“Great Oceanfront Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Spokane, Washington
“Great Oceanfront Hotel”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My friend and I recently visited the Sailor Jack and I would go back in a heartbeat. The service was awesome, the rooms were clean and the view was beautiful. I couldn't believe we got such a great deal! I cannot say enough good things about this place and the staff. I felt perfectly at home which is something I really appreciate in a hotel. I have already recommended the Sailor Jack to friends traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 31 August 2013

It was a great hotel, at a fantastic price right on the coast! I always choose oceanfront when traveling the coast, and this is the best one I've stayed at yet for half the price. The rooms were clean, the staff was great, and you can't get a better location. I grew up traveling every weekend for competitive sports, and have stayed in hundreds of hotels, and this one is up there in the top ten best! I'd recommend this hotel to all my family and friends, and I'll be staying here next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mikayla L
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

my sister and I stayed here for 2 nights July 30 & 31 on a road trip to Reno via the O coast. we checked out a few other motels first and were deterred by their higher prices - this motel was reasonably priced considering this time of year.
we had a room on the 3rd floor- 2 queens and a fridge etc.
the wifi did not work in our room but did work a bit outside the room (a nuisance actually).
we were welcomed to use the lobby but it was really hard to breath in there b/c the owner uses the plug-in deodorizes for whatever reason. ... way too strong!!! ... (that stuff isn't healthy!!)
I don't think a person could beat the view OR the beach proximity that this little motel offers.
- I was surprised that the window opened as wide as it did ... should have a safety stopper on it - of course we were fine but am thinking for people with youngsters I would be nervous that kids could fall out of the window if horsing around.
all in all we were happy with our stay here and would recommend it to others looking for good dollar value.
best wishes to one and all

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 August 2013

So a last minute family member came to to town. On Friday we tried calling around and there were just no rooms to be had. Especially one with two seperate rooms and that allowed dogs for Saturday night. Sailor Jacks website said they could get us in. We had a room on the third floor with a great view, 302. There is no elevator and the window only opens about 8 inches. The doggie relief area is kind of on a little hill but it was never a problem. They have a great beach access and not too many stairs. Only the bottom floors have balconies. Our room was a suite I think. It had a living area with a futon and a seperate bedroom. The furniture was nice and the futon was pretty comfy for sleeping. The carpet is worn out and all of the doors need replacing. Everyone of them would stick. The maid service was just so so. They made the beds and straightened up the room but left the coffee pot on all day and didn't clean much else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had reserved a room for a 3-day stay at the beach with a visiting teen-age relative. I remembered Sailor Jack's from my teen years and remembered the beach below the motel as being great.

Well, years have passed and have not been kind to Sailor Jack's. They have made improvements to the building, but the mattresses were truly awful. I spent the night clinging to the side of the mattress so I wouldn't roll to the middle of the bed into the trough. We found hairs on the pillow cases and in the bathroom sink...not ours. An large stain on the blanket of one bed was the straw that broke this camel's back.

We went to the front office requesting a refund for the 2 unused nights so we could go elsewhere. We were told that refunding was against their policy. We discussed this and decided to eat the $200+ dollars and moved to the Comfort Inn...no ocean view, but clean, well appointed rooms with comfortable mattresses and clean bedding. We left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door of Sailor Jack's for the full 3 days so the room couldn't be re-rented. Perhaps this was a bit small on our part, but.....

May advice is to skip this motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Mesugana

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at sailor jack about a year ago and had a very good time workers were very friendly and for the price you get a very good room. Now when we were there they were updating the rooms but they were still nice. We paid for a deck did not know that the deck is boxed in that you have to go out the front door and walk thru there walk way to the beach but on the plus side no random person can just walk right up on the deck.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Imagine a wall of windows looking out right at the ocean and you have a room at Sailor Jack. This hotel is simple, but oceanfront, and that is what we wanted. It is older, built in the 70's, but doesn't seem old, and has everything you need at the beach. The managers are sooooo nice-it was a great way to start your stay. Get a 2nd or 3rd floor room if you want to leave your window open at night because there is no screen in the window., and the view is awesome.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd or 3rd floor room if you want to leave your window open at night because there is no scree...