“Your childhood Chinese restaurant”

Lee's Hunan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in La Pine
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a small town hole in the wall purveying old style Chinese cuisine. I am used to many more upscale, more narrowly focussed kitchens that reflect the fact that my home town has a hundred Asian options. Some Fish only, some Vegan, some micro divisions of a sprawling country, and others Thai, Cambodian, Korean, and the inevitable Fusion, one Kosher. This is none of those. It reminds me of my first experiences. It is fresh, focussed on mainstream items with enough exotica to be interesting. It is very good.

The portions are huge. The staff mostly family. We love it.

There are newer reviews for Lee's Hunan Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Their egg rolls are more like spring rolls and very, very good. The plum sauce is a nice complement. The mushu pork was more than the two of us could eat but we struggled through as it was that good. The pancakes were only good, and the wine selection poor. Still, the food and service were so nice it has earned its high rating in TA.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have been going to Hunan for a number of years and I am pleased to say that the quality and service of this restaurant has improved greatly, especially in the last year. There was a time when we stopped visiting for about 2 years, when we returned last summer we were very happy to see new menus (same items but presented with photos). My favorite is the cashew chicken but everything we've had has been wonderful so far. I read the only review of this by an unhappy customer and I can relate, I have been to quite a few places I would never return to, I would ask that you give them another chance.
We always get our money's worth and go home with a take-out container. Their sweet and sour pork/chicken is great, it's difficult to choose what I want because it all looks so good!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent service and great food for the price. The lunch menu is great with a lot of choices. Hard to find since it is off of the highway a little.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Working in town finally got to go check out this restaurant. Walked in got waited on right away with a smile a and friendly service. Ordered my meal and noticed the food going by was in large quantities and smelled great. Seemed like I just got sat down and my meal arrived. I could see before I even started to eat I would need a to go box. After eating as much as I could I did indeed need that to go box. The food was great best I've had in a long time. The waitress with the nice smile came by many times to see if everything was ok. To sum it up if ur hungry for Chinese food don't miss the chance to eat there. I know I will again.