“Great place to stay - awesome location!”
Review of Lakeshore Inn

Lakeshore Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great place to stay - awesome location!”
Reviewed 3 August 2007

We spent 3 nights at the Lakeshore Inn and would definitely stay there again. The hotel is somewhat dated but it's clean and the furniture is fairly new. We were a little apprehensive about the noise after reading other reviews; however, we never heard a sound from other rooms. The hotel was fully booked and it was very quiet. The best thing about the Lakeshore is location, location, location. It was beautiful looking out on the lake. There was an excellent choice of restaurants in walking distance. The hotel is right next to Millenium Park with its own special charm. There's a wonderful farmers market there every Saturday morning in the summer. And there was a wine festival on Sunday. And we were right there!! I also enjoyed walking. I walked in a different direction every morning - around the lake - through picturesque neigborhoods, just endless possibilities. It made my morning walk very enjoyable. I've never seen so many flowers. Unless you are looking for a modern upscale hotel, you won't be disappointed with the Lakeshore Inn.

• Liked — Location - walking distance to restaurants and bars - and location on the lake.
  • Disliked — Small bedroom; somewhat outdated.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luv2travelCharlotte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
CA
Reviewed 23 June 2007

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights. The hotel is centrally located and has a lovely view of the lake but the rooms are very outdated, small and have filthy furniture (we were nervous to sit down due to the stains on the sofa) and floors. There are no dishwashers in the room and the cleaning woman washes all dishes by hand. Most of the time we needed to rewash the dishes because they were not properly cleaned. The pots and pans were so heavily stained and rusted that we did not use them. There was also a bad moldy smell in the room that would not air out even with the balcony door open.
The walls in the room are paper thin. You can hear every single sound from the adjoining rooms -- not to mention, the footsteps from the room above. Additionally, our bedroom window faced the outside corridor (I believe that all the rooms have the same set up) and the noise in the middle of the night from the corridor was impossible to tolerate.
I would not recommend this hotel and would not stay there again. For the same price you can get a great clean and quiet room at the Fairfield Inn in Lake Oswego and get a great buffet breakfast included.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank GeminiCa
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 28 October 2006

Fun place to stay in downtown Lake Oswego, you can walk to all the downtown shops and restaurants! The view of the lake is more than breathtaking. The rooms had all the amenities, they were just a little outdated, but very clean. The only downfall of the Inn was you could hear all your neighbors talking. Overall a great place to stay. My husband and I also stayed at the Phoenix Inn & Suites, and preferred the Lakeshore Inn.

• Liked — The view of the lake.
  • Disliked — It was noisy.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jendaniello
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 23 July 2006

We stayed in a suite in this Inn. It was like a little apartment, perfectly equipped and comfy -- not stuffy or sterile, like many hotels. It literally sits on the water and has an amazing view. Anything you need it at your fingertips or will be provided quickly by the helpful staff.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank gypsisun
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2006

We spent eight nights at the Lakeshore Inn in June, 2006. Overall, we had a good experience, but it was not quite what we were expecting.

The pros are that the hotel is very clean, and well maintained. We had two problems the first morning after we had arrived - the refrigerator did not work and the shower head was more like a water jet than a shower head. Both problems were fixed extremely quickly and fully on the first visit. We had no problems the rest of the stay. The hotel has a good location if you do not want to be in central Portland. It is located in the center of the upscale suburb of Lake Oswego, right on the eastern arm of the lake. A Starbucks, Albertson's, Rite Aid and numerous other restaurants are in walking distance, as is a two screen family run movie theatre. Be sure to visit the Tillamook Ice Creamery around the corner! Additonally, the hotel is right on a bus line with good service to central Portland (albeit about a 30 minute ride). The rooms are reasonably spacious and I believe each has a balcony. The rates are certainly reasonable. Refrigerators in the room plus nearby coffee shops, etc make the lack of on site breakfast facilities tolerable.

The downsides are that the hotel is not the quietest. From our room, we could easily hear any conversation on the neighboring balconies, plus conversations on the lakefront walkway across the water (by the railroad tracks). Parking is a challenge - although to the hotel's credit, they do tell you where to find overflow parking (and where not to park).
Additionally, if you want to take a day trip to areas near Portland - the Gorge, Mt. St. Helen's, etc, the hotel is not located near a freeway. In my view, this is the biggest negative. If you are planning to visit Portland and spend most of your time downtown and . or in Lake Oswego, this is a good place to stay. If you are planning to take day trips to outlying areas, I'd personally recommend you stay elsewhere - on or near an interstate.

4 Thank jbtexas
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2006

The Lakeshore Inn in the pretty, upscale town of Lake Oswego, outside of Portland, has an interesting sort of funky feel to it. I was there in rainy, chilly weather but would love to visit again in the summer. In spite of the chill, my room was welcoming and comfortable. I should say rooms, as I had both a bedroom and a living room/kitchen, and a lovely little balcony overlooking the lake.

I loved having a little kitchen. It reminded me of a summer cabin in that way.

The neighborhood, downtown Lake Oswego, is safe and has plenty of good restaurants, coffee shops, and a little movie theatre all within easy walking distance from the Lakeshore Inn.

Parking is free, and you're also right next to a great little park at the lake. While other reviewers complained about the train noise, I never even noticed it!

I found this to be a perfect hotel for a woman alone or for a family. It might not be the ultimate romantic hotel if you are a couple in search of an escape, but otherwise I think it's a great place to stay when you're in the Portland area.

The staff were friendly and helpful, great directions!

I will definitely return to the Lakeshore.

Stayed March 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2005

My Sister and her family came up to Eastern Oregon to visit. We needed to spend a night in Portland the day before they flew home. I had stayed at The Lakeshore Inn, Lake Oswego, some years ago and was very pleased with the rooms and service.

When I phoned to make reservations the Desk Clerk was very polite and helpful. When we arrived at the Lake Shore the Desk Clerk was also very polite and helpful. She told us about the area resturants and points of interest.

We stayed in a two bedroom suite, which seemed like being in an upscale apartment. It was big, roomy and the view was fantastic. The swimming pool was warm and also right on the lake. My sister and her family were ready to move in.

We enjoyed the view, the room, the pool, the service and how convenient the location was to so many shops and resturants.

We will stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix Inn Suites
Phoenix Inn Suites
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego

Been to Lakeshore Inn? Share your experiences!