“Hard to Find but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Players - CLOSED

Players
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Your Game On! 12 Lane Strike Bowling Lounge, Pinz Grille, full service, mouth-watering menu! Cues Sports Bar, watch the game & quench your thirst with a frosty mug. Check out primetime hours for hot deals. 8 billiards tables, shuffleboard, under 21 lounge - wall to wall plasmas. Got Mad Skills? Test 'em in our video arcade and win cool prizes -- Wanna party? 5 beautiful private party rooms. Players is the Ultimate Playground.
happy valley
“Hard to Find but worth it!”
Reviewed 24 January 2009

We visited Players last night for our first time and was very suprised! After reading the poor reviews our expectations weren't very high. The building was very modern but comfortable, more importantly it was very clean and well maintained. The lay out worked well with designated areas for kids as well as adults. The staff was friendly and knowledegable. The games ranged in price from 25 cents to about $2 bucks. We had dinner before bowling which averaged $10-$12 bucks per person (kids $5). Bowling was different then the normal hard plastic seating and over head flouresents, it had nice leather couches and coffee tables. Probobly my ownly complaint was that we only signed up for 60 minutes on the lane and we wanted to bowl longer. By the time we realized we wanted to bowl longer there was a 2 hour wait. Our experience was great but next time we will take advantage of their weekday specials. Oh and this place is hard to find! But Worth It!!!!

Oregon
“I love players, stop the negativity”
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I dont understand these bad reviews. Yes the bowling is busy but the lanes are nice the seats by them are cumfy the atmosphere is great. Maybe your all just mad becuase you didnt call and make sure there was space. This is more an arcade and hang out than it is a full alley. If you get to bowl its fun but it shouldnt be a first choice. And if you are [-] and want more time pay the mony for a private lane room. Maybe read up a bit go there before getting your hopes up. I also have to say that the people who work tehre are very kind and are willing to converse and fix things for you. I play games in the arcade and its really nice becuase If something goes wrong I ask and people fix it immeditaley. My mom says upstairs that the pool is great, and the non smoking is awesome also. The food is wonderful, maybe the rest of you writing reviews think that cheap food is gormet. But im used to these good prices and most of teh time its crap compared to the food at players. yes there are kids there this is a family place and I love that. If you have problems with the kids there talk to the workers they will talk to the parents. Stop whining about this, its a nice place for teh price and is good for families, mayeb you who have more mony or just want bowling or a no kid zone should find an adult bar or somewhere where you can go and only bowl. but I love players and all the crap I hear from people is annoying becuase overall its well done family and teen hang out.

I love this place for the prices its great and the people are so kind there. So just dont go if you want other than a nice hang out.
Thanks for the great place to hang :D

Beaverton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stay away from Players!”
Reviewed 28 December 2008

5 of us visited Players on Dec. 27th, hoping to get in at least a couple of games of bowling, and enjoy a little food. Their website stated that we had 1 1/2 hours max on a lane. We got to Players and had to wait almost 20 minutes for the OK to get a lane, even though there were 2 lanes open all that time. While we waited, my wife had to go into the bar to order a couple of drinks and some fries. The girl at the bar was probably the least friendly bar person in the history of bartending, and didn't even acknowledge her standing there until she felt like taking her order. There were only 2 other people there by the way. I went back to wait for the fries as my wife was now checking on the status of our lane. The bartender gave me the same nonchalant attitude, not even acknowledging me until she was good and ready.

We finally got to start bowling at around 4:05pm and were told that we had 64 minutes. There was no 1 1/2 hour max unless there was nobody there to bowl after us. We were bowling without any delays or pauses, and noted that we only had 22 minutes left on our hour and we were only in the ninth frame of game 1! We finished that game and went right into the next, hoping that we could "speed-bowl" to get a 2nd game in, as it was clear that was the only way we were going to finish. Meanwhile, my wife had made a 2nd and 3rd trip to that bar for water, a soda and some chicken tenders. The bartender was obviously tired of serving as a waitress, even though she didn't come out from behind the bar. She told my wife that we had a "girl" out there who we should be ordering from. Hmmmm, nope. Back to the bowling: With about 9 minutes left on our time, I approached one of the men behind the counter and asked him to verify the time we had remaining. He came out to our lane and showed me on the screen above our lane that yes indeed, we had 9 minutes left. I said to him, "So we paid $50 between the 5 of us and we are getting 1 game plus 3 or 4 frames of a 2nd game??" He just stared ahead at the screen and said NOTHING. He just seemed flustered. I told him that was nuts, and walked back to our lane. We continued our speed-bowling and were promptly shut off while my wife was waiting to throw her 2nd ball in frame 4.

We took off our shoes, put our severely pitted and scratched bowling balls back, and went to the counter. We again queried the extremely unfriendly staff about not being able to even finish a frame, let alone the game, to which the manager responded that they've always done it by the hour, and he was sorry that our experience wasn't what we expected. That's interesting. I think when you go bowling, you expect to finish a game. Do you play 13 holes of golf? or watch a baseball game for 4 innings? Now we knew all along that they rented the lanes by the hour, but what kind of insanity is charging $8 per person per hour (plus $2 for shoes) and only letting you get the lane for 1 hour? How much bowling can a group possibly get in?? Just over one full game, that's what!! Do the math. Not only did we NOT get to finish, we paid an obscene amount of money for an awful time, where we had to race to get in the bowling that we did.

In summary:
1. Very uncaring attitude by all staff.
2. Ridiculously expensive rates for bowling, with NO chance of finishing.
3. Lack of enough staff.

I work for a worldwide leader in athletic apparel/equipment, with some level of input in group or office outings. I guarantee you that this establishment will never be the recipient of one more cent of mine or any event my employer has where I have any say-so. I'm not surprised that Players was very empty on a Saturday afternoon during a holiday break. If they don't want to fold up their tents soon, they need to make a boatload of changes. Any other reviewers who disagree with me must either have money to burn, or low expectations.

2 Thank safeman1402
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Great”
Reviewed 4 October 2008

My family visits Players often. My kids love playing the games, the food is good, lots of tv's showing sports, bowling, pool tables, my buddies and I meet up at the bar sometimes...all in all it's a great place to hang out. I've read some negative reviews here about Players and I think some people are just too nit picky and ruin it for themselves. That's fine, leave it for the laid back crowd!

Beaverton
“Definitely Fun Oriented”
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Tonight was my second time at Players. About a month ago my office had an afternoon party of about 25 people. A pleasant time that day led me to plan to bring my family for the Sunday Night Family Bowling Special. Frankly, having read some of the other reviews I questioned how it would be but since it had turned out well for my office I decided to do it with the family. I'm glad I did, because we had a great time. Our family of five bowled for two hours, enjoyed the large size pizza and pop with refills for under $70 total. The staff was definitely customer service oriented. This place is especially geared toward families, couples and groups looking for fun rather than serious bowling. There are several other activities and private rooms available but I haven't tried those.