“Worst EVER!!!”

Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 15 April 2012

When paying for our room(s) the (manager?) commented about some employee that made our reservation over the phone 30 days in an advance had messed up the pricing of rooms. They were not very professional at all.

Then, I went to unload our luggage in a marked parking space in front of the office next to another car, being seconds in the parking spot I was rudley yelled at by the woman stating I can't park there. I, several times told her I was simply just unloading. She finally left after getting her point acrossed that we were once again, "Not allowed to park there even for a few seconds". So, we moved the vehicle to another parking space.

We got to the STINKY room that reeked like wet dog looked around, and thought "Oh no, what have we gotten into?"

This was a 1* star motel if that. I went to the office to ask about a broken knob on our jacuzzi tub for the jet pump. I was told by the male management staff to use my finger and push it down and that had just "so happenly" broke before we got there. It was dirty and unsanitary. I was beyond belief that I was told to use my finger.It had been broken for awhile based on the filth.

At this time, I knew it did not matter what was wrong.The management has the attitude that they don't fix anything and they don't care about their customers either.

Ok, let's continue our visit. The worst thing was the slider door lock that was not there.They expect a person to rely on a short piece of pvc pipe. This is not safe or secure and they would be held liable if someone broke in!

I used a pen to turn on and off the jacuzzi pump. We had constant dripping water from the bathtub. I don't believe this was properly cleaned and prepped prior to our visit at the cost of $109.00 plus taxes... etc. Ice machine was broken for four days.

We had a couple with us staying in another room and they felt the same. They had problems opening the front door. Had to move the coffee table for the heavy drop down bed. Outside hallway noises travel into the room. No screens on the windows. The room was very dirty and old. Never filled the shampoo or soap dispenser during the four days they were there. Never made the bed or cleaned. The ghost T.V. would turn off and on by itself and would go into spanish caption lock. Toilet bowl constantly ran. DVD player did not work.

We knew it would do no good to complain based on responses from management. This could be a great three star motel with the right MANAGEMENT/OWNERS. There needs to be more professionalism and maintenace.

I would question any great reveiw posted! We will never stay there again. ALL BEWARE THE PICTURES DONT LIE!!!

Here's the link to the pictures:

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank travelinfor3
SailorJack O, Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Im sorry your stay was not pleasant.. We truly believe in customer service as many guests will attest to. You came in very angry even tho we were very friendly and for some reason it went down hill from there. the reservation you are talking about was one we found just before you came in and we were talking about it between us,it wasnt about you.If you had let us know there were any other problems we would have done our best to address them, but you waited until you checked out. the parking issue she did not yell she just asked you to move when you were done. again we are very sorry your stay was not pleasant.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the room considering the price. It was a single queen and had a very comfy loveseat in addition to the standard table, chairs, desk & dresser. Neat and clean. The view was amazing.

I was waited on promptly and both people at the desk were friendly.

It's an older building and I thought the foot traffic, doors, etc., were a little noisy, but by late evening it was quite peaceful. My only other dissapointment was that the ice machine was out of order.

I usually stay at the casino, but they were booked up due to a convention. It's about a five minute drive, but that gives you a good opportunity to view all the other properties along the way. I'll likely stay here again, even if the casino has rooms available.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank playingtheslots
Reviewed 22 March 2012

we usually stay at a motel down the street, but we wanted to be adventurous and try out something new. I can say very honestly that we have found our new go to motel. The check in was a breeze, our room was not ready when we got there and had to wait about 30 minutes or so, which was fine as we were early getting in to town. the lobby area smelled wonderful and the lady checking me in was pretty nice, didnt seem like she really wanted to talk much though.
once we got in to the room we were completley surprised how it smelled clean and was very clean. the bathroom was small but who cares?
the other neat thing was where it was loctated. very end of the street at literally a dead end.

I would totally recommend this place to anyone that is looking for an affordable night away at the beach.

TOTALLY EXCITED TO COME BACK!!!

PS thank you for having KING size pillows with a KING size bed!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brandi0825
Reviewed 5 January 2012

A little hard to find, and older decor, but such a wonderful place to stay. Clean and such a great view of ocean from the room. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Brassaaylinda
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I have stayed at this place many many times. Its my go to place when I am headed to the coast for the weekend. An older couple manages it, and they are just amazing. They are always there to help you and offer places to go eat or see. The rooms are always very clean. I always get the King Hot Tub room with the ocean view and deck. All the rooms have an ocean view which are nice, plus at 100 a night for a hot tub room, that's the best deal on the Oregon Coast. If you want a nice, quite place to stay, at a reasonable rate, then this is your place. :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnson32682
Reviewed 6 December 2011

On a cold rainy night in February, 2011, I took my confirmation E-mail for a nights stay at Sailor Jack's and presented it to the manager at the front desk. Where upon he informed me that they did not honor reservations made online through Expedia and he had not rooms left to rent. The fact that I had a reservation confirmed and paid for made no difference to him. He sent me out in the cold with no place to stay.
Once my Visa statement arrived in the mail, I noticed that the charges for the room I never stayed in had not been credited back. I called the manager at Sailor Jack's and was told it was not his problem which resulted in my having to dispute the charges to recieve the credit due me. If you want to avoid stress and a hastle, just avoid renting from Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank coastaltravler03
SailorJacks, General Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

As I said when you came in with reservation Expedia has no contract with us and we never received a reservation from them.We also did find a room for you at another motel. We were full so i Had no rooms left or we would have given you a room. we at no time said it was not our problem or acted like it didnt matter because it does.We value our name and reputation...Your problem was with expedia which we told you to call them and tell them what was going on..and to request a refund. At no time had we received a reservation or funds from them. We are sorry for the problems you encountered. If you would please give us another try call us direct or make a reservation on our webpage as we have no contract with any travel website except trip advisor. We would like to make it up to you

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed last month with them, and used a coupon. cost $54.99 great deal. So we wanted a fireplace this time and we now had a dog. Couldn't use coupon this time. We understood that and their winter rates are not bad. All rooms have ocean view. But by the time, we had added the fireplace, the dog and room tax, We were just under $90.00 per night. Plus we were on the second floor, with older steep stairs, my knees can't do that and our bassethound was afraid of them, as the steps themselves were narrow. We probably will stay again, but only if we can get ground floor. But there are better pet friendly hotels in town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple