“The best stop of our vacation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Breyhouse Ocean View Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Lincoln City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Brey House in the ‘Sun Room’ for two nights, and the experience was extraordinary. Shirley’s hospitality made us feel like we were part of her long lost family, and she spared nothing to ensure that we would enjoy our stay. We had traveled from Houston, and the breakfasts’ alone were worth the trip. Shirley has her own special recipes for the most exquisite unique dishes I’ve experienced in my 35 plus years of travel. The ocean view is beautiful, especially from the breakfast table. If you get within 50 miles of Lincoln City, the Brey House is worth the extra drive for the experience.

1  Thank John T

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We really enjoyed the cute room we had. Shirley is the sweetest hostess you could want to meet. The breakfasts were so delicious and beautiful.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We just ended our 4 night stay at the Brey House and had a lovely experience. We stayed upstairs in the Admiral's Room which had a partial ocean view and our own sitting room. We always had a wonderful cool ocean breeze and enjoyed sleeping with the window open. Our room was $129 and included a wonderful breakfast each morning. We felt that was quite a bargain considering that other places we looked at were a lot more expensive for an ocean view room.

The Brey House was clean and relaxing and we really enjoyed having a separate entrance where we could come and go as we pleased. If you're looking for new, modern decor and fussy snooty surroundings, then the Brey House probably is not for you. But if you're looking for a comfortable, homey experience with an innkeeper who truly cares that you're enjoying your stay and can steer you to the best restaurants and things to do in the area, then relax and enjoy this b&b.

The beach access is right across the street and it's so great to be able to enjoy the miles and miles of sandy beach. We even found one of the glass floats hidden on the beach!

2  Thank wanderer2587
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Booked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews (which are mostly good). Should've read and heeded the one less than perfect because I agree with that person. This place is old, dated, tired, in need of paint, etc. I know this lady is trying her best but, honestly, just give it up.

My allergies flared something miserable because of all the long carpet, dust, etc. about. While this is a short step to the beach, if you stay upstairs, you will be sweltering because of the evening sun.

Breakfasts were good and plentiful and conversation was just right..........but...........it actually took my breath away when we drove up - and not because it looked so good. Sadly, while this COULD be a great place if given a serious makeover........this lovely lady cannot do it by herself (and that's all there is).

The rates here are quite high for what you end up getting.

And it would've been good to know that a 5% discount is given for cash b/4 I'd paid with a credit card. Whatever............We won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Shirley B, Owner at Breyhouse Ocean View Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

This review has left me confused. During their stay, I made myself very available to these guests as I do to all my guests to make them feel at home and welcome. No problems were ever brought to my attention. I was quite confused when I saw this terrible review until I looked at the other reviews this guest has left on TripAdvisor.

The Brey House is a welcoming, relaxing, homestyle coastal b&b, clean and well maintained by myself and staff.

Reviewed 14 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at this B&B last year after Christmas and were excited to get away again this year for our anniversary. We arrived and were greeted like we were part of the family. We stayed in the Admiral's Suite and were happy with the view and spacious room. The candy treasures, drinks and popcorn in the room were a nice touch. Shirley also left a bottle of sparkling cider, strawberries and chocolates in our room for our special occasion. The rooms are comfortable and make you feel at home. This is NOT a 5 star hotel. You are invited into someone's home and the feeling of home is what makes this B&B special! Shirley knows the area well and is willing to pass on her knowledge to make your visit special. Breakfast is AMAZING!!! Plenty of food is offered and her presentation and culinary skills are wonderful! It's so nice to leave home and have somewhere to visit that makes me feel like I'm coming home. Thank you Shirley for once again making our visit so special. We look forward to visiting again soon... Maybe in January :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed in the front room on the top floor. The room was clean. Very difficult to get to, the outside steps were trickty to climb. the ceiling in the room itself had such a big dormer that you had to be careful getting out of bed. The room was not well ventilated in the bathroom section. You couldn't open the window easily and the screen needed repair. The view was ok. The bed was comfortable. I am glad that no one was in the next room, not much privacy. I feel that it was overpriced for what you got.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Stayed with family at the Brey House. Got the two downstairs rooms, with the sitting area. Nice, clean rooms. Good, hearty breakfast, and very pleasant host. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family