“Surprisingly good steak dinner!”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #10 of 66 Restaurants in La Grande
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Lubbock, Texas
“Surprisingly good steak dinner!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I never thought I would be giving stellar ratings for a Denny's non-breakfast or dessert item! But, it happened last week in La Grande,Oregon. My other and I wanted to eat, a good, steak dinner at some place local. We had picked two of the other places out on the Trip Advisor app. When we drove by, they were closed for dinner in the evening. So, we headed back out along hwy 82 and decided on Denny's. We were surprised with a tender, 8oz sirloin with sides such as red potatoes, sauteed zucchini ,and garlic toast. My pastor once said that sinning is like going to Denny's. You never intend to actually go there, you just ended up there. But sometimes you get a pleasant surprise, like I did last week.

• Visited May 2014

New York
“Soooo gross”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Awful food, dirty glassware and silverware, menus were sticky and table was dirty. Condiment on tables looked like they had been touched by every grimey paw in town. Food didn't taste like it was supposed to (fries like cardboard -- no flavor) quesadilla was made with frozen veggies and kraft singles... need I go on? Sitting here feeling ill after eating there. Don't go. Eat wrapped up gas station food before you go here.

Oh and the manager using the rolling vacuum ran into my foot on purpose and said he was feeling ornery tonight. What the...?!?!!!??!

seattle
“Good stop for breakfast, homey for a Dennys”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I am not a big Denny's fan, but like this one. Easy access from I-84, friendly waitstaff, not real crowded when I've been in, and seems very local clientele. Discovered the skillet breakfast menu items this time, wonderful for someone who enjoys hot (temperature) food. Piping hot, and stays hot the entire time it takes to eat. Coffee was good and hot as well.

• Visited January 2014
La Grande, Oregon
“In the afternoon & evening you take your chances...”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Breakfasts should rate 4 or 5 star - food and waitresses are great.
Other times you take your chances - depends on who is cooking and whom you get to wait on you.
It has been 10 months since my last review of the La Grande Denny's. We have been eating there one or two times a week. They are hard to judge because of different times and personnel. I can say that their breakfasts are great and the wait staff excellent and attentive. The pancakes are the best in town! We recently ate there twice in the afternoon and evening and had two different experiences. On December 23rd at about 4:00 pm we had dinner there - excellent. Very good meal, waitress was friendly and attentive. On December 26th we ate there about 2:30-3:00 pm. It was the worst meal we have had there! We had a guy for a waiter, he brought burnt garlic bread (which I should have sent back), and my wife's vegetables were burnt. He told us he used to work at some high-class restaurant in town. I would have been ashamed to have served food like he brought us. He was not attentive - spent too much time talking to other customers, failed to bring us our bill and so on. It is a shame to have a bad experience like this…

• Visited December 2013
“OK Food But Noisy Atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped here late one evening recently on our way to Boise...place was nice and clean...but they have a bar attached to the back. I wasn't even aware Denny's had bars! Restaurant was playing one kind of music loudly and the bar, which had doors opened to the main dining area, was playing another country station very loudly. There was an excess of staff who would wander around and then stand in clusters and talk over the music. I was tired and didn't enjoy the constant barrage of loud noise. Food was actually very tasty and plentiful, service was decent.

Visited November 2013

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!