“Great”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Seattle, Washington
“Great”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed a few times and every time it has been great.
Close to shopping, dining and our family that lives in the area.
They also serve a fantastic breakfast.
Looking forward to our next trip to the area so we can stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for the five star review! We are glad to hear we are so convenient for you, and you were able to enjoy breakfast with us. We look forward to having you with us on your next visit to Lake Oswego!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
portland,oregon
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had to find a place to stay whern"snowmageddon" struck, paralyzing the city and necessitating a stay within walking distance fromn my office. Fortunately, the Phoenix Inn was able to accommodate me, giving me a special rate at the last minute. Checkin was a breeze and I was given a room on the top floor overlooking both the freeway and the street. My only complaint is they obviously used a strong cleaner in the bathroom as the bleach smell almost bowled me over. I found the bed comfortable however and I enjoyed the couch. (Odd that the TV can't easily be watched from the bed though and ony the couch.)
Breakfast the next morning was adequate; the eggs were cold but I had a waffle so I was happy. Again, I appreciated getting the nice rate and them being there for me. I've stayed there before for the same reason and will probably do so again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travelguy51_9
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay! We truly appreciate all the feedback, and I am so glad to hear it was convenient for you, in that horrible storm. We look forward to having you with us again...
Vancouver
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and the hotel was just okay.
The furniture in the room was way too old. A dial microwace, CRT? The beds were too soft.
We had the 2 queen and it was decent size, but our friends had the 1 king to and it was sooooo small.

Breakfast was pretty standard with coffee, juice, muffin, bagels, waffle, eggs etc. Love that the swimming pool was 24/7 for adults as normally take my dip around 11pm.

Food was reasonably close by (walking across the street). Hotel next to I5, so there is some highway noise.

If newer furniture, would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay, and the helpful feedback! We do hope you will try us again, as we get more updates in the future...
seattle, wa
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here because our Farmers meeting was held downstairs. For the price it was ok but I would not stay here again. It was kind of clean as far as sheets and towels but as for the carpet I kept my socks or shoes on. On the second and third night we also had cigarette smoke coming into our rooms. The night staff couldn't figure where it was coming from but I was in 201 and the gal the next morning that I spoke to was in 401 both had it in our rooms. Thinking it was coming from the ventilation system. It was horrible though. The staff did try to help but since they couldn't figure out where it was coming from they couldn't do much. The bfast here was good though and the staff was nice and friendly but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hizonhizon
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate any and all feedback. I am sorry to hear that we feel short of your expectations, and will be sharing this with the rest of the staff. We do hope you will try us again at your next meeting at Lake Oswego!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My fiance and i came here overnight just for a quick getaway from responsibilities and what not. Wr got the romance package in the presidential suite. It was amazing! The room was very large. Loved the jacuzzitub with the jets. Loved the gift baket. Plus, the price was pretty cheap!
The only negative is there isnt much to do around the hotel. Just a few rrestaurants. But overall. A great night!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank emily r
Thank you so much for the five star review! I'm so glad to hear that you both enjoyed the romance package, and got to get away. We do hope to see you again real soon!
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I checked out of the Phoenix Inn this morning after my worst night ever in a hotel. My friend & I met there to stay two nights to celebrate her birthday. At 1:40 in the morning we were woken up by the room phone ringing. It was a man who said he was standing outside our room and was calling to make sure it was empty before he came in. He said the front desk had given him a key. After I stated that it was obviously not empty & asked him what he was doing he told me as story & said he didn't want to hurt anyone & would give me the key back. I then said no that he needed to give it back to the front desk immediately. When I called the front desk right afterwards I was told yes they had given the man the key and upon further inquiry yes the man gave it back. The man at the desk said that the man he gave the key to must have said the wrong number. I thought that they would ask for names or verification before giving out the key, especially with two females in a room. I double checked the dead bolt and security latch before laying awake most of the rest of the night. Around 3am a man was yelling in the hall and rattling a door. When I looked through the peep hole I didn't see anyone. He stopped and then continued yelling again a short while later when I finally heard someone say the man needed to stop yelling. A little later I heard that the police where there, but couldn't hear why. Since we were in room 102 close to the desk I had thought that was nice to be in a more secure place, but I didn't feel that way after my talk with the front desk.
When I reported what had happened to the desk clerk this morning she said that was sorry and she would talk to the night clerk. It didn't really make up for most of a night spent awake.
I actually recommended this motel to a friend who stayed there two weeks over the summer. In the past I always thought they were a nice chain with secure rooms & had always met nice people when staying at Phoenix Inns in various locations. Too bad that isn't the case with some of the staff and some of the guest there now.

Room Tip: None , but if you do stay there make sure to use both security locks and bring some kind of protecti...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anonymous971429
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for bringing to my attention, a very serious safety concern that happened at my hotel. I am mortified that you had to go through that, and like we talked on the phone, I am so very sorry for your restless night. I want you to know, that actions are being taken in regards to that employee, as well as further safety training all around for everyone. I do hope that you will try us again on your next get away weekend!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We booked the room the day before our stay. I called and inquired about a portable crib/playpen. I was told that it will be available for free, crib sheet included, and that there is no need to reserve one. When we arrived, we were told that the only two playpens were taken and all they can do is to switch us to a room with two beds. We were travelling with a one-year old baby. Never let him sleep with us in the same bed before due to risk of suffocation. We moved to the two-bed room but our baby could not sleep in a queen size bed by himself even with some make-shift barriers. He barely fell. It would be very dangerous to leave him alone in a bed. We ended up co-sleeping in one bed. It was a terrible experience. All of us were turning and tossing. Probably only slept a few hours that night. All this can be avoided by candid communication. We would have brought our own playpen and did not have to risk the baby falling off a bed or suffering through cosleeping.

Add to the problem is that the baby's noses bled badly early in the morning. We think it is a combination of the bleach in the bedsheet and the hot dry temperature. The hotel ran the heat very high and there is no thermostat control in the room unless we run the a/c.

All in all, the crib situation really ruined our trip. We regret not switching hotels right after our arrival. The lobby was nicely decorated and the breakfast was decent. But the furniture in the rooms are old. The mattress is very saggy. Bathroom door has damage. The cleaning staff used way too much chlorine. The hallway and bathroom smells chlorine in a unpleasant way. The quality would be acceptable if it is a 2-star hotel but it is listed on several travel websites as a 3-star hotel and priced so. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Raining O
MLechner, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I want to apologize for our lack of communication regarding the cribs, as they are based on availability and should have told you that at reservation time. We will be covering this with our new folks, as well as purchasing more cribs along with the renovation. We do hope you will try us again on your next trip to Lake Oswego!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#58 of 141 in Portland
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to Phoenix Inn Suites? Share your experiences!