My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Lake Oswego as my oldest daughter had a lacrosse tournament, and the team had a block of rooms reserved. All in all a good stay with a good location in close proximity to the freeway.
We checked in on a Friday evening having driven down from Seattle. The hotel was busy with people already checked in, parking lot almost full, but the check in process went smoothly. The original plan was only from my daughter and I to go to the tournament, but plans changed and my wife and youngest daughter came as well. This created a bit of an issue – I originally booked a king bed, but two queen beds would have been better. There were no double queen rooms available so we made do with the king. We ended up extending our stay an additional night and we were able to get a double queen room which was perfect for us.
The hotel is a typical Holiday Inn Express (which is a good thing) – rooms are comfortable and updated. The lobby is a bit small and with so many people at the hotel, became a bit chaotic at times. Eating area as a decent size, and the free breakfast is quite good with both hot and cold items. Great way to start the day especially before a full day of games.
The swimming pool got a lot of use as the girls gathered there after their games. 30 girls in a swimming pool = ear drum shattering noise, but they had a great time. There is a little patio off the pool where some parents hung out, we went over to the Chevron station right by the hotel and bought some ice and beer and set up a little party for the adults. Made waiting for the kids that much more enjoyable.
We’ll be heading down to this tournament again next year, and we look forward to staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Lake Oswego, Oregon Comfort is our first priority at the new Holiday Inn Express hotel in Lake Oswego, Oregon. We are conveniently situated near several Oregon attractions and corporate locations, making our hotel the perfect place for leisure and business travelers to stay. The Pacific Northwest boasts some of the most spectacular scenery in the country, and our Lake Oswego, Oregon hotel is perfectly placed to give you the best access to Oregon's picturesque countryside and numerous Oregon attractions. Several vineyards are located within a five mile radius of our choice Lake Oswego hotel, and the city of Portland is just a short, nine miles away. Washington Park, Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center, the OMSI Center, Bridgeport Village, Pittock Mansion and Portland are also located nearby. For the business traveler, we offer premier business amenities, and unlike other Lake Oswego, Oregon hotels, we are proud to offer free high-speed, wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. For your convenience, we are located near Lewis and Clark College, Marylhurst University, Safeco and Honeywell Corporation. We hope that all of our guests find the time to relax by taking a dip in the swimming pool or enjoying the complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations today, so you can get our great Lake Oswego hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego Hotel Lake Oswego
- Holiday Inn Portland South
- Lake Oswego Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Lake Oswego