“Good choice for Lake Oswego”

Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Redmond, Washington
“Good choice for Lake Oswego”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego as my oldest daughter had a lacrosse tournament, and the team had a block of rooms reserved. All in all a good stay with a good location in close proximity to the freeway.

We checked in on a Friday evening having driven down from Seattle. The hotel was busy with people already checked in, parking lot almost full, but the check in process went smoothly. The original plan was only from my daughter and I to go to the tournament, but plans changed and my wife and youngest daughter came as well. This created a bit of an issue – I originally booked a king bed, but two queen beds would have been better. There were no double queen rooms available so we made do with the king. We ended up extending our stay an additional night and we were able to get a double queen room which was perfect for us.

The hotel is a typical Holiday Inn Express (which is a good thing) – rooms are comfortable and updated. The lobby is a bit small and with so many people at the hotel, became a bit chaotic at times. Eating area as a decent size, and the free breakfast is quite good with both hot and cold items. Great way to start the day especially before a full day of games.

The swimming pool got a lot of use as the girls gathered there after their games. 30 girls in a swimming pool = ear drum shattering noise, but they had a great time. There is a little patio off the pool where some parents hung out, we went over to the Chevron station right by the hotel and bought some ice and beer and set up a little party for the adults. Made waiting for the kids that much more enjoyable.

We’ll be heading down to this tournament again next year, and we look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed there 2 nights, requested a quiet room. Quiet is a relative term with this property as your choices are facing Interstate 5 or facing railroad tracks. When I arrived in my room, there was used soap in the shower and nail clippings on the floor by my bed. I called the front desk, and he apologized. I ended up taking care of the nail clippings and soap. The sheets were pilling badly and honestly, I would have expected better quality in the mattress, pillows, and linens. The positives were that the room was nicely furnished, big flat screen TV with a good selection of cable channels, and the breakfast was delicious, with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and waffles. Still, I probably would not stay here again as my sleep quality is very important to me.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear LostLand,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. We are delighted to read you like he layout and furnishings of the room. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. We are deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations particularly with housekeeping. We have noted you valuable comments and we will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Zelyn N
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had a room with 2 queens plus a king in another room..perfect for 5 adults with 1 bathroom though! It worked. We could hear the trains running at night..don't see any tracks nearby so maybe from being located in a valley that the sound carries??? Idk.

The rooms are clean, nice bedding and comfortable enough bed, near time to change the one we were on as it was getting a little saggy and soft, pillows great-I like that Holiday Inn gives you a firm and a soft pillow on the bed to choose from. That's a 5 in my books.

Best part, we got in late Fri after a busy day and Steve was there with offers of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies ready in 5 mins. Such a great way to end a spectacular day!

Room Tip: I don't know what they call this room where we had 2 doubles/queen and an adjoining king with 1...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had some problems finding the hotel. There are apparently some like named roads in the area, but when we called the hotel, they were able to set us on course. The manager was very pleasant and offer us all bottled water during check-in. No onsite restaurant for dinner, but there was a pub across the parking lot, which looked to have some decent beers on tap. Alas it was a bit late and we wanted to get an early start, so I did not check that out. The room was reasonable in size and clean. There was only one bathroom, for the 4 beds, but we were able to make due and still get an early start for the day. We did take advantage of the free continental breakfast, which was alright, but a bit crowded, due to the hotel being fully booked. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TikiGoon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear TikiGoon,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Connie D
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night on the way back from wine country with a PCR reward night. The hotel is situated next to a burgerville, gas station and local bar/diner right off I5. The hotel has an updated decor outside and inn. We had a smaller 1 queen bed room, but the furnishings were on par with most Crowne Plazas I've stayed in. High quality materials with dark colors and a very comfortable bed. First time on a queen, and I feel like it was more comfortable than most IHG kings. Large fridge and microwave in room. True HD with real direct tv, very nice!!! We slept in too late to try breakfast but next door made a great bacon egg and cheese on a bagel. Would stay again!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2013

In Lake Oswego on business....My wife was along....Four nights....NO HOT WATER in the SHOWER each morning!!!!! How can this place stay in business....? My wife had to take a COLD shower each morning! They wouldn't move us or fix the problem! What a joke!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank a jeffrey z
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear a jeffrey z,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because there was no hot water. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Manager Steve was extremely helpful. Chocolate chip cookies were a nice treat after a long day of travelling. Very convenient and excellent breakfast. Parking lot fills up fast. Would recommend to other travelers.

• Stayed June 2013
Phoenix Inn Suites
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!