“Great for breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 August 2012

One of our favorites...esp. for huge, breakfasts. They have large menu, and great options for seniors. A favorite of locals, truckers and those traveling N/S on HWY 97 thru Central Oregon

2  Thank connie B

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Gordy's has an excellent and well portioned breakfast. Lunch and dinner are okay, but just average.

1  Thank LoveToTravel9319
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Gordy’s was a wonderful place to eat! The food was tasty and plentiful, and the service was superior. I heartily recommend this eatery!
I ordered from the “Senior Menu,” and had the Fried Shrimp Dinner plus a strawberry lemonade. Yummy! Everything was so good and tasty that I gobbled it all down in minutes.
I paid only $10 for my meal (without dessert, but I was already stuffed). Wow! What a wonderful place to stop and eat! This Best Western Hotel is located two miles south of La Pine, Oregon. I stayed there only one night after visiting famous Crater Lake.
The Reception staff (two people) was friendly and helpful. I checked into my room with any hassle. There are no porters here, so guests have to carry in their own luggage, which was no big deal.
My room was an average Best Western room: queen-size bed, end table and lamps, an old-fashioned (NOT flat screen) TV with multiple cable channels, a small writing desk and chair, plus a regular-size sofa.
The bathroom had the usual commode and bathtub with a shower. A tiny separate room had a sink with a coffee maker and mini-fridge.
The establishment has a tiny hot tub plus a small swimming pool.
I spent a very quiet night at this Best Western property, mainly because it is located out of town and not too close to the highway.
A good continental breakfast was included in the room price.

1  Thank Cyclopath43
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This place is at the north end of town, and is a real gem of a place. I had T-bone steak for breakfast, with home fries and 3 eggs over easy. Yum! It was the most tender T-bone steak I've ever had, and it was at least 12 oz. It's a large place, and the help is excellent. I like it when you don't have to ask for anything, yet they don't bother you to death. I was here visiting my daughter for 4 days, who live in the area. It's 190 miles away for me, but I wish it was closer. I'd have breakfast here every day. The price was reasonable, also. I haven't had anything but breakfast here yet, so I'll try their lunch some day. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 13 June 2012

For a truck stop, this place has great food and huge portions! The prices are good for the amount of food you get! The atmosphere is cold, but its a truck stop! Lots and lots of seating! Hard to find a place to sit on Sundays as its a hot spot for the locals!