“We all love this place.”
Review of La Grande Inn

La Grande Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I have stayed at most of the hotels in La Grande. The place we keep coming back to and we call our second home is the La Grande Inn. I work with four other guys and they all would rather stay here than any other hotel in La Grande. We come here all year long so we have seen all the seasons through our window. In the summer the outside pool is where we love to hang out after a day of work. So much better than the newer hotels with indoor pools. In the winter the hot tub and sauna are the perfect end to a cold day outdoors. With the fitness room and laundry what else could we want when we are away from home for weeks at a time. The staff are the best and I have never been treated better or felt more safe and comfortable with all the people that work there. The rooms are clean and nice to hang out in when we get a delay at work.

I have stayed in many hotels in Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon and Nevada and have seen such bad smelling and dirty rooms that the other people reviewing this hotel would be appauled at. I'm sure if they didn't like this hotel then they wouldn't like any hotel.

I will keep going back to the La Grande Inn as long as I work in La Grande. So if you want a fun and nice hotel to stay at I would give it a try.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2009

Thank you for your review it is nice to be appreciated. My staff and I always look forward to you staying.

There are newer reviews for La Grande Inn

Reviewed 2 November 2009

If this is the only place in town open you are better off to sleep in your car!!!!!!!!!!
I stay in La Grande several times a year and I was very upset with the false advertising --they show pictures of a new and clean hotel on line and you get the old dirty rooms with poor management!!
We had dirty sheets, garbage under the bed from months before, the bath room was dirty, and when we ask for clean sheets they wanted to move us to a different room we said no due to we had small children. We were given sheets and dirty pillow cases and when I complained i was told they would comp the room months later I see they charged me for the room when I called and complain the manager said they never brought me those pillow cases and when I told her I wanted to get the story right so when I call her supervisor the MANAGER hung up on me what a great person to have in charge-- the best part is her manager said they still would not credit me and the manager is still working there. Sleep in your car its cleaner.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank grandmaPortland

My staff and I went out of our way to fix the issues that where brought to our attention. We offered to move you to a new room, you did not want to. We offered to change your sheets and was told you would do it. We discounted you room. The staff and I always try our best to correct our mistakes. The La Grande Inn does have high cleanliness standards. I invite anyone who reads this comment to stop by for a property tour and you will see for yourself that we are clean.....

Reviewed 24 August 2009

The LaGrande Inn is located half-way around the bypass for the city, just off the highway exit in a mixed area of strip malls and fast food restaurants. We stopped in late evening at the mid-point of a cross-country drive; it was the only hotel in La Grande that was accepting walk-ins on a Friday evening. Still, the price was reasonable and breakfast was included, the property is a bit worn but comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. There is parking alongside the hotel and an outdoor pool that was closed during our visit. The hotel does not have elevators; guest rooms on the lower floor are handicap-accessible. WiFi is available in the lobby; there are family restaurants available in walking distance across the parking lot.

Rooms are basic but reasonably clean: the furniture has seen better days. Two queen beds, television and minibar/fridge, and cable TV with a selection of local channels. There is a tub / shower combination; hot water and pressure are adequate. A sparse complimentary breakfast buffet is served each morning with pastry, juice, cereal and coffee.

This is a convenient highway stopover, friendly and comfortable. It is a basic value with local character that I thought was a good alternative to the budget chain motels in town.

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank DaveH-ExPat
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Service was good, although they didnt understand some of what we were saying (and we speak english). The add said wireless internet available, but after we checked in we founf out its only in one part of the hotel. If you want internet you have to go their "business centre". The spa was nice.
The room was dark and I dont think the windows had ever been cleaned. It took us about 5 mins to get the shower to work, as the taps were calcified so very hard to get them to work. Bed was uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I've traveled to third world countries and stayed in rural accommodations and this is by far the worst hotel I've ever been to. The first room we were assigned to had stained bedding, dirty towels in the bathroom that had been left in the bathtub, old moldy food under the bed, sticky carpet, and smelled like mold and filth. After the first evening we woke up to find bedbugs crawling on my leg, and inspected the carpet molding to find larva and assorted insects living in it. The hotel staff was defensive and snippy when we approached them with our problem, but offered to change our room. The second room appeared to be bug-free, but had the same stained bedding, dirty towels, old moldy food under the bed, sticky carpet, terrible smell, and also had the added bonus of a broken air conditioner with no working fan. We also could not open a window because the only source of ventilation was a balcony door with no screen and there were dozens of mosquitos outside due to it overlooking a pool. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2008

I booked a room for $54.00 AARP rate, went to the room and practically ran 100 miles an hour to get the "heck" out of it. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room and it SMELLED TERRIBLY. The furniture was sparce and very worn. It was extremely dark. The lady at the Tourist Information building in town had told me it was one of the best places in town. I would suggest she go and "check it out."

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 3 July 2008

This hotel was tied with the Super8 for the lowest rate we could find when we pulled into town off the Interstate. We gave it a try since it seemed a bit more full-featured, albiet older, for the same price. The clerk was very nice and asked exactly what we wanted for our room. In the end she gave us a poolside room, which made the kids happy. The pool, however, was way too cold, even on a 95 degree day. Then the hottub was way too hot.

The breakfast was pretty good. Slightly above average for a continental. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)