“Rural attempt at a Yuppie hangout”
Review of Ten Depot Street

Ten Depot Street
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in La Grande
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I am very familiar with fine dining, and this is place is the "best" restaurant in La Grande. The food is average. The ambiance is laughably "upscale". The servers are pleasant and professional.

The wine list is not worth the paper it's printed on. Just go to Costco and pick any wine at random and bring it in. You would be no worse off. Any "upscale" sense is lost when diners are selecting their wines from a list over populated with wines from Nevada, Washington, and Oregon. None of these regions have the wine world buzzing. The wine list needs to bee either trimmed downed or improved with quality. I suggest adding a Barbera wine, as well as a couple of higher quality wines.

The menu is simple and lacks creativity. This place has no business asking $26 for prime rib, nor the $26 for the NY Steak. I personally heve spent $125 for a steak, so the price isn't the issue. I am challenging the value and the location. Ten Depot does not offer twice the "glamour" of a sizzler. Yet it asks twice the price for almost an identically prepared steak. The Prime Rib here is no better than Bud Jackson's Sports Bar on Adams, which charges far less.

Very average meal, with a pricing structures that detract from the meal. Good service. Light on the drinks.

1  Thank ConstanTraveler77

Reviewed 4 July 2013

While in La Grande we ate at this wonderful restaurant. The food (we chose the prime rib) was delicious..and the service (Jennifer) friendly and helpful. This will definitely be on our list for the future!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I travel to La Grande for work and the quality dinning options are very limited. This place is an oasis! I sat at the bar for a quick bite and had a great draft beer (Elysium Space Dust IPA) and opted for the prime rib sandwich and a cup of tomato soup. The bartender recommended the salmon and asparagus, which looked great, but I was not looking for a full meal. The prime rib was very high quality can cooked properly, horseradish seemed freshly made, and the au jus was incredible. Just before I left a band was setting up for some live entertainment. If I lived anywhere near this place, there would be a chair with my name on it. Hope to try a full meal next time and see if push them to an "excellent" rating.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is my favorite place to go have drinks & dinner. The bar has a great atmosphere and the service is always good. The live music on Tuesday & Thursday nights is entertaining and always enjoyable!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We ate dinner at this restaurant while we were staying at nearby Hot Lake Springs. We were very happy with the whole experience. The service was exceptional. I wish I could remember the name of our waitress...she was very sweet and treated us like royalty. We both order prime rib and it was the best I've ever tasted. We had the full 4 course meal and enjoyed every bite. The atmosphere was great too. I would highly recommend this restaurant and hope to go back again.