We stayed in Lake Oswego at the recommendation of a Portland native since we were expecting to stay upwards of two weeks in the area. We found the LakeShore Inn on this site and it looked right for us. We called and told the manager about our need to stay for an extended period and that a baby would be joining us at some point. The manager negotiated the rate with us and told us they could move us into a larger room when the baby arrived and as the room was available.
We were first in a one room suite with kitchenette facing the street for about 4 nights,the room had recently been remodeled including new bathrooms, carpet, furniture etc and were very neat and clean. The kitchenette had all the necessary tools and several extras provided. The bathroom was a little tight and for a larger person it could cause an issue trying to take a seat. The view of the lake was nice. The one downside was during rain the roadnoise from tires is noticeable, also the occasional freight trains rolling through were a little unexpected but we live in an area that is not far away from trains and didn't really bother us to much.
For the remaining 6 nights we were in a two room suite that was set back from the road and behind a street-facing office building. It was much quieter and you didn't have the traffic of people walking by the door so much or road noise either. In fact the view from our room was amazing and very calming. The management team provided us all the needed bedding and porta-crib for the baby. They even set some flowers and balloons in the room when he came home with us, which was a nicetouch. The staff were all attentive and assisted us with restaurant recommendations and other little items we needed for the room. While we were in this room there was remodeling going on next door and above us during the day time but this was only temporary and most of the time we were not in the room when it was occurring. The rooms are now modern without being overly done.
Also, if you have a chance do not miss St Honore pastry shop. The restaurants and shopping are less than a block away. With a grocery store, Half Moon chocolates store, and other conveniences this was a great location for us to relax, be a new family together, and enjoy the peace and quiet of the area instead of being in a corporate hotel in a non-descript part of town and needing to drive everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a wonderful lakefront room or suite in the heart of downtown Lake Oswego. Guests will enjoy complimentary pastries and gourment coffee, lakefront decks, Wi-Fi, flat screen HD TVs, DVD players, small kitchens and lakeside pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lakeshore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Oswego
- Lakeshore Inn Lake Oswego