“Caring Staff, Excellent Experience”
Review of Phoenix Inn Suites

Phoenix Inn Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My friend had out patient surgery in Portland and I asked for two adjoined rooms. Tyler at the front desk set me up with two king rooms, one of which was handicapped accessible with a door connecting the two rooms. I requested an early check-in and Tyler made sure I got in ASAP.

I can't imagine experiencing better customer service thanks to Tyler, he was genuinely concerned and very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a wet bar and sitting area with coutch.

I look forward to my next opportunity to stay at the Lake Oswego Phoenix Inn!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you so much for the five star review! We appreciate the feedback and love sharing your great comments about Tyler. We look forward to having you with us again on your next trip to Lake Oswego!

There are newer reviews for Phoenix Inn Suites

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We reserved through Hotwire and got a great rate (about a hundred with tax per night). The room was large and comfortable and A/C quiet. There is an indoor pool and exercise room. Breakfast was unexpectedly good with hot eggs and breakfast meats. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Room Tip: Although next to an interstate highway the building is very well sound insulated, at least on the 1s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe01983

Thank you so much for the five star review! We appreciate your feedback and we're very glad your experience was a good one. We look forward to having you with us on your next trip to Lake Oswego!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We spent 2 nights here for a tennis tournament. The lobby is pretty and tastefully decorated. Our room on the 3rd floor was quiet, the bed was comfortable as were pillows and bed linens.
The carpeting in our room was filthy, worn and stained as was the carpet in the hallways. The shower/tub was dingy looking with dirty cracked caulking. The furnishings were worn, and need updating, especially the sofa. The 3 towels we were allotted were threadbare. Housekeeping did not replace the 2 nearly empty toilet paper rolls or leave replacement rolls. The TV signal did not stay tuned and would pixelate, phone had to be unplugged as it rang for no reason. The pool water was murky & looked dirty, the screen door to pool patio was broken and hanging askew in disrepair, the fridge in our room did not keep anything cold and the light over the vanity would go on and off intermittently. The breakfast was terrible and I can now say that I know what powdered eggs taste like. Coffee was good. The front desk was often abandoned with no bell or means to alert anyone that you were there. When staff were present, they did not make eye contact, smile or offer a greeting during the many times we passed through the lobby. The clerk at the gas station next door treated us with more hospitality than any of the staff at the Phoenix Inn.
I booked two nights here through Hotwire, requesting a room for three people. I was told upon arrival that our room only had one king sized bed, no other rooms were available and that we could have a rollaway bed for $10.00 extra per night. I asked the hotel manger to waive this fee as we had requested a room for 3 people and was told "no" because the hotel only gets half of the amount I had paid to Hotwire. It wasn't the $10.00 fee that bothers me, but the disclosure that this hotel feels victimized by the deal they made with Hotwire and it was trickling down to me, the guest. Needless to say I won't use Hotwire or stay at the Phoenix Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Noelle37
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your stay. I do appreciate the information regarding housekeeping and the front desk and will be covering with them. We look forward to our renovation, and do hope you will try us again in the future!

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Phoenix Inn. While it is conveniently located at I5 and 217 we found it to be quiet and restful. We were there for three nights and were very happy. Fridge, small microwave and breakfast each morning which are nice when traveling with kids. Even cookies in the evening. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thanks for leaving a review of your stay! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the amenities, that make it convenient with a family. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Lake Oswego!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This standard amenity hotel sits next to Interstate 5 and is surrounded by a good diversity of restaurants. Getting in to the parking feels a lot like getting pushed through a cattle chute. It can be complicated because the hotel parks their shuttle there and when a guest also parks outside the lobby to check in guest are forced to drive on the opposite one-way road to make it into the parking area.

I stayed in a 3rd floor room facing south during a Thursday, Friday, and, Saturday. I was assaulted by noise everywhere. First, I-5 stays busy and (at least in my room) was always noticeable. Second, your room door will do nothing to drown out the other room doors slamming or the children fighting and running up and down the hallway. Third, the breakfast was the standard low quality powdered egg / biscuit and gravy spread. Yuck. Fourth, I want to tell you about the hotel staff that did nothing while a few families around us opened their door at 6 am, closed the bolt latch to keep the doors from locking, and proceeding to move about the hotel like it was their own private residence, letting their own hotel room doors bounce against the closed bolt every single time they went in and out of their rooms to load a trolley, talked about lunch plans, or yell at their kids to, "keep it down".

I don't plan on returning to the Pacific Northwest but if I do, I'm going to pay more for a room so I'm surrounded by more mature and respectful guests.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side may be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your standards with our complimentary breakfast. It is unfortunate that we did have some uncaring guests and do typically handle that appropriately when informed of it. We do hope you will try us again, should you make it to the Northwest again.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few nights in a row. Really enjoyed being able to walk to dinner from hotel. There is a Chevy's and an olive garden right there. It's right off i5 and easy to find. Not too far from Washington square mall. Has a nice indoor pool and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay. We are very glad that you found our location so convenient, and we look forward to having you with us in the future!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Convenient to I-5 but comes with the I-5 noise. Staff is friendly. I don't know how many people sit down and read the hotel information book cover to cover but this is kinda what you need to do here and even then you may not get your answer. Plugged in my laptop and half the power in the room went out. Tried to call the front desk about the power but the phone didn't work so had to put my pants on and go downstairs. There I learned I needed to select line 1 or 2 on the phone for it to work and it is common for the GFI on the outlet near the sink to trip and I need to press the reset button. We thought we might watch a Showtime Movie but no instructions I could find how to do that just the brochure with the available movies. While getting on the elevator to go downstairs for ice a lady getting off the elevator told me there was an ice machine on the floor. The desk clerk wrote the WiFi password on the room key envelope which my wife didn't notice and I didn't see so had to bother the front desk again. No wired connection to the internet, only WiFi. The breakfast is marginal and after one trip to the spa (they probably don't call it a hot tub) I didn't bother going again as its not warm enough to relax anything.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we do certainly appreciate your time in leaving a thorough review! We are struggling with the filters in the spa, from a busy weekend, as its causing the heater to not get quite to 100 degrees. We do hope that you will try us again on your next visit to Lake Oswego!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland South/Lake Oswego
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Phoenix Inn Suites? Share your experiences!