“Made us Believers!”
Review of East Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Pine
East Lake Resort
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My wife and I wanted to get away from the city (Portland) for a weekend and, since we love the Bend area, chose to stay at East Lake Resort. What strikes you first at East Lake is the comfortable, family atmosphere embedded in the gorgeous lake-side community. Everything from the picnic tables on the grassy nook to the friendly general store staff makes you feel like this is your 30th visit to the resort.

We camped at the camp sites and loved how secluded you feel despite the neighbors scattered about. You're tucked inside the forest and you just can't beat it. The food at the restaurant was top-notch. I recommend the Hiker's scramble to start off a day of fishing, hiking, or just reading all day in a hammock. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Can't beat the camping
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jerick123

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed here last summer with my parents and my wife. The area is breathtakingly beautiful. The fishing is good (if you can get dialed into it). The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The cabins are "cozy" and a little "rustic" but very clean. My wife and I stayed at the East Lake Resort campground the summer before after having a TERRIBLE experience at the neighboring Lake Palina Resort. After staying in the East Lake Resort's campground in 2009 and cabins in 2010, I would strongly recommend this resort to anyone looking to enjoy the Cascade lakes of central Oregon at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2010
5  Thank radon77
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Was surprised at how well run the resort was. Lots of people but very orderly. No noise at night. We could look at the lake (through a few pines) 50 feet away. No TVs or phones. No newspapers. Accommodations are very basic...from at least the 1950's.. Everything worked however. Shower was tiny. Saggy looking beds did not give either of us the usual backache. A small problem with the porch steps. Walked a little downhill inside the cabin. Screen door needed repair. Area is interesting geologically. Fishing is limited. We ate over at the restaurant at nearby Paulina lake that had a good lake view and unpredictable hours. For someone living in the desert and craving an on-the-lakeview-cabin for a reasonable price in July, the place was just what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank stumpyandsassy

Been to East Lake Resort? Share your experiences!