“Motorcycle Friendly!!”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Portland, Oregon
“Motorcycle Friendly!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Great place to stay between Portland OR and Boise ID. Very reasonably priced, comfortable, clean and very friendly staff - good value for the money. Love the fruit in the morning! Great water pressure for a good shower (so important).
Good Mexican restaurant across the street within walking distance.
Don't forget to check out Bella Kitchen Store in town before leaving La Grande - best kitchen store ever~

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I wanted to thank you for staying with us we value each guest experience and value your comments. Each comment and suggestion we recieve are taken serioulsy. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Joseph
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

A reasonably, priced older motel convenient to the freeway with a
Denney's restaurant next door. The receptionist was friendly, the room was clean, the heating was adequate. The rate was reasonable, and made more so by a hotel coupon from a booklet available at the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
I just wanted to thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you here and I hope to see you again in the near future. I know that you all are busy, so thank you again for taking the time to post a comment about the hotel.
Molalla, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

I used to stay here on my weekly trips to La Grande until the driving job I had ended. The Manager and Staff were always very friendly. Janie always had my paperwork ready for me when I walked though the door, who could ask for more, right.
Then my big stupid mouth got in the way, I said something to her that made her mad/upset with me. It wasn't meant to be a bad comment, I guess it seemed that way though. I said it because I liked her. I don't know if or when I'll be headed back that way. I hope I will be welcome to stay there if I do.
I'm sorry I opened my mouth !!!!

Happy Holidays to You and Your Staff Janie.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side, over looking the pool, are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thank you for your positive comment ragarding our pleasant staff. If you're ever in the area again we hope you will choose the La Grande Inn again.
Canby, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

We are originally from La Grande and have stayed at this hotel for family and business trips multiple times a year. I was willing to put up with the outdated rooms, horribly uncomfortable beds, making out the conversation in the next room and loud road noise, for the sake of convenience (only having one vehicle, wanting Shari's within walking distance). But will definitely not ever be staying here again! We had already stayed 4 nights and the day of checkout, My husband had an emergency situation, and I was left at the Inn, I called for a 12:00 late check out (normally 11:00). They refused, even when I explained my situation. I had to sit in the lobby until he was able to return. They may have had 10 rooms occupied in the entire complex of a few hundred! La Grande does not have a lot of variety, but we will be looking for a different hotel next time! Maybe this will be a positive, as there have to be better beds in this town!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SRC81
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
I want to personally apologize for your most recent stay at our hotel. I understand what an inconvience it must have been for you and your family not being able to check out at 12 pm. We try our hardest to accommodate all of our guest request, please give us another chance as we will improve in these area's.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal. Please except my apology, and hope that you might visit our hotel again.
Walla Walla, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Due to a family illness, we've stayed in Lagrande hotels recently. The Sandman and Super 8 were both noise and dirty. While obviously an older hotel, we found the LAGRANDE INN to be very clean. The rates were much better than the other two hotels and the staff treated us like family. Conveniently, there is a SHARI's in the same parking lot. WE WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL to anyone passing through Lagrande, OR!!!

Room Tip: Any of the upstairs rooms in the main quadrant look onto the courtyard/swimming pool and are all ver...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
I want to personally let you know that my staff and I appreciate the positive feedback. It let's us know that we are treating our guest as they should be. We strive to make each guest experience a positive one such as the one you experienced. Thank you again, I hope to see you soon.
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

" As of October 2012, under the management of Janie Carman, an absolutly wonderful person, the La Grande Inn in La Grande, OR must have had a 100% upgrade when I compare my expereince to the other reviewers. My room was very clean, the sink and shower worked great, the coffee pot made some fine coffee, the "easy" chair was very comfortable, the staff personel were really profession and curtious, the room was very quiet and I enjoyed a really good, quality nights sleep. And I really appreciated the convenience of being able to walk across the parking lot to have some fine meals at the Denney's Restaurant!!!
I will always stay at the La Grande Inn on my trips from Reno to Spokane, WA, well, as long as Janie Carman is incharge of the place!
G.W.G. - D.A.V.

Room Tip: "Just let Janie Carman take care of all that for you"
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gary G
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I appreciate your positive comment about myself and the staff. I look forward to your return to our hotel. Once again thank you, for the great feedback.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Hotel was 59 bucks a night. It was obviously dated. Rooms were kind of mismatched, pretty noisy as far as voices from next room and water running. Breakfast was 2 cereals, some mini muffins, hard boiled eggs, and coffee and juice.

I'd stay here again but only if it was just me or a guys trip and only because I was passing through.

Room Tip: 100 odd numbers face the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
gmlilg, Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We accommodate many guest each evening, and the principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.