“Sheeple: Signs That You Might Be Part Of The Herd” 2 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Rumi Simone Spa
West Linn, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sheeple: Signs That You Might Be Part Of The Herd”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Hello All! Trust me, I've been going to Rumi Simone for MANY years. I left once, because I had a hair dresser that wouldn't stop pushing the formaldehyde infested "Brazillian Blowout" on my daughter and I. I left and then came back...BIG mistake. Here's why:
1. Scheduled my appointments wrong - showed up to find out I had no appt not once but several times! (silly me)
2. Paid for "senior" stylists and "color" specialists only to get tossed into a backup of clients and get the jr level stylists to finish up. Not once, but several times! (silly me again)
3. Daughter went for special "winter formal" hair style only to come home in tears because it fell out on way home. (heart break!)
4. Much more...but, here's the kicker I called and asked for the manager/owner to call me back - SHE NEVER DID!
Guess I'm just one of the many - part of the herd that doesn't count.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rachel R

Oldsmar, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

From the reception desk to the completion of the services we were treated wonderful. Not inexpensive, but quality!

Visited August 2012
Lake Oswego, Oregon
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“What A Lovely Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

As a surprise birthday gift, my nice husband scheduled me a spa morning at Rumi Simone. He even went so far as to let me wake up early thinking I was going to work, put on my work scrubs, and get in the car....Only then did he tell me that I was off work for the day and I should head to Rumi Simone no later than 8:30. My lucky day!!!!

I have been here once before, and had a wonderful massage and pedicure. I knew it would be a great way to spend my birthday morning!

Although the spa caters to the upscale crowd in Lake O, it is not pretentious in any way. Staff are quiet spoken, very welcoming but not in an over the top manner, and are very intuitive to your individual needs. I have found them to be genuine, not too chatty, professional, and everyone seems to share the goal of giving you a great experience.

Guests are encouraged to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to any scheduled services, to allow for shower time, sauna or steam room time, and to simply unwind in the calming waiting area upstairs. Tea or water are served quietly and there is minimal interruption to the zen experience.

The entire space upstairs is well appointed, but again, not over the top....just cool, inviting, quiet with gentle music and water features. I highly recommend a visit to the steam room where your troubles will all melt away in mere minutes. It is wonderful.

When it is time for your services to begin, the nice spa staff quietly invite you to the treatment room. Today I had a lovely, lovely 60 minute massage to start my day at Rumi. The masseuse did a great job for me, and I told her that I was certain that the hour with her would prove to be the best hour of my day.

The staff here do a great job behind the scenes. You never see them, but somehow they manage to refill your glass, take away your used hand towel, etc, without being obtrusive. They are expert at privacy and discretion, and everything is seamless and perfect.

I love Rumi Simone Spa. The only problem is that I don't get to go as often as I wish I could! If visiting the Portland area, take a short drive to Lake Oswego and enjoy the many things this quaint city has to offer.....especially a visit to Rumi Simone!

And gals in a party or group: Please remember that many of us are spending the day here to relax in peace and quiet. Don't forget your spa etiquette, please. : )

Visited July 2012
3 Thank SuburbanWife
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This little spa is a great place for a facial, massage. They have many services, but these are the only ones I have enjoyed. The spa is very quiet, relaxing and private. The staff are all very friendly and attentive. It's a little pricey, but nice to splurge on yourself every once in a while.

Visited June 2012
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Expensive but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We love coming here for our spa days - don't let the downstairs fool you! I have only had massages and done the mud bath, but have probably been 5 times. The ladies locker area has a lovely lounge in front of the fire and has both a sauna and a steam room. Love coming here - wish their prices were lower so I could come more often!

Visited September 2011