“Wonderful and Friendly”
Review of Paulina Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Pine
Paulina Lake Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in La Pine
Reviewed 5 June 2010

My family and I stayed up there for New Year's weekend, we all had such a wonderful stay the cabin we stayed in was AWESOME it was perfect for the 5 of us! We stayed in the Swallow. It was nice and cozy warm, my girls and I LOVED the bathroom in that cabin it had the most wonderful tiled shower, I wish I had that bathroom in my home!!

We found that everyone that works in the lodge was very friendly and very helpful, the owners were WONDERFUL! we were in the restuartant with our girls having dinner one of the nights we were there and they came around and visited with us, they are caring people!

My family and I would and will return to Paulina Lake Lodge this summer! We enjoy the the rustic feel of the cabins!

Thank-you to all of you at Paulina Lake Lodge for making our stay WONDERFUL...and giving my family WONDERFUL memories!!

Reviewed 1 April 2010

My Family & I stayed in the Reed Cabin and it was very nice. The kitchen was fully stocked and we had plenty of room for all us. The beds were clean and very comfortable. We ate dinner at the Restaurant and let me say the Prime Rib was the best I've ever had!! The atmosphere of the Lodge was warm and inviting. The owners are very friendly as well as the staff. The area and lake around the Lodge is so Beautiful, a must see to believe. I would recommend this Lodge to anyone looking to find a place to relax and enjoy it all!!

1  Thank Ruger1234
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We had a wonderful time!! We stayed in the Reed cabin that had plenty of room for all us and the kids had great time as well. The cabin was well stocked and the beds were so comfortable. The owners were very friendly and the staff was pleasant as well. I would absolutely recommend staying there. We brought our own food and water, like we always do when we travel. We also ate at the restaurant, which by the way was the best prime rib we've ever had. The scenery is amazing.

1  Thank TheHubinaks
Reviewed 28 January 2010

My wife and I made reservations for a cabin to fish the lake. Got there and was surprised at how worn out the place was. Got to our cabin. What a shock! The cabin was dirty with dead moths all over the place. The sheets on the bed did not appear to have been laundered. The bed spread was covered in bodily fluids. Described as rustic. Paid alot of money for a _ _ _ _hole! Couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Politi
Reviewed 22 November 2009

We went up to the Lodge for the Labor Day Annual Pig Roast and Horseshoe Competition. The cabin we stayed in was small, but cozy. The bed was comfortable and the linens were clean. Yes, the bathroom was small, but it's a bathroom in a cabin for pete's sake, we were not expecting something spectacular! It served it's purpose very well. Toilet, sink and shower! Thank you very much!! The remainder of the cabin really was nice. The kitchen area was separate from the sleeping area and was well equipped. We brought our own food and water (we always bring our own) so we were pretty comfortable. The heating in the cabin was great. Kept us warm.

We found the owners to be engaging and fun. This is a huge event and they made everyone feel at home. The food at the pig roast was spectacular! We made a number of new friends that weekend and I'm sure we will go back next year. I would highly recommend it.

We went back up again towards the end of September and stayed in a different cabin. This one had been renovated and was just beautiful. I do think their prices are a bit high, but really, over all, it's not that bad. There was a dusting of snow on the ground when we woke up in the morning. It was magical. The views of Lake Paulina are breathtaking. The hiking is wonderful. We plan on going up during the winter. We really enjoyed Paulina Lake Lodge.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KAREN S
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I've stayed in cabins before. I'm used to tent camping and trailer camping and hiking and bugs. This place is surely over-priced. We paid $109/night for a mid-row cabin about the same size as a medium sized trailer. The "bathroom" was more like a water closet, without an actual door. There was barely room to turn around, although there was a shower. We were supposed to get new towels, etc after 3 days, which never happened. We were given 4 towels for 2 people, so that wasn't a problem, but we ran out of washrags and dish towels before the end of our stay. The sheets were questionably clean, as were most of the other linens. I'm not sure they understand the concept of bleach and leave it at that. The floor was very dirty, which I can understand with the "rustic" and all that, but I should be able to walk around in socks and not get my feet completely brown. I'm not sure the floors were ever vacuumed. In addition, the "lodge" isn't open for breakfast in the morning and closes at the very early hour of 7pm on the days it's open. The lake is beautiful, though. And the hiking is really great. There are a number of campgrounds nearby, and East Lake also has camping.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sbrundage1
Reviewed 21 July 2009

My family gathered at the Paulina Lake Resort for my grandmother's 80th birthday. There were 26 of us. The individual who now owns the resort likes to hang out around the guests drinking, smoking and using excessive profanity. Our first night, while we were having a family barbeque, the owner was nearby playing horseshoes. Despite the fact that there were numerous children under the age of ten, he used excessive profanity and seemed oblivious to his own vulgarity. The next day, as my uncle (a retired Marine officer) was leaving the marina with a boat that he had rented for the day, the owner referred to him derogatorily and using profanity because he was operating the rental boat in the weeds. Never mind the fact that the Marina is entirely choked with aquatic weeds. The owner threatened that he was going to take the boat back. Later that evening when we were lighting a family campfire the owner yelled down from the balcony of the bar (where he was actively drinking) that “if that fire get’s too big, I’m gonna come down there and put it out!” In all my years of travel I’ve never had the owner of a resort yell threats at me and my family before. The man who is currently running the Paulina Lake Resort has NO concept of customer service or hospitality. When confronted he responds with open hostility. If you are looking for a pleasant atmosphere, DO NOT STAY AT THE PAULINA LAKE RESORT!!! If you are going to stay in the area, try the neighboring East Lake Resort (five miles away). After leaving Paulina Lake, my wife and I spent one fantastic night here. They are polite, the facilities well kept and clean, the food is outstanding, and the fishing is great. ALSO, the water at Paulina Lake has a sulfur taste to it while the water at East Lake tastes great.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
#4 of 44 in Bend
Cascade Lodge
Cascade Lodge
#18 of 44 in Bend

Been to Paulina Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!