“Pretty cruddy”

Shanico Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lebanon
“Pretty cruddy”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Service @ the front desk left much to be desired. They do everything the old fashioned way, so when she handed me the re used room key with a piece of tape on it indicated the room#, it was no shock that the room was not finished being cleaned. They appeared disorganized @ all times and almost surprised that I had a reservation. The room was what you'd expect for low budget. I couldn't imagine spending more than one night.

• Stayed January 2013
Shanicoinn, Manager at Shanico Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Hi,

We appreciate you for taking time out and giving us feedback. Your review will help us better serve future customers. We hope your next stay with us will be more pleasant.

Shanico Inn Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
USA
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stopped here hoping to get a room for the night as i didnt want to drive over the santiam pass over night. When i walked up to the hotel door the managers were standing there smoking with another employee. Very unprofessional if you ask me! I was lucky enough to get a room for the night. The room looked nice at 1st till i started to settle in. I ended up going to walmart an buying a plastic mattress cover, blankets, and pillow as it was obvious they NEVER was there comforters!! the sheets looks ok but i didnt want o chance it. The shower had black mold growing on the caulking and the hand towel obviously wasnt changed out as it had lip stick an make upstill on it. I opened the ice holder becaus i wanted to get some ice for mysoda an there was mold growing inside that!!!!!!! The dust behind the bed an night stands look like it has been there for 5 plus years an the chairs in the room had old ketchup on them. Overall i was scared i was going to catch something in that room! I kept seeing people coming an going from certain units an leaving, kinda fishy an weird if you ask me. Also when i was leaving to go to walmart once again the managers were out front talking to someon else an over heard HORRIBLE language from a lady. This place needs to be check an re managed an cleaned!!!

Room Tip: There prob is not a good room!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Dolly D
Shanicoinn, Owner at Shanico Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future. we will do our best to improve our room so you can enjoy your stay at Shanico inn.

Travellers are raving about these Lebanon hotels

Billings MT
Reviewed 17 October 2012

It is a real treat to find a place in the $50 range as nice as this. The management are wonderfully friendly, it is nice to feel welcome after a long drive. Super clean and all the amenities one needs, Cable, fridge, microwave, and a coffee maker. Comfy bed. A good place to eat right next door helps. And there are grocery stores very close. The jacuzzi mentioned on the reader board is misleading though, it is only in one room. There is much to do in the Lebanon area so if you go this is the only place in town worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank artitch
Shanicoinn, Owner at Shanico Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dallas, Oregon
Reviewed 23 August 2012

July 7th, I called & made reservations with the manager for August 18, 2012. Our daughter was getting married and we needed accommodations. First of all, I scheduled the room for 2 nights, then called the week before & with my husband's bad health we decided to stay just one. I called & spoke with the manager, once again making sure that we had the handicapped room. We are both on SSD & with the arthritis in my husband's back, made sure the reservation was for the handicapped room as my husband can not climb stairs. On 8/18/2012, we arrived 1.5 hours before the wedding, only to be informed they had given the hadicapped room away and we have the one upstairs. Thanks to Valley Inn, we found a room. I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone. The managers are old, but that's NO EXCUSE!!

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Miranda, California, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I can't amagine what the other motels in Lebanon are like but I will not stay in Lebanon except in my RV-most of my review is on cleanliness -all of the linens needed cleaned with Bleach-the carpet was so bad I would not walk without socks or shoes-the "love seat" was so stained my wife put our own sheet over it before we sat down-I was charged 7 dollars for each of two small dogs each night and I didn't want them to lay on the carpet-my wife took a towel and wiped a stain off the carpet with very little effort - I realize with the economy being poor, capital outlay doesnt come easy but it doesn't cost much to shampoo the carpet occasionally? A little bleach wouldn't hurt. Please have a smoking area away from the front of the Lobby- it looks tacky to set for hours a day smoking and greeting visitors

Room Tip: Stay in Albany
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bob H
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at this motel on July 1-2, 2012. The bad reviews must have made a difference I don't know when the first 2 reviewers stayed, but I agree a lot with "elizabeth k". . Yes, this place is basic, but it is clean, and by far, a LOT better than the other 2 choices in town. There simply is no fabulous lodging in this town, not even a chain location. The manager (husband & wife) were very nice and gave me a room at the last minute with no reservation right before a major US holiday. My room was extremely clean and spacious. This place is right on Hwy 20 (as are the others 2 motels in town) but I could not hear the vehicle noise at all with the fan on. The restaurant next door is OK too.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kat C
, Owner at Shanico Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Kat C,

Thank you for staying at the Shanico Inn, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will continue to improve the quality of the Shanico Inn.

Shanico Inn
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My husband & I first contacted this hotel a month in advance of our trip to Lebanon. My husband grew up in Lebanon so is no stranger to the area. When he first called the hotel to inquire the rate for a weekly stay, he was told it would be somewhere around $230. He was also told the room had a kitchenette with stove/oven, full sized refrigerator, sink, etc. That was good since we were going to be in Lebanon for a week. Two weeks before we left on our trip he called again to make the reservation. A man, the Manager, answered this time & told him the weekly rate would be $340, that the woman who had quoted us $230 was "ditzy" and didn't always get things straight. Ok, $340 was still within our price range and not bad for the week of Christmas. The Manager did reiterate the kitchenette with stove/oven, full size refrigerator, etc. My husband said this would be good since I liked to cook when we stay for a week or more. When we checked into our room it was two queen sized beds since all the kings were upstairs & we were not going to climb stairs. The hotel was not full. Our room was freezing & it took the heater awhile to warm it up. Imagine my surprise when I started to look for some dishes, etc. in the cabinets and there were none to be found. My husband contacted the Manager and the Manager said "Oh, I thought we discussed this before.....the stove doesn't work, it's disconnected. Insurance issue". Uh......no....this was NOT discussed before and my husband had even made it a point of telling the Manager that I liked to cook when we stayed for a week or more in a room with a kitchenette. But.....there was a full sized-refrigerator & small microwave. We paid for 7 nights. On the 6th night we had car problems & knew we were going to be staying another couple of nights so all we needed to do was pay for an extra night. The Manager told my husband he would extend our stay for another night (after the 7th one) and that we could have the same nightly rate. On the 8th day when my husband went in to pay for the extra night, the Manager told him the rate would be 34 dollars more than what we had alread paid. This after just telling us the day before that we could have the same rate......an outright lie. We packed up our things & checked out. We were misled to begin with, there was misrepresentation with the stove issue and then we were just outright lied to. Never will we stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dollc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Valley Inn Motel Lebanon
Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn
Phoenix Inn Suites Albany
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
Best Western Corvallis
Best Western Corvallis
#2 of 10 in Corvallis
Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo

Been to Shanico Inn? Share your experiences!