“Perfect spot for a LO visit!”
Review of Lakeshore Inn

Lakeshore Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Love this small hotel with lake views and a great location for walking around town. Cute movie theater restaurant right next door. Also many shops and restaurants and farmers market a block away. All the rooms also have small kitchenette and come with a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on the southside to avoid noise from train tracks
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FoodFlowerTravel
There are newer reviews for Lakeshore Inn

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Can't explain creepiness other than very weird feelings as we went to sleep, fearing unsafe or weird energy or something. Walls are thin and cracks in doors make you able to hear everyone in the hall, above, below, Etc. When the neighbor was opening their door, I swore they were opening ours. Overall, it was clean and satisfactory but I'd never go back.... The environment is not pleasant. I hoped for a nice view of the lake, and you have one, but the rooms (back) face the closest shore, not out into the water. Pretty disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SycamoreManor
westoverinns, Owner at Lakeshore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are very sorry that this guest was not satisfied with our establishment. We are located in the heart of Lake Oswego on a beautiful lake so safety and the quality of the lake views have not been a concern. However, we are addressing the soundproofing in an upcoming project.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The location is great! I really liked that part...
on the edge of the lake-able to walk to many cute shops....however that was about all.
The rooms are average. No breakfast to speak of....some cookies, small pastry, tea, coffee.

Room Tip: Several pet friendly rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank periwinkle10
Reviewed 12 June 2014

How do I begin? Let's start with the pluses.
1. Lake view, nice touch in a suburb or Portland
2. Attempts have obviously been made to update the room, at least the room I'm in. I didn't see the others.
2. Plenty of room with a balcony overlooking the pool and the lake.
3. Little kitchenette with fridge, micro, coffee, plates, glasses etc

minuses
1. Room smells a little funny, can't quite put my finger on it. They are completely booked so I decided to not even ask for another room.
2. The TV is the size of a large computer monitor, smallest I've seen in a hotel room in years.
3. Hotel is old and tired on the outside.
4. Very small with narrow exterior walkways
5. The elevator is so small it's cute, not cute enough to get on my pluses list.
6. We are on the 3rd floor, only ice is at the pool
7. They are very clear they don't actually have breakfast, just some pastries and coffee.
8. We can hear every movement upstairs above us, someone is running, must be a youngin.

To sum it up, I don't hate it and I don't love it. Would I stay here again? Not sure, but probably not. I feel bad for being so critical because I believe the owners and staff really are doing the best they can with what they have. My travel coordinator made my reservations and didn't get any of the discount rates and when I asked about them they said you don't get the rate unless you ask for it at the time of booking. Personally I think that's a bad policy. Hopefully they will take this as constructive criticism.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank spelkey56
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We spent 5 nights at the inn. Great view of the lake and room was large and separate sleeping area from the living room. The breakfast was very poor with almost nothing to eat- including no milk for cereal? No newspaper for quests. The first night we had a a problem with the TV and the clerk made little effort to fix the problem and it did not get resolved. Overall a good location and nice area and restaurants nearby. Breakfast needs to get fixed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank T H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Love, love, love this hotel. First let me start by saying that my fiance and I were in town visiting some friends who live in Lake Oswego. I was VERY apprehensive about not staying in Portland and staying away from the city. Boy, did I feel stupid. Lake Oswego is a charming suburb about 9 miles outside of the city. It's not your typical "McDonalds/Outback Steakhouse" suburban district. It feels more like a historic district than a suburb.

The inn's name does not lie. It is right on the lake. The lake is absolutely gorgeous and if you get a lake view, you could sit out there for hours. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean and the location is PERFECT. There's a pool right over the lake. It's about a 2 minutes walk to the downtown area where there lots of shops and restaurants. And for those of you who enjoy all the locally brewed beer that Oregon has to offer, there is a local brew house next door to the hotel that has a huge patio on the lake! The beer and people are great.

Other perks to this hotel: Free wifi, flat screen TV, lake views and suites available. We had a suite with a small kitchen, living area with pullout sofa and a separate bedroom. They also have a DVD library in the lobby where you can rent DVDs for the night if you so desire. It was really lovely.

We plan to return to visit our friends and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a lakeview suite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nashvillegirl06
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This little gem is located on wonderful Lake Oswego, gut 10 minutes outside of Portland. It sits right on the lake and has great views of the water.

It is sort of vintage 1960 - which is fine, but the rooms smell like filthy carpet and the maids try to mask it with a terrible fragrant spray. If they'd stop using the spray and install new carpet, I'd give this place a higher rating - for sure!
We used the location to house a wedding party and most our guests commented on the dirty carpet and horrid smell of "air freshener" to mask the smells.

Also... there are 2 young ladies, at the front desk, who should take a class in hotel manners. Most seem too interested in surfing the web, rather than customer service. Rude is rude - and front desk people should never be rude. The young men at the front desk seem pretty good though.

Customer service & "clean" are key - not just a great location and a great view!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Lake have a great view of the lake!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank FromPortlandOregon
westoverinns, Owner at Lakeshore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

We thank this guest for their comments. We are so sorry that the rooms weren't to their satisfaction, and that our service was less than excellent. We will work with our staff to improve in these areas. We hope this guest will give us another try.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego

Been to Lakeshore Inn? Share your experiences!