“Like Home”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Oswego
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel frequently over the last six years. The facility, staff and location are great and I have always been welcomed as a member of the family rather than a visitor. I highly recommend the property!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Thank T. Mark J
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of customer service and making guests feel at home. We will share your kind words with all of our staff.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed here while chaperoning my son and some teammates at a local soccer tournament. Room was ready a few minutes before check-in time. We had asked for adjoining rooms and everything was ready. Check in was easy and there was no line. Complimentary breakfast was simple but good and plentiful. I was impressed with the lobby because it was West Elm-cute but comfortable enough to sit and have a meeting with 15 teenage boys. They served snacks and wine in the evening and had a great variety of choices. And when I showed up 15 minutes after closing time, the staff was accommodating and served up a much needed glass of wine. There is a Starbucks and Chipotle (and other places) right across the street so everyone was happy. The only thing that I didn't like was the mattress. Apparently, you could adjust the mattress but it was shoved so close to the nightstand that I couldn't pull it back to read which way I was supposed to turn the knob. I think they should just invest in normal mattresses because I wasn't the only person in our group that had trouble with it. A/C unit was a little louder than I would have preferred by at least it cooled the room down on a 90 degree day.

1  Thank monomo215
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on tripadvisor. I apologize about the issue with the nightstand being close to the bed. There should have been plenty of space so that you could have easily adjusted the bed. Although we occasionally have people that do not like the bed, we often get fabulous reviews about our beds. Thank you for your kind comments I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The rooms were not ready at check in time. The staff and management were at the best times disinterested and the worst times rude. Admittedly they were very full, but if you can't handle that you are in the wrong business. The breakfast area wasn't kept cleared of dirty dishes after people had finished eating. Not a pleasant environment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Miranda M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest and to ensure that we deliver a high level of customer service. From looking at your survey it looks like we could have done some things to make your stay more enjoyable, I want to apologize for that. In the future should you chose to stay with us again, I hope that you won't hesitate to contact us at the front desk with anything that prevents you from having a most comfortable and enjoyable stay. We would be happy to replace, repair, or otherwise fix anything that is not in proper working order.

As you noted we were quite full and very busy during your stay. The business of travel season often makes it difficult to have the rooms ready at our 3 pm check in time, although we do make every effort to do so. There are often guests that need a bit of extra time for checking out - which of course delays our housekeepers from being able to enter and clean the rooms. When the hotel is full, breakfast is also full and again our staff makes every effort to clear tables, keep the buffet stocked, and attend to every guest. It is highly recommended that you allow time for delays when staying with us during our busiest season which is Summer. If there is anything else we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Oswego.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a nice hotel, feels very fresh and updated. The staff was very, very nice, and the room was large, super clean and very comfortable. I had a great night's sleep. There's several restaurants within waling distance, including Applebee's, Stanford's, Olive Garden and my favorite, Thai Basil. One thing to be aware of is the parking - it's fine if you have a car (use the parking garage) but if you have a truck and are towing a trailer I would not recommend this hotel, as you will be parking on the street and it's just not the most trailer-friendly setup. If I remember correctly it's something like 7' maximum clearance. Other than that, this is a very nice place to stay. Enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the location and staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

No surprises in this type of hotel, at least not the bad kind. In fact, the swimming pool and the jacuzzi were empty and at a nice temperature, so we could relax after a long drive, something we weren't expecting. The room was fine, fairly clean and comfortable. Although the beds are adjustable, I still find them too soft. Noise level was pretty acceptable too. Breakfast was not included, so I can't tell you about it. There are plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Miranda M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear the pool and jacuzzi were empty so you could relax after your drive. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I travel quite a bit for work so have stayed at many Hiltons. It is clean and the lobby is beautiful. Good location with many restaurants close by. Staff is friendly and professional. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the staff and location to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here at the Hilton Garden in Lake Oswego many times before. It's always the same - clean, friendly staff, great service, and great breakfast. It is a great location. Easy freeway access and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Miranda M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Oswego
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego? Share your experiences!