“The Towels are nice, but...”

Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lakeview
Monument, Colorado
“The Towels are nice, but...”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

... there are not many choices in Lakeview.

THE GOOD: Most competitive pricing. The towels really are nice, better than most mid grade motels. If you book far enough in advance you will get the best rate in town. If you are passing through and need to stop in Lakeview, this will suffice. The beds are slightly softer than most chain motels, very comfortable. The air condition though noisy was consistent and worked well. The rooms were clean.

THE OTHER: The manager/owner was on vacation on my way through both traveling West and East. I never saw him - though I was told when I checked in the second time that he had just arrived and would meet us in the morning. Though the sign said "Open" in the morning, the door was locked.

It does seem they are trying hard to keep this motel comfortable and updated. It appears to be over 1/2 a century old. It is hard to make a building this old look good. There were obvious patches in the walls in both rooms in which we stayed, the rooms are smaller, the size you would expect from a 1950's motel, they are dark and the tile work was not done in a professional manner.

I did not want to rate it poor because it really does appear the owner is doing all possible to keep the motel comfortable at a reasonable price. However, a true "Executive" would most likely not stay here, but rather pay the much higher price at one of two other motels very close by.

I was placed on the east side across the street from the tire shop. I was surrounded in all rooms by construction workers and the tire shop starts their business and noise at 7 AM. If you stay on the west side you must content with the afternoon and evening sun heating your room, but most likely will have less noise.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side are quieter, but have the afternoon sun heating them. Rooms on the East side...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rogue River, Oregon
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Whenever we stay in Lakeview this is where we stay. While it is an older property it is clean, quiet and comfortable. So comfortable I tend to over sleep when we stay here. I cannot say enough about the owner. It is obvious I am disabled and he will do anything in his power to help me with accommodations. He always gets us a quiet room that is large enough that I can get around quite easily. I wish all hotels treated the disabled this well. This may be my favorite place to stay in America. Even though it is in small town America it has a big heart.

Room Tip: Upstairs may be a little quiter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We love to go to Lakeview each year hunting. We always stay here, the people are great and rates are reasonable. The owner has continually upgraded the place over the years. Now there is marble and nice carpets!

I would recommend staying here...

Room Tip: avoid the street side, the back is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I don't expect much when I'm traveling in the back country of Oregon. This place was extremely clean, room was bigger than I expected, and the hotel manager extremely courteous and kind, even though I woke him up very late when I locked myself out of my room.

I will stay here again, perfect central location, a very nice place to rest your head in this part of Oregon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AaronRayburn
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was just a stop over place for us on our way to Reno. We weren't looking for fancy. We were looking for CLEAN room and a decent night of sleep. We had our luxury room booked in Reno, we were just passing through.

We were met by both the managers. We made a reservation DIRECTLY with the manager a month previous when we decided to drive to Reno. We did not use a reservation service. We were greeted very quickly and found them extremely friendly and helpful.

HOWEVER, our sleep was abruptly stopped at 5:50 in the morning when the managers dishwasher went on. We had been exhausted when we arrived the night before, having worked an entire day, then drove the 3 1/2 hours to Lakeview. We were totally unhappy and knew if they turned it off if we complained, we still would be awake. So we got up, showered and hit the road. We left before the drive-up coffee stand was open.

So, managers be aware of the noise...even just walking across your rooms. Travelers, ask to stay anywhere but beneath the managers suite.

Room Tip: INSIST on being towards the north end of the hotel. We were UNDER the manager's dishwasher in t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lakeview oregon
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

If you make a reservation at this place, you cannot cancel it without paying the entire amount of the stay. This happens even if you give hours and hours of notice and even if there is a sound reason for your need to cancel. So reserve this hotel at your own risk.

Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Rosiespringer7
Executiveinn2011, Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
sorry, but you made no reservation with me... you made the reservation with your booking agent...you paid the agent, not me...it clearly states on your reservation that you need to give the AGENT (not me) a 24 hour notice if you want a refund...you gave your agent a 3 hour notice...not ''hours and hours'' as you say...your refund issue is with your agent...please make accurate statements when you write reports and please do not blame my motel...thank you very much...managers
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Very friendly when I called to make the reservation & very welcoming on our arrival to ensure our comfort. An older place, shows a lot of wear & tear but all very clean & very pet friendly. A fair price for a place in the middle of nowhere in the "highest City above sea level in Oregon". They displayed a Trip Advisor decal & proud of it! Yes I would recommend.

Stayed October 2013