“Good value for the price”
Review of La Grande Inn

La Grande Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Meridian, Idaho, United States
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

While the common areas are dated, the room was clean, the bed comfortable and it was quiet. The continental breakfast had a reasonable variety, including oatmeal. Wireless internet is not secured. Really easy to get to off of the freeway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from occuring.

I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've stayed there three times in last year because best vslue in town. I also stayed at the Days Inn on Adams Ave. Which was Grungy, redunkulous small raty room bogus breskfast and 10 bucks more than La Grande Inn.

Granted the Inn is NOT a 4 star motel but its pretty good over all and I'm picky.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the La Grande Inn. We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stay every year in Sept going south for the winter & again in Feb/Mar on our way home... Convenient location right off freeway... Denny's right next door... reasonable price ... Rooms are clean... comp. breakfast is good for us & always friendly staff...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
We look forward to your stay each year with us at the La Grande Inn. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We look forward to serving you again next year!
Oregon
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stay at the La Grande Inn almost every August with several family members prior to our annual camping trip. I really don't understand the negative reviews. The staff are accomodating, helpful and very hard working. Our rooms had new furnishings which were attractive and comfortable. The bed was great, new fixtures in the bathroom. I like the balcony rooms and ours had a screen and a secure lock. The air conditioner worked great. The hotel is old, and the common areas are worn, but the staff is always hard at work keeping things looking good, cleaning carpet stains, etc. In all the times I have stayed here I have never heard outside noise. I love the large pool. The only negative during our stay was the ice machine ran out of ice. Other low cost lodging in the area is by the railroad tracks or have surly staff I have found. I much prefer the friendly La Grande Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet. Some rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bonny B
My staff and I would like to personally thank you for your positive comments not only about the motel but about us.
My team and I believe that a hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. We also take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

My staff and I look forward to serving you again in the future!
Seattle
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Very dirty, old and nasty. The rooms are kind of clean but very old. The lobby, stairs and halls are dirty. It is also noisy because of gas stations, Denny's and the road right there. There are no screens on the sliding doors and the locks are broken. This was one of the worst motels I have stayed in. The sad thing is it is one of only 3-4 in La Grande and they all look bad.

Room Tip: Don't stop in La Grande - keep going to the Casino about another hour North. Wish we did.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

After reading and seeing the reviews on here, I was a bit hesitant to stay here, but I was in LaGrande for four days, unexpectedly, and the price was right, and after the first night at the Travelodge, I wasn't staying in that motel again. So, I figured "Why not give this place a shot? Reviews are often inaccurate."

And this time, they were again. The beds were comfortable, the hot tub worked fine and was very enjoyable, the rooms and entire facility that I saw was clean and well maintained overall, the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

A couple very minor complaints I had, however. I would have liked for there to be a microwave in each room as opposed to only one in the lobby (come to find out you can ask for one, by the way), and the continental breakfast left a bit to be desired (but I'm a picky chef, so I have never been pleased by a cont. breakfast).

All in all, if I were to be back in LaGrande, I would stay here again without a moments hesitation. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Beacause our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilites, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we recieve from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Sincerly,
Baker City, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Came to La Grande for an extended stay due to seasonal work. As the seasonal job could move to other towns in the area rooms were booked on five day increments. First five days went ok although the Inn had a problem with their electronic key cards which had to be reprogrammed for every room.
Two days into my second five day increment I returned from work to find my key card not working again so I went down to the front desk to have it re-keyed and was told that they checked me out! I asked why and they said because I didn't leave anything in my room so they figured I had left. I take my stuff with me everyday plus, I left a bottle of wine in the room and a "do not disturb" sign of the door indicating that I was planning on returning, but I guess they didn't want my business. No apology either. Now sure, mistakes happen but they did the exact same thing to a co-worker the next night. We both changed motels, after all, what's the purpose of having a reservation if the motel isn't going to honor it?

• Stayed July 2013
It is never good to hear a guest had such a bad experience with our hotel. My goal as the General Manager is provide the best stay possible to all my guest and it is upsetting to hear that your experience was less than positive.

I am sorry that you where checked out of your room we do value your business. If we see that there are no belongings in a room and they are due to check out we would rather check you out than charge your credit card for a night you did not stay. I want to apologize for your keys not working we are trying our best to correct this issue.