“Not good!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Spokane, Washington
“Not good!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I guess you get what you pay for. It was very noisy all night - as you could easily hear your neighbors and anybody talking outside, as well as when anyone went up and downstairs. In the morning I noticed the carpet was infested with tiny ants. There was also something gross on the bath towel I went to use and had to go get another one. If we had had a booking for more than one night I would have cancelled after the first night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 23 March 2012 via mobile

Although older and not fancy, the room has everything one could ask for - a comfortable king sized bed as we requested, a microwave, mini-refigerator, a decent TV, and free wi-fi. The room is clean and comfortable. The manager was personable, helpful and responsive. It is a bargain and we would stay here again if we return to La Grande.

Stayed March 2012
Redmond, Washington, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My fiance and I stayed here on a cross-country trip from WI to WA and were very, very pleased. Individual at the front desk (I assume he was the owner) was very friendly and helpful at check-in; even had a nice conversation with us about where we were from and where we were headed. We were offered a sleep number bed, which was pretty awesome. The room is basic and a bit dated (think early-to-mid 1990s), but everything was immaculate and well-kept. Fridge was a good-size mini fridge, not one of those tiny dorm fridges, which I thought was nice. The internet was kind of flaky, which I thought was the only downside. Overall, however, the value was tremendous. It was the most inexpensive hotel on our trip, but also the quietest and the cleanest. It was also within walking distance to a couple of great downtown restaurants and the movie theater in La Grande. As an added bonus, there was some fruit and packaged pastries set out for breakfast, which, when you are expecting nothing, is a great treat.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Malibu, California
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel is close to everything downtown, very comfortable and clean. My boyfriend and I stayed 3 nights, and were appreciative of the refrigerator, microwave and the internet service. The staff was friendly, and were helpful when I had a question about the internet service. Neighbors upstairs were noisy one night, but quiet otherwise. Next time we visit La Grande, we'll be staying here!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Montesano, Washington
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife and I found this place from their billboard near the freeway. We were able to view the room first which I appreciated. We found the furniture very dated as mentioned before, but the room was very clean. Excellent value at $50 after tax!

• Stayed September 2011
Douds IA
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Staff was friendly at check in. Room was very crowded for two beds. Bathroom is smallish but not terrible. Room was basically clean but furniture and decor are somewhat dated. Air conditioner did not work, did not discover this until we had gotten all our stuff settled in, so we just opened a window since it was 65 outside. There is a train track that sounds like it is about 2 blocks away and the trains go through town laying on the horn. Continental breakfast is muffins and coffee in the tiny lobby. When I say tiny I mean there is nowhere to sit. Not a big deal but if I had known it I would have looked for a different place with a better breakfast even if it meant spending a few extra dollars. For the money I spent I would not stay here again at all.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
kswanson8933, Manager at Royal Motor Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2011
I am sorry your experience was not better. It is our policy to instruct all guest to call the front desk if they have any questions or problems and on how to power the air conditioner or base board heater. It is possible that we did not deliver these instructions and for that we are sorry.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Stayed one night, arrived late - after 9pm - the room was upstairs, AARP rate of $55 total. Offered us a pillow top, regular, or sleep number bed. While not fancy, it was clean and a good value, other hotels in the area wanted nearly double that price.

Visited the Oregon Trail Interpretive center the following day.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family