“Better than sleeping in the car”
Review of Royal Motor Inn

Royal Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Better than sleeping in the car”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Mattresses were stained, no tv remote, air conditioner did not work, ugly and broken down decor, all we had to choose from at 3:45am

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 May 2010

This was an overnight stop on a x-country ski trip in NE Oregon, so was very adequate to our needs. Though furnishings were basic & room small, it was large enough for 2 of us and everything was absolutely clean & neat. Owners & assistant were friendly, helpful, & competant. Seemed to be a favorite stopover for quite a few travelers.

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank Portlandgirl41
astoria oregon
Reviewed 14 December 2009

The room was the cleanest I have ever stayed in for a bargan price and it was a pet welcome room to boot, this room was cleaner than some $300.00 a night 5 star hotels I have stayed in, very nice stay. Thanks to Karl & Ruby . Edward Cosgrove

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alkaseltzerplus
eastern oregon
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Because of multiple activities going on in La Grande on the weekend of August 8th, my son and I were advised not to camp at the pool for the swim meet so I started looking for a place stay. We are on a strict budget for our swimming summer so affordability was a major concern for me and some of the other motels in La Grande were just too much for our budget. Royal Motor Inn fit the budget and it was a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. We are planning our budget for next year and plan to stay at the Royal when we are in La Grande swimming.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Alberta
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I am not one to complain, and I feel bad having to do it. The staff were very pleasant, but that is the only good quality of this Motel. I had just drove for 15 hours and it was getting late, and the online reviews were very good, so I just stopped in and got a room. It was very hot in the room and even after the A/C ran for over an hour it was still barely tolerable. It was a sleep number bed, but it was terribly uncomfortable (the only thing I thought might turn out ok with this night). The Motel is in the old (sketchy) part of town so I was not too comfortable parking here. To top it right off, when I pulled the covers back there were hairs in the bed and on the pillows...YUK!! I slept on top of the covers and morning couldn't come quickly enough so I could get out of there. If you want to try this Motel, I would strongly suggest asking to see your room first. Sorry, I don't like to give a bad review but it has to be said.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank wildrosegal
UK
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We stopped in La Grande to see the Hell's Canyon National Recreational Area. The motel was in downtown almost at the end of the main road. Ruby, one of the owners, was very welcoming and friendly. Love the classic Texaco garage next door! I thought La Grande was going to be another small down that you drive by in America but it was pleasantly nice. The rooms were clean, a bit dated but it was comfortable. The only thing is the noise from the trains but they are so loud I think you can hear them wherever you are in La Grande!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank USALover88
Oregon
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Don't expect high-class accommodations, but if your room is just going to be a home base for outdoor fun, it doesn't get much better than this. Friendly staff, safe, clean and secure, nearby local restaurants and shopping. Clean enough for a young family looking for an inexpensive place to stay. Could've used more shampoo, soap and towels, but that's a minor point in an otherwise great 2-day stay.

Hint: The train noise is not nearly as bad as I've had at other places, but the white noise of the A/C unit makes the train barely audible at night.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family