“Like home away from home”
Review of Shanico Inn

Shanico Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lebanon
Billings MT
“Like home away from home”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed at the Shanico for a month this spring and last year too. The small rooms are nice and big and also clean. This was cheaper than the run down places I tried in Albany previously and much friendlier and cleaner. The managers are super nice people and when I had a bit of trouble with the heat got it fixed right away. For a budget price it is well worth the 12 mile drive from Albany. If you want fancy pay the price but this place has the normal amenities, in room coffee, cable tv, comfy beds, a nice restaurant next door and did I say clean?? There is traffic noise business hours but it is quiet at night. Thumbs up Shanico.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
lebanon OR
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I stayed at the Shanico in one of their small rooms, and was rewarded with noisy neighbors partying, I called the front desk as directed and was told SORRY>This was dissappointing. I would not pay for a room where I could not get any sleep, No peace and had to go up and down stairs for a very frustrating stay. Would not recommend unless you like to stay up all night. In this town all the motels are owned by the same family.This was their best offering.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Lebanon hotels

portland, oregon
Reviewed 14 October 2008

I was on a motorcycle trip and wanted an inexpensive place to stay overnight in Lebanon. I had no references so I chose the ShanicoInn after calling the motel and talking to the owner about room rates. Lebanon is a small town in the mid Willamette Valley where most people are very nice and the owners were no exception.

My room at the ShanicoInn was under $50 including room tax. Heck, i've had room service bills in Tokyo that cost more! The rooms were not new, but my room (106) had been kept up nicely with none of the typical stained walls or stained bedding. All repairs were done and nothing was "falling off". The room had 2 large (queen I think) beds, bathroom, TV with cable, refrigerator, etc. Everything that I needed.

The Shanico is close to a major road, so it's a bit noisy in the evening as trucks head North towards I-5. But, the noise must have quieted after 10pm because I slept just fine until the next morning when the alarm clock went off.

I definitely got my money's worth and would stay at the Shanico again. It's not a Ritz-Carlton or a Marriot, but then if that's the kind of hotel (and price) you are looking for, you'll need to keep driving North. I rated this Motel "above average" because I've stayed at Travelodge and other cheap motels that were dirty and old and stinky. I was pleasantly surprised by the ShanicoInn.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank pauloregon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Valley Inn Motel Lebanon
Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn
Phoenix Inn Suites Albany
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
Best Western Corvallis
Best Western Corvallis
#2 of 10 in Corvallis
Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo

Been to Shanico Inn? Share your experiences!