“Noise Noise Everywhere”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Noise Noise Everywhere”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This standard amenity hotel sits next to Interstate 5 and is surrounded by a good diversity of restaurants. Getting in to the parking feels a lot like getting pushed through a cattle chute. It can be complicated because the hotel parks their shuttle there and when a guest also parks outside the lobby to check in guest are forced to drive on the opposite one-way road to make it into the parking area.

I stayed in a 3rd floor room facing south during a Thursday, Friday, and, Saturday. I was assaulted by noise everywhere. First, I-5 stays busy and (at least in my room) was always noticeable. Second, your room door will do nothing to drown out the other room doors slamming or the children fighting and running up and down the hallway. Third, the breakfast was the standard low quality powdered egg / biscuit and gravy spread. Yuck. Fourth, I want to tell you about the hotel staff that did nothing while a few families around us opened their door at 6 am, closed the bolt latch to keep the doors from locking, and proceeding to move about the hotel like it was their own private residence, letting their own hotel room doors bounce against the closed bolt every single time they went in and out of their rooms to load a trolley, talked about lunch plans, or yell at their kids to, "keep it down".

I don't plan on returning to the Pacific Northwest but if I do, I'm going to pay more for a room so I'm surrounded by more mature and respectful guests.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side may be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael W
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your standards with our complimentary breakfast. It is unfortunate that we did have some uncaring guests and do typically handle that appropriately when informed of it. We do hope you will try us again, should you make it to the Northwest again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Baker City, Oregon
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few nights in a row. Really enjoyed being able to walk to dinner from hotel. There is a Chevy's and an olive garden right there. It's right off i5 and easy to find. Not too far from Washington square mall. Has a nice indoor pool and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay. We are very glad that you found our location so convenient, and we look forward to having you with us in the future!
Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Convenient to I-5 but comes with the I-5 noise. Staff is friendly. I don't know how many people sit down and read the hotel information book cover to cover but this is kinda what you need to do here and even then you may not get your answer. Plugged in my laptop and half the power in the room went out. Tried to call the front desk about the power but the phone didn't work so had to put my pants on and go downstairs. There I learned I needed to select line 1 or 2 on the phone for it to work and it is common for the GFI on the outlet near the sink to trip and I need to press the reset button. We thought we might watch a Showtime Movie but no instructions I could find how to do that just the brochure with the available movies. While getting on the elevator to go downstairs for ice a lady getting off the elevator told me there was an ice machine on the floor. The desk clerk wrote the WiFi password on the room key envelope which my wife didn't notice and I didn't see so had to bother the front desk again. No wired connection to the internet, only WiFi. The breakfast is marginal and after one trip to the spa (they probably don't call it a hot tub) I didn't bother going again as its not warm enough to relax anything.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we do certainly appreciate your time in leaving a thorough review! We are struggling with the filters in the spa, from a busy weekend, as its causing the heater to not get quite to 100 degrees. We do hope that you will try us again on your next visit to Lake Oswego!
Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Parking adequate, staff competent, breakfast OK, lots of restaurants nearby, and close to freeway. We could hear the traffic even through closed windows. Our room, the Presidential Suite on the third floor, had a Jacuzzi tub in one corner of the living area! When our neighbors used their Jacuzzi we couldn't hear our TV. The bathroom with shower and toilet was small but at least it had a door. King size-bed in it's own alcove was comfortable enough but the seating area in living space was terrible--only a desk chair and a small, worn loveseat wide enough for one adult. The hot tub by the indoor pool was luke warm.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you so much for leaving a review of your stay! We appreciate any and all feedback. We do hope that you will try us again on your next visit to Lake Oswego, as we get more updates to the hotel!
usa
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is the 3rd time, I've enjoyed my stay at the Phoenix. I had read a couple of negative reviews before my stay last week and I requested a quiet room. The person on the phone was very helpful and cordial. When I arrived (late) it was no problem, my room was ready. I forgot my pillow in the car and was too tired to go back down and I shouldn't have worried. My King bed had 4-5 ample pillows with varying fluffiness and my room was soooo quiet. This Hotel is right off I-5 but each time I have stayed I have not noticed the freeway noise. Another great thing is right across the street are several chain eateries: Olive & Applebees plus several other mom/pop restaurants: Sushi and possibly Thai. The two chains were still open at 11:30 PM so I was able to enjoy a hot meal before I went to sleep. The next morning, I enjoyed an ample breakfast (breakfast burrito, sausage, fruit, cereal, breads, juices) before leaving the hotel. Hallways were clean and uncluttered and the office staff gave me excellent directions to my destination.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the street = quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thanks for leaving a very thorough review of your last stay with us! I am very glad to hear we met and exceeded your needs, and hope to see you again on your next visits to the area.
SeaTac, Washington
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We were down for a funeral, and wanted to stay close to the cemetery and where the family lives. We stayed three nights. It was "ok" but nothing to write home about. It is old, and could certainly use some cleaning up and upgrading. Our only real complaint was the ants. They were just little sugar ants, but waking up to one crawling across your face is not my idea of a good time. My husband liked the breakfast. I didn't go down for that. I did appreciate having a fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay! My apologies for the sugar ants in your room, as they do come out sometimes at this time of year and we rely on guests help in reporting so we can tell our regular pest control guys of any issues. We do hope you try us again in the future, as we continue to get updates!