“Do not miss the grilled cheese sandwich”

Tillamook Ice Creamery and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 9 Dessert in Lake Oswego
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 24 October 2016

This is a fun place to visit and to satisfy your craving for dairy. There is a complementary tour of the factory, a cute gift shop and the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever eaten. The staff is friendly and accommodating. They also have a wonderful ice cream selection but it is very rich.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

The Ice Creamery is THE spot for locals who want to meet friends, have great food at reasonable prices, or just have ice cream on a warm summer day. What we enjoyed about the restaurant was the friendly atmosphere, the great staff, and the "regulars" who will readily engage you in conversations. This is definitely an "old time diner atmosphere" without the grungy feeling.

1  Thank cyberray50
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I asked a few locals where they go for burgers since there are so many burger places in the area. I was told to go to the Tillamook Ice Creamery for a burger or sandwich. I really thought that was a bit strange as you go to Ice Creamery for ice cream only, but we always try to follow local recommendations.

The restaurant is a small building attached to the larger Ice Creamery in the back. There is not a lot of seating inside, but at least they have a large patio you can sit on. The menu has your standard listings of sandwiches and burgers, so I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with fries. I have to say that the chicken sandwich was delicious and I was very happy with the decision to come here. To top it off, I had to have ice cream in a waffle cone and that was excellent as well. Who can beat having a burger and ice cream all at the same time?

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Yummy Reuben... but seemed smaller than before (change of bread?). I've never cared personally for steak/plank fries... for extra $ you can get something else. The service was fast and friendly. We were not rushed even though they were getting busy. No charge for sharing a sandwich, either! Varied menu and always a daily special posted.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

When my granddaughter and her friends want ice cream this is where we go! We have been treating ourselves to their yummy ice cream and delicious meals now for years!