Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Hotels.com
US$143
US$136
Priceline
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego(Lake Oswego)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$82
Orbitz.com
US$87
Hotels.com
All reviewswafflesbreakfast roomfront desk staffup to datebed was comfortablewould stay here againa great staybusiness trippool and hot tuboswego grillbreakfast was excellentcomplimentary breakfastlds templeabove averageconvenient locationexercise roomportland
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed for business for five nights, and found the hotel to be very good overall.

The room was modern and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were very clean and up to date. Towels were a little thin. My room had a king size bed, a refrigerator, iron/ironing board, coffee maker and hair dryer. No microwave or safe.

The hotel decor was very modern and they had a nice little store with drinks, snacks and toiletry items - well stocked. There is a pool with a hot tub and a very small gym.

The continental breakfast was pretty decent - bagels, muffins, breads, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice, waffles, bacon, turkey sausage, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, and cut fruit.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The cons were that the hotel was full of children attending a swim meet, I heard of complaints that the youth were noisy, myself I never heard any noise from the youth. The chaperones and coaches though were another matter, they would be continually walking around and yelling at the youth. The hoard of youth did drain the breakfast one morning, but it gave me the opportunity to eat out. On the third day of my stay, I came back in the early afternoon and my room had not been made up. No problem I can make my own bed. Unfortunately, the next day my room was not made up either. I complained to the night front desk person but never heard anything back from the hotel management. I do understand that they were very full and possibly did not have enough staff.

It was a great stay and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floor, back side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Patrick M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego!

Sorry for the late response! My name is Patrick and I’m actually the new Operations Manager at the property and I’m getting caught up on all our reviews!

As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Patrick McQueary
Operations Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Oswego
patrick.mcqueary@marriott.com
(503)670-7557

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hi,

We stayed at Fairfield South/Lake Oswago last weekend (Jan 3-Jan 4). We were so disapointed and were not happy at all. THe hotel IS NOT SAFE at all. We parked our car at the back side of the hotel and car window got smashed and we lost our electronic stuffs. The front desk called us at 5am on Saturday Jan 4 to tell us that someone stole our stuffs. We will not come back to this hotel forever and will let my frined know not to come to this hotel. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF U WANT TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL. U WILL GET SAME EXPERIENCES AS MINE. I wish FAIRFIELD can do something with my experience. They seemed do NOT CARE after THIS HAPPENED :(.

disapointed client

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mei l
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Hotel very nice, room clean and housekeeping very thorough. Elevator slow, room walls a bit thin, luckily the guests next to my room were a quiet bunch. Loved the coin laundry availability. However morning breakfast hot foods seriously lacking in taste. Eggs substitute runny and tastelessl, bacon and sausage patties undercooked. It was a challenge getting the room temp just right. Hotel staff I encountered very friendly and helpful. Location the best near work office and many places to eat nearby. Will definitely plan to stay there in the future. Priced right.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife, son & I wanted a quick getaway to Portland without spending much money. I chose this location & it was exactly as I expected. Not extravagant, but it had everything we needed. Clean, quiet, and a free breakfast. We visited the pool area, which was also well maintained.

If you need a decent room you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed for business just down the road - a very convenient location! The room was modern and clean. The bathroom/shower were very clean and up to date - great shower head! Towels were a little thin, but to be expected. Bed was a little harder than I'm used to, but clean - extra blankets were in the closet.

My room with a king size bed had a refrigerator, iron/ironing board, coffee maker and hair dryer. No microwave or safe - but I didn't need it.

The continental breakfast was pretty decent - bagels, muffins, breads, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice, waffles (DIY), bacon, turkey sausage, hard boiled eggs, cut fruit. The scrambled eggs were so-so, but edible.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great stay and I would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: There is an Applebee's across the street and a Starbuck's within a couple of blocks.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business