Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Sun City West, United States
“Good”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed two nights here and used a handicapped room. It was a long way from the breakfast room but we made it there. They were re-doing the parking lot so sometimes we had difficulty parking and had to use the parking lot where we had to go down stairs which was extremely difficult.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for letting us know your opinion. I am sorry that you had come when we had construction going on. I will pass your concerns on about the breakfast area.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Shoreline, Washington, USA
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First time at this Best Western location, but, certainly not the last. Excellent property, great room and wonderful service. Look forward to being back for another stay next year. Will certainly pass on our satisfaction with this property to our friends looking for a great spot to stay in La Grande, Oregon. Duane

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I could see by your picture that you love the outdoors, and we have plenty of that here. Come see us soon. We have many new things happening in our near future.

Prineville, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Rooms were clean, staff was super friendly. More so than I have ever seen in a motel. Even at the FREE breakfast, they cleaned up after you, and walked around pouring you coffee. Great place, for business and pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the breakfast. We try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Again, thank you and please come see us again. We have a lot going on in our future.

Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Room was large. Fully accessible for a large power wheelchair with a full roll-in shower. Most Rooms "say"that they are handicapped accessible, but this one actually is. We find that most Best Westerns are.

1 Thank Mrscleanhead
Thank you for letting us know we are doing a good job. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you.

Portland, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very Good: Without a thought, the room was cleaned and the service was very good! I am looking forward to come back stay at this hotel again. As far as Breakfast go, I would prefer adding more fruits and veggies.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank You for the great review. We are glad to have us your opinion on improving our breakfast. We can't fix it if we don't know what is wrong with it. This will help us provide better service for our guests. We hope you stop again and see all the changes taking place.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Being a rural community, I wasn't sure what to expect. Turned out to be quite nice and very clean. I heard the breakfast was good. Made phone reservation and person was very nice. Gal who greeted us when we arrived was all business, never cracked a smile. Different person who signed us out was very friendly. Please note..there is no elevator and stairs are steep.

1 Thank Laurel L
Thank you for the great review. I am sorry about having to go up the stairs. Did we not have anything on the ground floor we could move you to? There is hope though. I have heard we will be getting an elevator next year. By all means, drop by and see us again. We have many more improvements on the way.

Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Upon my check in I asked the desk clerk if i could park my very valuable display truck in the rear parking lot? A woman stated from the other side of the front counter "NO your truck will take too many parking spaces!, you'll have to park on the street". When I walked out in the morning there were cars pulling trailers & other rental trucks taking way more spaces then my truck would have.
The toilet didn't flush without lifting the lid and manually pulling up on the flapper, the sink drained very slowly, the shower head was terrible...
The breakfast was "hocky puck" eggs and burnt sausage. The coffee was like watered down tea.
There was no one attending the front counter in the morning so I left a note on the counter with my room maintenance requests as I went into the breakfast room. When I left there was still no one attending the counter but my note had been taken.
Expecting these issues to be handled when I returned at the end of the day very tired, I found they had done "Nothing".....
The room has those ac/heat wall units that never work worth a darn and this place was no different. Either too cold or too hot.
There aren't many choices in La Grande, OR but next time I'll stay an hour away and drive in in the morning.
One of the worst..How they got their rating as a Best Western "Plus" is beyond me? I have always had good luck with BW Plus properties but BW really needs to drop that rating for this dump.
BTW, No elevator either?? Really?
Never again...

Room Tip: Their are no good rooms...it's an old "Motel" fixed up and disguised as a "Hotel...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kernvilledaddy
krystie y, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Rama Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I do apologize for the problems in your room. I had taken the note and put the information in the maintenance book and on his desk. He is usually pretty good at getting to those kind of things right away.
The issue with parking the truck is because of the weight. When the trucks park back there they brake up the pavement because the weight makes the parking lot crack and break up. We appreciate the fact that you asked first. I am assuming the others did not, otherwise they would have been told the same thing.