“good place to stay”

Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 28 June 2012

we stayed at sailor jacks last week. very good stay, clean room & bath, soft bed, very good view of ocean , the management was very nice. we will be back thank you for a very good stay

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom G
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The Sailor Jack used to be my go-to motel until the rude management scared me off. Well, last week, on a whim I decided to give it another chance and guess what? The rude people are gone and Verne and Bonnie are so much nicer. Not only that but the remodel has helped tremendously, especially the new carpet. All the special touches make this quite a gem because the view is amazing. Some of the best pictures I have taken have been from my window there. They also allow pets on the second floor and for all these reasons, the Sailor Jack remains my go-to motel! Thanks Bennie for all you have done to make this a clean, friendly and affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: People with pets may not stay on the third(top) floor. Also I am a light sleeper, so I asked to hav...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Beachgirl0113
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for returning, and thank you for your positive feedback. it was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again in the future. Russell & Bonnie, General Managers.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Love this place! I have been coming here since I was a kid. The rooms are always clean and affordable ~ especially since it's just a staircase away from the beach.
They have recently remodeled and the rooms are great!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LeeAnne M
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

We are so glad to hear you were pleased with the work we have done, and to hear that it made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

My fiance and I went here back in January for a weekend on the coast. The room was gorgeous, and our view was incredible. We had an extremely clean bathroom, which is always good. I have been to several hotels in Las Vegas, and none of the bathrooms even compare to how nice ours was. I loved that there was a little folder with information about the hotel and surrounding area. It was really helpful, because neither of us had ever been to Lincoln City or Sailor Jack's. The Wi-Fi at the hotel worked really well on my fiance's iPod. The most important part about our stay at Sailor Jack's was the fact that they helped my fiance propose to me. He'd apparently planned it with them on the phone a few weeks before the trip. The plan was for my fiance to buy a glass float from them so he could plant it on the beach near the hotel. They ended up giving him a beautiful and very special Sailor Jack float for free! The morning after we spent the night, my fiance got a call which I thought was from the owner's downstairs telling him there was something wrong with our card. I was so freaked out that we couldn't pay for the room. My fiance went down to check on the problem. I sat there worrying about what was happening. A few minutes later he returned to the room and told me everything was okay with the card, but that he had seen a glass float at the back of the hotel and we should hurry up and get it before anyone else can. I was tired (it was only 7:30) and I only had on pajamas, so I didn't quite understand what was going on. I followed him out to the back area and it was raining. I saw a blue white and green glass float on the grass next to a green glass bottle. He told me to check out the float. Then he said, "Wow. Looks like someone left a glass bottle lying there too. Why don't you see what's in it?" I opened the glass bottle and inside was a note asking me to marry him. The proposal was perfect, and it wouldn't have been without the help of the owners, or if it had happened at another location. I want to come back here many more times.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor have an amazing view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christhulicia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

When paying for our room(s) the (manager?) commented about some employee that made our reservation over the phone 30 days in an advance had messed up the pricing of rooms. They were not very professional at all.

Then, I went to unload our luggage in a marked parking space in front of the office next to another car, being seconds in the parking spot I was rudley yelled at by the woman stating I can't park there. I, several times told her I was simply just unloading. She finally left after getting her point acrossed that we were once again, "Not allowed to park there even for a few seconds". So, we moved the vehicle to another parking space.

We got to the STINKY room that reeked like wet dog looked around, and thought "Oh no, what have we gotten into?"

This was a 1* star motel if that. I went to the office to ask about a broken knob on our jacuzzi tub for the jet pump. I was told by the male management staff to use my finger and push it down and that had just "so happenly" broke before we got there. It was dirty and unsanitary. I was beyond belief that I was told to use my finger.It had been broken for awhile based on the filth.

At this time, I knew it did not matter what was wrong.The management has the attitude that they don't fix anything and they don't care about their customers either.

Ok, let's continue our visit. The worst thing was the slider door lock that was not there.They expect a person to rely on a short piece of pvc pipe. This is not safe or secure and they would be held liable if someone broke in!

I used a pen to turn on and off the jacuzzi pump. We had constant dripping water from the bathtub. I don't believe this was properly cleaned and prepped prior to our visit at the cost of $109.00 plus taxes... etc. Ice machine was broken for four days.

We had a couple with us staying in another room and they felt the same. They had problems opening the front door. Had to move the coffee table for the heavy drop down bed. Outside hallway noises travel into the room. No screens on the windows. The room was very dirty and old. Never filled the shampoo or soap dispenser during the four days they were there. Never made the bed or cleaned. The ghost T.V. would turn off and on by itself and would go into spanish caption lock. Toilet bowl constantly ran. DVD player did not work.

We knew it would do no good to complain based on responses from management. This could be a great three star motel with the right MANAGEMENT/OWNERS. There needs to be more professionalism and maintenace.

I would question any great reveiw posted! We will never stay there again. ALL BEWARE THE PICTURES DONT LIE!!!

Here's the link to the pictures:

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank travelinfor3
SailorJack O, Manager at Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Im sorry your stay was not pleasant.. We truly believe in customer service as many guests will attest to. You came in very angry even tho we were very friendly and for some reason it went down hill from there. the reservation you are talking about was one we found just before you came in and we were talking about it between us,it wasnt about you.If you had let us know there were any other problems we would have done our best to address them, but you waited until you checked out. the parking issue she did not yell she just asked you to move when you were done. again we are very sorry your stay was not pleasant.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the room considering the price. It was a single queen and had a very comfy loveseat in addition to the standard table, chairs, desk & dresser. Neat and clean. The view was amazing.

I was waited on promptly and both people at the desk were friendly.

It's an older building and I thought the foot traffic, doors, etc., were a little noisy, but by late evening it was quite peaceful. My only other dissapointment was that the ice machine was out of order.

I usually stay at the casino, but they were booked up due to a convention. It's about a five minute drive, but that gives you a good opportunity to view all the other properties along the way. I'll likely stay here again, even if the casino has rooms available.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank playingtheslots
Reviewed 22 March 2012

we usually stay at a motel down the street, but we wanted to be adventurous and try out something new. I can say very honestly that we have found our new go to motel. The check in was a breeze, our room was not ready when we got there and had to wait about 30 minutes or so, which was fine as we were early getting in to town. the lobby area smelled wonderful and the lady checking me in was pretty nice, didnt seem like she really wanted to talk much though.
once we got in to the room we were completley surprised how it smelled clean and was very clean. the bathroom was small but who cares?
the other neat thing was where it was loctated. very end of the street at literally a dead end.

I would totally recommend this place to anyone that is looking for an affordable night away at the beach.

TOTALLY EXCITED TO COME BACK!!!

PS thank you for having KING size pillows with a KING size bed!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple