“More than just ice cream - Fun local flavor and good food and games”

Eleanor's Undertow Takeout
Ranked #2 of 9 Dessert in Lincoln City
Reviewed 30 July 2011

They don't take plastic, but they have an ATM. They also have food worth waiting for. My favorite is the fish and chips and my kids love the burgers. AND I love that it's on the healthy side with no frying. The game room is clean and tidy, and the kids can play pool while I visit with the folks behind the counter. I've been visiting Eleanor's since I was a kid and love that my kids get to share in the experience. The hours are a little squishy, bit that's just life at the beach. If you like supporting small, local businesses give Eleanor's a try.

1  Thank TMWpdx

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Had the pulled pork, and my husband had the Portabella mushroom sandwich, with cobbler for dessert. We were both really happy with all of it. The cobbler especially hit the spot, home made just like grandma makes.
Got to meet Eleanor and Vicki and Tom. Was our first time in and totally enjoyed it. Sure beat waiting in line at Mo's where we have been before and had next to par lunches, and watered down soup.
I had left my cell phone behind and when I realized it, I made a call and Tom went to the post office and mailed it back to me, and I got it safe and sound the next day. That is customer service.
I enjoyed watching the older gentleman who dished up the ice cream, ( he was a real go getter!), and I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with Eleanor who was really charming and spry for 89.
It is family owned and I like it that way, we will be back! The place was a lot of fun.

1  Thank Cindy K
Reviewed 14 July 2011

While the ice cream is good, the "food" is barely edible. I really wanted to like this place because it appears to be family owned. I prefer to support family run businesses over corporate run businesses. That said, this place failed on so many levels. We ordered some burgers and milkshakes thinking it would be a good lunch to tide us over. The milkshakes were the texture of chocolate milk and barely cold. YUCK! They sure didn't taste much like chocolate because they were so watered down. And they cost nearly $5 each. The burgers were on par with what you might get at a fast food place with some lettuce and tomato tossed on top. Nothing spectacular. While eating we came to the realization we could have gotten the same meal at BK or McD's for about $10 and it wouldn't have made me feel like vomiting for the rest of the day. Seriously--something was not "good" in my meal and it haunted me all day.

With so many other options in Lincoln City, I regret we didn't drive a little further and go to some place else. If you MUST eat at this place, stick to ice cream cones.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

My husband, along with another couple we went to the Coast with, were looking forward to experiencing Eleanor's and see if it lived up to the reviews we had read about. We showed up at 11:55am on a Wednesday afternoon, and Eleanor's was posted to open at 12:00pm. Our friend with us at the time was 7 months pregnant, and therefore obviously showing. The door was locked, and a waitress (or possibly Eleanor herself) came to the door, looked at us through the glass and mouthed the words: "5-10 minutes." We assumed she might open the door a couple of minutes later to let our expecting friend have a seat, but we were denied and therefore had to go back to our care until 5-10 minutes were up. 20 minutes later, Eleanor's was still not open. We walked to the door several times, seeing the same waitress standing behind the counter and ignoring our expectant looks. We left Eleanor's, very disappointed by the costumer service and the ignoring attitude of their posted hours. We came back a couple of days later, on a Saturday night around 7pm to get some ice cream. Surprisingly, Eleanor's was closed on one of the busiest times of the week. We called their phone number to find our what their hours were, to find that they do not even have a business-based answering machine message; just a standard robotic message stating the number was not available. We were thoroughly disappointed by the lack of professionalism at this restaurant, and by their obvious disregard for their costumers and their desire to have our money.

1  Thank llbeymer
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We love Eleanor's.....I had my husband's 60th birthday party there and a Great time was had by all!!!! This is an Awesome place to have parties of any type....from 2-90 years of age... Tom will give you exactly what you want.....You should try it the food is great and the people are even better!!!!!