Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Phoenix Inn Suites(Lake Oswego)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesbreakfast roomfront desk staffup to datebed was comfortablewould stay here againa great staybusiness trippool and hot tuboswego grillbreakfast was excellentcomplimentary breakfastlds templeabove averageconvenient locationexercise roomportland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is our 2nd time at this Marriott and its great if you want to doing shopping! Its central to Downtown, Woodburn Outlet Store, Washington Square Market, Costco, Trader Joe. The hotel is nice and clean. Service from the staff is great. They now serve hot breakfast which is was better then their microwave breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kooskorner
Patrick M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego!

Sorry for the late response! My name is Patrick and I’m actually the new Operations Manager at the property and I’m getting caught up on all our reviews!

As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Patrick McQueary
Operations Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Oswego
patrick.mcqueary@marriott.com
(503)670-7557

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is an update of my early review of this property in September 2012, based upon our stay in January 2014. The hotel has had a major renovation and redecorating since our pervious stay. The lobby, breakfast room, and guest rooms have all been updated within the past year, with new décor and furniture. Very nice!

The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. The king bed was comfortable. The room was clean, comfortable and very quiet. The high speed Wi-Fi worked well in the room. The climate control for the room worked reasonable well, and was quiet. The breakfast room was large and very pleasant with many windows. The food selection with the free breakfast buffet has been updated since our stay in 2012. More hot items have been added. It now similar to what is available at many Residence Inns.

It is a great location near the junction of I-5 and OR Hwy 217, yet it is well back from the freeway so there is no highway noise (about 5 minutes from freeway access). It is about 10 miles south of downtown Portland, a 15 to 20 minute drive on I-5. Also, a good location to go to major shopping areas to the south and west of Portland including Washington Square, Bridgeport Village, and Woodburn Company Stores (outlet mall). There are several good restaurants when walking distance of the hotel. It continues to be a very good value with very good rates compared to other hotels in the area, and particularly those in downtown Portland.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JJLJOregon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My fiance and I have stayed here several times while in the Portland area and there is a reason we keep coming back: great price, excellent service, clean and comfortable rooms and perfect location. I'm really surprised to read a few bad reviews here as we are SUPER PICKY and have had no issues whatsever. The staff was super friendly and helpful everytime we've stayed, even when we had to change rooms due to the cable going out in ours. The rooms are pretty large and the amenities are pretty great for a more "budget" property. It looks like the whole hotel was recently renovated, with the lobby resembling a Courtyard more than a Fairfield.

My only suggestion would be that the breakfast serving area is a little cramped, especially on a weekend morning with alot of people all trying to get to the waffles and toaster at the same time, but if that's the only complaint....they're doing it right!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cherylcyn
Heather C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello Cherylcyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We truly appreciate your kind words about our hotel.

I wanted to let you know that we have rearranged our Breakfast Serving Area since you were last here. We think the flow is a little better and there is much less crowding now.

Thank you again for your feedback!

We will see you next time.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed for two nights during our Portland family trip in mid April. Check-in was smooth. Staff was welcoming. Our room was on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall way. The room (1 King bed) is big enough for three of us, 2 adults and 1 boy. Clean and nice deco. Bathroom was also clean. The water stopper in a bathtub wasn't working so our son was a bit sad that he couldn't take a bath. We didn't report the issue till we were checking out just because we forgot. So, I couldn't comment on their maintenance services. Another issue we had was the air conditioning in our room was so loud that I woke up a couple times during the night. I figured out the next night to have it on Fan (not Cool) to make it quiet. So, staying in this particular room in the summer might be a bit challenging.

Breakfast was sufficient with a variety of options + a few hot items. I would say a breakfast bar was quite small and could be hard to get food when crowded. Also filling up food was a bit slow.

My son LOVED the swimming pool. We used it mornings and evenings during our stay.

Convenient location close to the I-5, but we didn't hear any highway traffic. Also close to a few dining options.

Overall, pleasant experience within our budget, and if we are looking for a hotel in Portland area, we'll definitely consider this Fairfield Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SuperTul
Heather C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear SuperTul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I have already informed Maintenance about the Air Conditioner in your room. We appreciate you telling us. We do not sleep in the rooms, so we only know certian things when our guests tell us.

I am happy to hear you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and I do appreciate all of your honest feedback & criticism.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Portland.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I've always been well treated at this hotel where I stay when visiting my daughter who lives nearby and I have never had any of the negative experiences mentioned by others in some of these reviews. To the contrary, the staff has always been friendly and helpful and I've found the breakfast to be outstanding with very good coffee and wide selection of foods to eat.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JovialSeattle_WA

Dear JovialSeattle_WA,

Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave your feedback! We truly appreciate it. I am so happy to hear that your experiences at our hotel have been positive. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town to visit your daughter.

Thank you again.