“Dishonest” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in La Pine
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Dishonest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife made reservations and got a confirmation number. $89.00. When we checked in our rate had changed. When we complained they took the key away and gave us a new key for another room. They then told us the "new" room would be $89.00. I asked what the difference was in the 2 rooms. She said "the carpet". I asked to see both rooms. The $89.00 room had bad carpet, and a filthy mattress. The $99..00 room was not much better. Understand there is limited motel space in this area. However, this business will cheat you and is filthy.

Our friends booked way in advance and got into the Best Western, here in La Pine. It is extremely nice and run by very nice folks. And, about the same price as the Timbercrest.

The town folks are all great and the food here is wonderful.

BUT, PLEASE AVOID THE TIMBERCREST!

I know the Timbercrest owners don't care about this type of review, as there are few rooms in this town. A shame as it appears to be a great little town.

Room Tip: Aviod this motel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PTInstructor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Desk clerk rude. We were charged $10 more than quoted over the phone when I made the reservation. She would not budge off the higher rate. Air conditioner sufficient but had no knob for temperature control. There were two of the tiniest bars of soap I have ever seen in the bathroom and one small packet of shampoo. Only half a roll of tissue paper and a near empty box of tissues. No pool. No in room coffee. Breakfast was coffee and a muffin in the lobby. Their rate is the same as a very nice Best Western down the street.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank 11bmwgs
Rocklin, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Expensive place when the town was sold out. We stayed there on a road trip due to all other hotels were booked solid. If you have a choice, keep going.
Room is old and a refrigerator was just left unplugged and sitting in the bathroom area. Air-conditioner was broken and we had to take the face plate off to get some air. Bathroom fan sounded like a plane landing.
Breakfast is a joke. Muffins cut into quarters and coffee. I walked to the gas station next door for real coffee and something to eat.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank newpeggyd
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had been driving all day and it was 8 pm so we stopped at this motel thinking by the site of it it would be around $75.00. I was tired and neglected to ask the price and just charged it. The carpet was very badly stained, the bathroom floor had black stains on it like water had leaked on it and stained it, the shower had black stuff on it in the corners, there was only 1/4 roll of toilet paper, there was no coffee maker, no alarm clock, no hair dryer. It wasn't until we had our pj's on that I checked my receipt that I discovered that I had been charged $129.12!! I asked the manager the next morning about the charges and he said that the room was $99.00 plus tax...seems like robbery to charge taxes of $30.12. While in the office I checked out the continental breakfast and all there was there was coffee and mini muffins cut in half. This owner should absolutely be ashamed of herself for charging such exorbitant charges for such a shamble of a place. We have a ocean view, one bedroom, full kitchen, condo on the Oregon coast and because some of the title showers are cracked and need replacing in the shower we only charge $65.00 a night and the rest is in far better shape than the studio room #9 that we stayed in at the Timbecrest Inn in LaPine, Oregon. I wish we would have taken a picture.

Room Tip: I'm sorry I really don't think there can be any good rooms in this place. We asked for a no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Klamath Falls, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This property looked OK pulling up. When the front desk area was about as boring as it could be and I was quoted almost $80 for a room on a nothing special Thursday night, i should have left. But I will try anything once. I have been pleasantly surprised before.

The clerk gave me a real key. OK, Along the front of the rooms is some ripped up outdoor carpeting. OK. I opened the door to take a look at a sea of bad, dark outdated furnishings. Dim lights. It was 47 degrees outside and the heat in the room was off, so the room was really cold. The room seemed clean, except the carpet was wrinkled and old. The microwave and fridge were unplugged. There was (WAS) a stove in this room, the range hood was still in, but the stove had been replaced with too many cabinets for a hotel room without a kitchen. Everything said "pinching pennies".

We turned the heat on and went down the street for dinner. Came back, the bed had cheap thin pillows and linens. Really cheap. The road noise drones on all night.

This hotel is dog friendly with $10 a night charge. There is room for oversized parking. A mini-mart and a couple places to eat are within walking distance. Although the sign said their was breakfast, at 7:30 there was nothing in the lobby.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Darlene H
Malin, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've stayed here several times when visiting friends. I usually travel with my dogs, so that is a requirement that pets are allowed, and they do allow pets. I've usually stayed in the same room, #10, as it is a pet room. I was told they limit the rooms they rent to pet owners so that if other travelers have allergies it is not an issue, so that's why I presume I usually end up with room 10. That is fine with me as it is on the ground floor and close to the walking area. (Note, there are nicer hotels near there, but they don't allow pets and are much more expensive.)

This place is older and in need of updating. But every time I have been there, the room is clean and spacious. There is a table with fold out leaves that makes a nice work area. The internet has always worked fine for me. There is a kitchen area with a microwave oven, a fridge, counter space, and overhead cabinets so if you stay a while there is plenty of room.
The bathroom has a shallow tub with a shower. Sometimes the hot water runs warm, so if you want a very long hot shower, it might not happen, but it is fine for cleaning up.
The air conditioner has always worked to heat or cool the room to be comfortable.

There is a vacant lot near the rear of the hotel that is a good place to walk your dog(s).
There is a restaurant right next door, an easy walk from your room. There is a convenience store and gas station also very close by, within walking distance. Just south of the property there is a Dairy Queen and Gordy's truck stop. The restaurant at Gordy's is also good. There is a ton of room behind Gordy's to walk your dogs and yourself if you want.

Overall, for the price, this is an OK place to stay. The bed is fine, and my pets are welcome. However, I do think it is a bit high priced for what you get. I usually am charged around $85 for what I could call a $65 room. This is a basic hotel, not a luxury resort. The front desk staff have always been nice to me, but I did have one phone call with a man that seemed like he did not care about much of anything. I read the other reviews, and while I agree it is not the Hilton, it has been consistently clean and my dogs are welcome.
I have learned while traveling, to ANY hotel, to ALWAYS check the room to make sure things work, and the bedding for cleanliness, before settling in, or else you may have to pay for the room.

There is coffee and muffins in the lobby in the morning. I like good strong coffee, so I like to bring my own. The lady at the front desk has always been nice to me..

Noise --- There IS road noise! If you are a light sleeper, this is not the place for you. The last time I stayed, I noticed a train going by as well. The train tracks are on the other side of the highway, and you can definitely hear it. When other travelers come and go from their cars, you can hear conversations as they walk by your door and car doors opening and closing. All rooms face the highway, so I doubt they can stop the noise unless they renovate. When the noise disturbed me, I use my iPod.

Amenities -- they provide soap and a packet of shampoo, but no hair dryer. Towels are only enough for the number of person checked in, so if you need an extra towel you will have to ask or bring it.

Since I travel with my dogs, I have to make allowances, so that is why I don't mind issues that others have. My dogs know this place now, and the rooms, and they settle in nicely, which helps me settle in. So, this place works for me. I think I've stayed there at lest 5 times over the last 2 years.

Room Tip: --If you like coffee, you should bring your own. --Plug in the fridge when you get to your room...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank H W
Northern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Although this is definitely on the low end of lodging choices I have to give compliments to the nice man we made our reservation with and the lovely lady who checked us in/out. She graciously turned the heat on before we arrived so the room was nice and toasty. She offered us coffee on arrival and made sure we knew there were pastries for breakfast the next morning. We chose this property as they welcome pets. Our dog enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side do not have anyone above
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 4 in Sunriver
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,933 reviews
Bend-Sunriver RV Campground
DiamondStone Guest Lodges

Been to Timbercrest Inn? Share your experiences!