All reviews view of the lake farmers market restaurants and shops small kitchenette walking distance small continental breakfast heated pool movie theater parking is tight one bedroom suite french bakery mini kitchen whole foods an older property parking lot is air conditioner visit family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our corgi for one night for a friend's wedding. The wedding was located at The Foundry, so we were able to walk to it which was nice.

This motel was nice. Our room was clean and had a view of the docks and the lake and a nice size porch with two chairs. It is not a fancy hotel by any means, but it was clean and spacious enough. The bathroom was very small, but there were other areas with mirrors and lights to be able to get ready in front of. There was hot water, but very little water pressure. The towels here were super soft - softer than mine at home! I have no idea how they achieve this, but it was a nice bonus.

We had let them know that our dog would be joining us for our stay. They left a basket for her with dog treats, bowls, and a seperate set of linens labeled dog. It was very nice and she was comfortable on the foot of the bed without making a mess.

The hotel provides a small continental breakfast for free in the morning (pastries, coffee, creamer, oatmeal, fruit). The staff was very nice and informative. The parking lot was a little tight for larger vehicles.

Overall, we would stay here again, especially for how affordable it was.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. It is right on the lake with wonderful views when the sun sets. We walked to a grocery store, brewery, nightclub, shopping and a trail right on the side of the lake. The building is older but inside the rooms were great. We had a one bedroom with sliding door out onto a deck overlooking the lake. Highly recommend room #35. The staff was always available and very helpful. Coffee was good and the lobby had a computer with printer for printing boarding passes. Parking is very tight but we always had a spot. Larger vehicles will struggle later in the day when lot is filling.

Room tip: Rooms facing the lake!
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here three nights October 2013. The staff was warm, the communication good, the bed comfy, the room very clean. I recommend it highly. Extraordinary value for the price. Great location...near to restaurants, shops, and runner-friendly neighborhoods.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a lake view
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Gorgeous view of the lake. The amenities were great, lots of kitchen items in the cupboard. The bathroom was a bit small and only a small shelf above the toilet to put makeup on, but the towels were the softest I have ever had the pleasure of using in a hotel and I liked having shampoo, conditioner and soap in dispensing containers right in the shower.

The parking lot was tiny, but I appreciated being next to a lot of shops and restaurants. The worst thing I can find to say was that the walls were thin...I'd go for the top floor if I stayed there again as every time someone in the room above us would cross the floor, I would hear their footsteps. Overall a nice experience.

Room tip: Pick the top floor if you're a light sleeper
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here in late September, so the summer crowd had gone. i could see where this would be a great place for families in the summertime. As we were on a business trip, this space was not as comfortable or luxurious as i would have preferred though towels were white and fluffy. Mattress sagged in the middle and was mushy.The room we stayed in was older, and it was somewhat noisy, as it is motel style with open hallways, which I don't care for

That said, it was located a 60-second walk from several restaurants and an adorable shopping district. Front desk folks were very accommodating and pleasant. Coffee was available 24/7, and you could get complimentary muffins and pastries for breakfast, and cookies in the afternoon. I LOVED the view and came to expect the local duck community each afternoon.

All in all, it is convenient, clean and pleasant for a short-term visit.

Room tip: Request a lake view. Also, i hear the two-bedrooms are very spacious and on a higher floor.
Date of stay: September 2013