“Worth the price”

La Grande Travelodge
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed for 3 days and chose this hotel based on the generally favorable reviews. I was pleasantly surprised--very comfortable beds (key to my rating), no weird chemical/pet/smoke smells (which I find common in cheap/moderate hotels), internet worked fine, and everything was generally clean and as advertised. I have stayed at the more expensive hotels (relative term) near I-84 in the past and considered them to be okay, but just okay (and a couple of them had the weird chemical cleaning smell, and all had beds inferior to this hotel). It's an older place, and when I first shut the entrance door to my room, it reminded me a lot like closing the door on a travel trailer (you may shake more than the door when you close it), but I felt secure. If I were the owner and could change anything (besides the door), it would be getting a bigger fridge and microwave, and putting them up on a cart/shelf (right now, both are very small and the microwave sits on top of the fridge, which in turn, sits on the floor---a little too reminiscent of Motel 6 IMO). Owner was friendly and very helpful. I'm not a continental breakfast person (I need something beyond carbs to keep me going) but there was a great breakfast restaurant across the street (Smokehouse), and Safeway was one block away. Bottom line...of the places I have stayed in La Grande thus far, I would choose this one above the others--nothing stopped me from having several good nights' sleep (which is my primary reason for selecting a hotel) and the price was much better. The next time I am in La Grande, I do plan on checking out the adjacent motels (only because I am curious)...but this one will set the standard by which to judge them.

Room Tip: I had room 37 which was on second floor above lobby....very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank T W
ulycab, Public Relations Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

We do appreciate you good review, we do our best to make our price be competitive with other motel in our sorroundings, also we want to make sure that rooms are clean and our guest will be comfortable during there stay with us. Thanks again.

front desk manager,
Lydia

Reviewed 16 February 2012

While on our moving trip from New Jersey to Washington we stopped here due to the reviews. The Travelodge was not fancy but was clean and reasonable. The manager was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, beds comfortable and the area safe. I was able to park my Penske truck next to the motel without problems. The restaurant across the street gave a discount for those staying at the hotel. If I was passing through again and needed to stay somewhere I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank wyattalanc
ulycab, Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Our goal is to make our guest happy and comfortable with there stay, I'm grateful to know that you did enjoy your stay and willing to stay with us again. We do appreciate your business.

Front desk manager
Lydia

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed at the Travelodge in La Grande as a stop over on our way to Salt Lake City. We got in about 10 pm, and the front desk lady was quick to get us our room. It overlooked what appeared to be a condemned home, with lots of garbage in the yard. That being said, the inside of the room was clean, and the bed was really comfortable. They advertised new beds on the readerboard, and the beds really did feel new. The bathroom was small, with no conditioner (I really like getting conditioner). Overall, the place was good for a stop over, one night stay. I wouldn't probably stay there if I was visiting La Grande for any length of time. It is outside the main downtown area, and I wouldn't want to walk from the hotel to downtown at night.

Room Tip: Good for a place to crash on a road trip to somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gopher_fan
ulysses c, Front Office Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

We had a neighbor in the process of relocation. Thats the mess you saw there and we are located in the downtown area for convenient for shopping and close proximity to the university.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Travelling with two small children, we found this hotel to be clean, conveniently close to a safeway and decent restaurants, and reasonably priced. Breakfast was provided; cereal, bagels, fruit etc. All you need. Microwave and fridge in room was helpful with keeping kids and adults happy. Comfortable beds, crisp new sheets.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank traumb

We do appreciate your good review and also for taking your time in writing your good review, we do value your response and by this we will make sure to keep our property be the best so we keep everyone that stay with us be happy.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Entering the room, my husband complained of a sewage smell. The smell seemed to be coming from the Air conditioner. La Grande seems to be a town primarily of aging run down properties. The Travelodge may very well be one of the best of them. Its tiny cramped room seemed reasonably clean. If I had to stay in La Grande again though, I might take my chances with another property. There was nothing exceptional about the Travelodge to make me want to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank avelina
ulycab, Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Trying to narrow it down which room you stayed what day of your arrival and your name I'm sure we have maintenance to address this issue.Nevertheless we apologize for you inconvenience.
manager

Reviewed 26 June 2011

I attended a job interview in Boise Idaho on Friday the 24th and stayed with friends that evening- but on the return trip yesterday I became very tired and decided to try an overnight stay in La Grande Oregon. The Travelodge on Adams Avenue is right on the old highway 30 that runs right through town. I am not overly picky about motels, but I do require a polite friendly staff and a very clean room. The La Grande Travelodge met my expectations- actually it exceeded my expectations. The woman at the Front Desk went out of her way to make sure that the room met my requirements. The room was very clean, and the rate was more than fair considering that it is nearing peak travel season. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: If you have a dog/cat, they allow them with a fee.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank andrewd67
ulycab, General Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear sir maam,
Thanks for the review, we are looking forward to another pleasant stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed last night at Travelodge at La Grande in Oregon and I was impressed with their service. The rooms were clean. The amenities were decent. The front desk was very polite and the location was very convenient. We have been here previously before a while back en route to Portland. I highly recommend Travelodge the next time you pass by La Grande.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Arkayev
ulycab, General Manager at La Grande Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thanks for the review although our response takes long time, We give our best service to our guests to WOW them so they will come back next time they are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Grande
Royal Motor Inn
Royal Motor Inn
#3 of 8 in La Grande
The Mays Place Bed & Breakfast

Been to La Grande Travelodge? Share your experiences!