“A Classic”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Avenue A & B
Transit: Trimet bus - Lake Oswego transit center is 5 blocks away.
Description: Northwest dining with French and Italian accents, award-winning wine list in a romantic, contemporary atmosphere. Several private dining rooms for groups of 8-75. Join us for happy hour in our bar 4:30-6 nightly or for outside dining on our patio. We offer free ample parking and ADA access.
Reviewed 30 August 2013

After living in the area for over 10 years, I finally got a chance to try out Clarke's. What a fantastic place! The food is excellent, I had the simple prawns and green beans. I loved it and my other guests enjoyed it as well! The menu is small, not a lot of choices, but everything was delightful. The wine list was excellent with good price points. The server was fantastic, flexible and attentive. It was a fun place for nice night out, though not stuck up or pretentious. This place is not for children.

The only con (and why I gave it 4 stars) is that it is a bit outdated style and decor and the clientele seems to be the same people who were going there when it opened 15 years and haven't changed. Though we had reservations at 7:00 on a Friday, we arrived and it looked like the place was nearly deserted. Surely, more people would come in droves, right? They didn't. In my opinion, Clarke's need to shake it up a bit to survive in the competitive restaurant market. Though I will gladly support them the whole way!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Four of us ate at 7:30 pm with no crowd. Huge scotch on the rocks for a reasonable price and very tasty Walla Walla, WA bottle of cabernet. High quality Caesar salad that was advertized as "leafy" but had all hearts of romaine, Wonderful bread, super fish cakes, outstanding tenderloin filets with mushroom peppercorn sauce, and lobster-shrimp risoto had plenty of lobster and shrimp. Menu is limited but everything was terrific. We were staying at the Lakeshore Inn, walking distance to the restaurant.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This restaurant had come so highly recommended so when my daughter came to town for her birthday, I thought perfect. I made the reservation for 2 adults /2kids you think they would have told me they had nothing on the menu for kids. But the waiter was nice enough to say the bar has a burger but we can't serve it in here, Really !! Pasta with butter that was it. Just don't take kids.

Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

This is NOT $5-$10 priced Restaurant!! Maybe for lunch, but not dinner! More like $20-$30... So don't think you are walking into some cheap diner!
This is a very first class - Top Notch dining spot in a small, cozy spot in Lake Oswego.
The food is prepared very well and service has always been good! They specialize in seafood... At least that is what I seem to alway order. But the wife has had their pork chops and thoroughly enjoyed them.
This is a small restaurant... So I would highly recommend reservations, but we have popped in on the fly as a couple and have been able to get in after a drink or two at the bar! They have a very small bar... But well experienced bartenders.
Well worth your hard earned after tax Obama dollars
Enjoy
WEST-MORRY

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This small restaurant serves consistent, high-quality food, prepared by the owner/chef. We've eaten there several times and always have had an excellent meal. The environment is classy, much more so than you expect from its location in a small strip mall.