Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
US$150
US$163
US$155
Priceline
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego(Lake Oswego)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$78
US$82
US$92
US$87
All reviewsgas stationburger placeroom was cleanwould stay here againthe breakfast areanice staytwo queen bedsindoor poolfitness centereasy accessbusiness centerconvenient locationwashington square mallhiefreewayportlandihg
Reviewed 25 September 2010

This hotel is great and I would recommend it to anyone in the area or close by. You wont regret the short drive out of your way to stay here. The staff is top notch and the rooms are very nice. The hotel does boast a salt water pool. You will just melt into the amazing bed. I must say this was one of my favorite hotels in the 7 months I was on the road this year. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2010

If you're looking for a reasonably priced, clean hotel on the I-5 corridor that's close to Bridgeport Village and the Woodburn Outlet stores, this is a good choice.

We obtained our reservation through Travelocity's 'mystery' hotel deal. After looking at the offerings and comparing them to reviews, it was likely that this hotel would be the one we received, so we gambled and came up with two nights lodging for $70 a night - $140 was the rate listed on Travelocity that same day. Very happy with that deal for a 2 queen bed room for three people!

We arrived around 7pm and were warmly greeted by the front desk staff. A person in the line ahead of me did not have a reservation and paid $149 per night for 1 person. Again, I was thrilled with the deal we'd gotten! A quick check-in included cold bottles of Dasani water for each of us - available at any time throughout your stay at the front desk. Carts for luggage were available next to the front entrance and the business center with two desktop computers and a printer was next to the front door. We later used the Business Center to locate nearby eateries and menus. All worked flawlessly and we never had a problem getting in to use it.

Our room was located on the 3rd floor - there are 4 floors at this property. Finding the room was fairly easy (good signs), but the layout of the hotel is a bit 'maze-like'. You can get lost if you're not paying attention. There is one small elevator for the property, so check-out time (noon) and an hour or so prior, can be a tough time to get the elevator - take the stairs, it's much faster.

The room itself was clean and pleasant. It's got a contemporary look to it with a 32" flat screen, cordless phone, microwave, small fridge and loveseat, along with the 2 queen beds, but upon closer inspection the sheets had holes and/or tears in them. Time to get some new linens for this place!

Besides the linens, there were a few other 'not perfect' things we noted. The whole property could stand a bit better ventilation. It's VERY humid, despite outside the hotel not being so. I found this odd. Our room, the fitness center, the hallway, the dining room... all 'damp' feeling. Other things like attempting to find an outlet for a laptop... were kind of funny. We finally discovered a few ON the base of the lamps. Not on the walls as expected. I guess that's just a matter of looking, as was the hunt for trash cans in the room. Just odd placement for these things, but they were there.

One problem we had was a broken coffee pot, discovered on the first morning of our stay. We called the front desk and they went to work on it. Later in the day when we returned from shopping, the coffee pot was still full of coffee/water and still broken. We took it down to the front desk on our way to dinner and asked for a replacement.. When we returned two hours later we did have a working replacement for the coffee pot and could enjoy coffee in our room the next morning.

I worked out one morning in the Fitness Center. It has two treadmills, one elliptical, and one recumbent bike, and a weight machine. A scale (like you find at your doctor's office) and towels were available too. Two 32" TV's were facing the treadmills, with a wall of mirrors behind them. The room was small, with a window for ventilation. Open 5am to 10pm, it was better than average for most of the hotel-fitness rooms I've used in the past, but again, humid. Add a few sweaty folks and it was almost stifling!

Parking for this property is ample, but tight. I wouldn't want to try and shoehorn an RV or large truck here. Two of the spots are so tight that if you had a car in both, neither could leave once they pulled in. I was SO glad I'd avoided that problem. Note: the far corner of the building is where these are located.

The best parts about staying here were the pool (located in the lowest level), the comfortable beds and quiet room (despite being 'full' we heard nothing at night), and the wonderfully complete and tasty breakfast buffet.

The breakfast offerings changed a bit each day (hot items), but these are the basics we had access to while we were there for your 2 day stay. Juice, coffee, tea, milk, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, muffins, rolls, toast and pancakes - made two at a time by a machine that spits them out fresh in 45 seconds! All was fresh and tasty, and the entire dining room was kept clean by a fast moving guy who kept re-stocking the buffet. BEST free breakfast at a motel I've ever tasted!

The great price through Travelocity, free wireless internet was fast, the breakfast outstanding, the room quiet, the beds comfortable, location perfect for all our shopping plans at Bridgeport Village and Woodburn. Overall, a very good choice for anyone traveling to the Portland area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Tartallini
Reviewed 15 August 2010

When on a road trip my husband and I often stay at Holiday Inn Express because, although somewhat bland, they are typically clean, well located, and have good breakfasts. Much to our surprise, our stay at the Holiday inn express in Lake Osego this weekend was just the opposite. The litter and cigarette butts in the parking lot outside the lobby door should have been a tipoff. The hotel was old, drab, dark, with small rooms and, much to our dismay, a stopped up toilet. We reported the problem immediately after arrival and were assured it would be fixed. Upon our return late that evening it was still inoperable. Wanting to go to bed rather than wait up for maintenance, we decided to use the public toilet across the hall, but found that it, too, was stopped up. Before leaving the next morning we reported the problem again only to be told that “maintenance does not work on weekends”. Then why were we told the day before that it would be fixed?!? The final straw was that the expected good breakfast was there, but the tub of scrambled eggs was empty (at 7 am) and never refilled. In fact no one even came to check on them until we reported the problem to the desk. Avoid this place!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EWLTexas
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We booked this one blindly through an online special & were making a leap of faith about what we were getting into. We figured for one night, we'd survive.

We were really surprised when we arrived on site, nice large, clean room, friendly staff, decent enough pool. For the money we paid for it (weve paid more for a super 8 elsewhere than what we paid to stay here on a Saturday night with one day's notice on the booking even) we thought it was a tremendous deal!

The continental was even a pleasant surprise.

Will be back... if we ever get back this way

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I found this property very nice and worth the discounted price I paid thru a discount internet search site. Alowed me an early check-in as soon as a room was available at around 9am. I explained that I had flown all night from Alaska. Quaility furnishings, wonderful bed, flat screen TV and very clean. Great breakfast in morning with eggs, biscuits and gravy and bacon, pancakes as well as the normal cold fare. Very nice staff. Good Job !!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business