“Would not stay in this motel again!!”
Review of La Grande Inn

La Grande Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Fairview
“Would not stay in this motel again!!”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

We got the name and number of this motel on one of those Traveler Discount books. We called from the road and asked if they would honor the discount amount and when they said they would, we reserved a room for later that evening. They asked us to give them a card number to reserve the room so we gave them our Debit card even though we planned on paying with cash. When we got there and went in the room, I almost backed out of it because the toilet had grime around the edge and the bathtub had mold on it and the room just didn't seem that clean. But we decided to stay since it was late and we had reserved it with the discounted price. Boy were we upset the next morning when we went down to checkout and were charged the room price without the discount AND the bill had already been put on our debit card. After my husband came out and showed me the bill, I was angry and went back in to see why we were not given the discount. I was told that we had not showed them the discount paper when we check in, which we did not do thinking that it was already taken care of at the time we reserved the room and of course, no one had bothered to tell us they needed it. The girl we talked to was totally inflexible and so I give them a big fat ZERO for customer service!! She could have solved this problem for us and we would have walked away relatively happy but she refused to do anything about it. So we stayed in a dirty unacceptable room because we thought we were at least getting a deal. I've worked as a customer service rep for years and know that anything can and shoud be done to satisfy a customer. With such crappy customer service, they had better get there rooms cleaned better or they are not going to have much business!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chertuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
lvoregon
Reviewed 16 December 2010

I just stayed here for a night while I visited the Eastern Oregon Campus.

Pros:
-$60 a night for a comfy queen bed, TV, small refrigerator, and hair dryer!
-Was next to the main road but couldn't here traffic noise
-very close to food, and downtown area, although I still took my car.
-Had a nice breakfast nook separate from lobby, 6am-9am.
-All I needed was a clean place to sleep after driving 4 hours and thats what i got.

Cons:
-NO internet or wifi!! I even had trouble getting internet on my phone.
-There were spots in the room that were a little worn down and didn't look finished, but nothing was dirty.
- I could occasionally hear my upstairs neighbors, and the doors shut and open loudly, I went on a very quiet day but could be a problem if it gets busy.

Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Pendleton
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I would recommend the motel to anyone. They are very helpful and friendly. We had to stay past the check out because our truck wasn't ready yet from the repair shop. The people were very helpful with that problem. I enjoyed the breakfast they serve, was just enough for anyone traveling.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Washington
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I have stayed at most of the hotels in La Grande. The place we keep coming back to and we call our second home is the La Grande Inn. I work with four other guys and they all would rather stay here than any other hotel in La Grande. We come here all year long so we have seen all the seasons through our window. In the summer the outside pool is where we love to hang out after a day of work. So much better than the newer hotels with indoor pools. In the winter the hot tub and sauna are the perfect end to a cold day outdoors. With the fitness room and laundry what else could we want when we are away from home for weeks at a time. The staff are the best and I have never been treated better or felt more safe and comfortable with all the people that work there. The rooms are clean and nice to hang out in when we get a delay at work.

I have stayed in many hotels in Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon and Nevada and have seen such bad smelling and dirty rooms that the other people reviewing this hotel would be appauled at. I'm sure if they didn't like this hotel then they wouldn't like any hotel.

I will keep going back to the La Grande Inn as long as I work in La Grande. So if you want a fun and nice hotel to stay at I would give it a try.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2009
Thank you for your review it is nice to be appreciated. My staff and I always look forward to you staying.
portland
Reviewed 2 November 2009

If this is the only place in town open you are better off to sleep in your car!!!!!!!!!!
I stay in La Grande several times a year and I was very upset with the false advertising --they show pictures of a new and clean hotel on line and you get the old dirty rooms with poor management!!
We had dirty sheets, garbage under the bed from months before, the bath room was dirty, and when we ask for clean sheets they wanted to move us to a different room we said no due to we had small children. We were given sheets and dirty pillow cases and when I complained i was told they would comp the room months later I see they charged me for the room when I called and complain the manager said they never brought me those pillow cases and when I told her I wanted to get the story right so when I call her supervisor the MANAGER hung up on me what a great person to have in charge-- the best part is her manager said they still would not credit me and the manager is still working there. Sleep in your car its cleaner.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank grandmaPortland
My staff and I went out of our way to fix the issues that where brought to our attention. We offered to move you to a new room, you did not want to. We offered to change your sheets and was told you would do it. We discounted you room. The staff and I always try our best to correct our mistakes. The La Grande Inn does have high cleanliness standards. I invite anyone who reads this comment to stop by for a property tour and you will see for yourself that we are clean.....
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 August 2009

The LaGrande Inn is located half-way around the bypass for the city, just off the highway exit in a mixed area of strip malls and fast food restaurants. We stopped in late evening at the mid-point of a cross-country drive; it was the only hotel in La Grande that was accepting walk-ins on a Friday evening. Still, the price was reasonable and breakfast was included, the property is a bit worn but comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. There is parking alongside the hotel and an outdoor pool that was closed during our visit. The hotel does not have elevators; guest rooms on the lower floor are handicap-accessible. WiFi is available in the lobby; there are family restaurants available in walking distance across the parking lot.

Rooms are basic but reasonably clean: the furniture has seen better days. Two queen beds, television and minibar/fridge, and cable TV with a selection of local channels. There is a tub / shower combination; hot water and pressure are adequate. A sparse complimentary breakfast buffet is served each morning with pastry, juice, cereal and coffee.

This is a convenient highway stopover, friendly and comfortable. It is a basic value with local character that I thought was a good alternative to the budget chain motels in town.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank DaveH-ExPat
NZ
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Service was good, although they didnt understand some of what we were saying (and we speak english). The add said wireless internet available, but after we checked in we founf out its only in one part of the hotel. If you want internet you have to go their "business centre". The spa was nice.
The room was dark and I dont think the windows had ever been cleaned. It took us about 5 mins to get the shower to work, as the taps were calcified so very hard to get them to work. Bed was uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple