“I'll Be Back!- To the America's Best Value Sandman Inn!”

Americas Best Value Sandman Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed 14 April 2010

The front desk staff was SUPER friendly and accomodating during our stay, they even let us check-in 5 HOURS EARLY!!! That was amazing. We also got an extended check-out time because we were Value Club members. Our room was clean, with just a few spots on the chair and table. Our room had a king size bed, pull out couch, microwave, and fridge. The front desk was also friendly when we needed extra stuff (towels, soap, shampoo, etc...). The pool area was a good size and also had a hot tub. The pool area didn't have towels, so you have to ask for them at the front desk. Breakfast in the morning was light, but good (Consisted of pastries, juice, coffee, cereal, etc...). Will definitely stay there again, and it is close to many restaurants and a strip mall.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 January 2010

Check in smooth. Room typical low budget room. Stains on carpet. Lumpy pillows. Thin blanket. Desk chair too low to use the desk, unless you like the keyboard at shoulder level. Desk chair filthy with ? what kind of stains - I don't want to know. The light over the desk was broken upon arrival and I went out to desk right after checking in to ask to have it fixed as the room is very dark. Asked the second day - was not fixed on leaving - the fourth day even after repeated requests. The continental breakfast is the most meager of anywhere I have ever stayed. The front desk does not seem to care if you are there or not. Once after room was cleaned - found there were no towels. No not one - front desk did not seem to care and unwillingly gave me a couple bath towels, one hand towel and that was all they would give me. Not a fan

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Total Nightmare. The front desk attendent, Anhill, gave us a room and an hour later gave another couple the same room. He proceeded to make us vacate the room we had been in for an hour, we had unmade the bed because this was at 10:30 at night, we had already used the soap and towels. When we told him this he said that the paperwork was easier for him if we moved to another room and made the other couple stay in our dirty room. We had to get out of bed and move all our belongings to another room. Over the next half hour he called our room 4 times to explain why it was easier for him that we moved and when we finally unplugged the phone so we could get some sleep he came knocking at the door. It was the worst type of "service" I have ever experienced and I will never go back. I didn't expect a great room but I did expect to not be harassed in a room we had paid for.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkOregon
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I will not be staying at an Americas Best Value Inn in the future! The room just had an overall dirty feeling. The carpet was stained in multiple spots, the couch had a suspicious spot and was horribly uncomfortable. Everything in the room felt greasy. The pillows were horrible and completely mismatched with different pillow covers on each pillow. They didn't even have a bed skirt on it, so you could see just how nasty the box spring was. The shower experience was probably the worst. The shower head barely spit out any water, and the one towel that was provided was see-through because it was so thin, and had a hair stuck in it! I was completely grossed out even sitting on the couch in the room. To top it off, the "free internet" was so slow I couldn't get any work done anyways! Pass on this one, check out the Best Western right next door!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2009

The cleanliness of this place was less than average. If you look a little, you see too much. Front desk staff was good, the rooms were spacious, but....

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2008

I stayed at the Sandman when I was taking a cross country road trip and I must say it was the cleanest/nicest place I stayed during my month long adventure. All of the employees were very friendly and had excellent customer service skills! My room was very clean and tidy! Even more impressive my bathtub was white and sparkly! I was more than impressed when upon my checkout the manager herself asked me how my stay was and if there was anything I felt they could improve upon. I would recomend this hotel to any one! Happy travels!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 September 2008

As someone who has worked at hotels in the past, I can honestly say that the America's Best Value Inn is far above average. The staff was extremely helpful and was able to cater to all of my requests.

When I checked into my room, I was very pleased with the cleanliness of it. In fact, my room was cleaner than many upper-end hotels that I have stayed at in the past.

I was also very pleased with the continental breakfast offered. There was a variety of cereal, toast, donuts, juice and coffee. The breakfast closed at nine o'clock but the manager was gracious enough to allow the breakfast room to remain open to accomodate me and a few other guests who didn't wake up early enough. She was very polite and made us feel like we were very welcome to enjoy the breakfast after hours.

All-in-all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in La Grande, OR. If you are looking for a place to stay that won't break the bank and yet be very clean and comfortable, this hotel should be your first choice.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)