“Great view !”

Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were pleasantly surprised ! We weren't sure about staying with a couple poor reviews but the value and location was perfect. I could hear the waves all night and have never felt so on the beach ! While not fancy, it has the basic tv, microwave etc. check gal was great and the guy on Sunday gave us the channel for our Seahawks game. A definite would come back

Room Tip: I 'm not sure there is a bad one. All I believe are ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

First and foremost book direct for the most current info on availability AND rates. I read some reviews on Trip Advisor before making the reservation. Dont let a couple of "terribles" deter you from enjoying this place. PROS: Great ocean views! Great managers! Updated furnishings! Beach access! DVD players in each room with current rentals available in lobby! Fridge and microwave! No road noise just the ocean! Heat can run you out of your room, cold dreary winter storm day and we were toasty as we watched the incredible crashing waves. Affordability! Strict nonsmoking policy! Its refreshing to stay in a nonsmoking room that doesnt smell like an ashtray spritzed with air freshner. CONS: im a stickler for housekeeping and after checking in we found a piece of chewed gum in the sink and a stuffed animal under the couch, (we werent looking for something to complain about we were moving the couch so we could watch football and the ocean during commercials). The linens and toilet were clean. Initially scared by water pressure in the tub but shower turned out fine. Wish the TVs were a little bigger, but it was difficult to even stay focused on my favorite programming because i couldnt keep my eyes off the view provided by the huge window. Stairs can impede accessibility for some but ground floor looks totally accessible. After reading more reviews its obvious housekeeping needs to man up to the standards the rest of the establishment is trying to maintain. But dont let oak cabinets that need refinishing or a one inch area of peeling paint deter you from saving money and enjoying the bennies at this hidden diamond in the rough. Management acknowledged our housekeeping complaints and did state they're aware of these short omings and are still trying to make improvements. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This Place is a Nightmare:
Please spend the few extra dollars and dont get screwed by these people.I stoped in thinking we could save a few bucks by staying here.We were greated with a smile.and only charged $70.00 for a nice room.That had No soap/remote.No big deal right?Well i got home and found out THEY TOOK $200.00 Out of my credit Accout after I paid in cash.So i called them this morning.and was told we smoked in the room.I am a smoker but i never lit up in the room.As a matter of fact i walk down to the beach to smoke.While other patrons chose to smoke on the property.Just becuse i throw away a empty pack in the trash does not mean i smoked in the room.I never conplaned about all the construction being done right across my room.#208.
I will never return.You Should think twice before staying here.

P.S The securty Cams Point directly into some room.(KinKY)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I use to stay here all the time when we were first together; stayed here several years in a row in fact. We loved the location of the hotel on the beach, where it was in LIncoln City, the price of the rooms.... but we stopped staying here after the service started going down hill which included not only the deteriating condition of the rooms and decour but also with the notes on the fridge that you could not put fish in the fridge. Well, with the remodel and new owners I am pleased to say we will happily stay here again and again and again. The lady who checked us in was just a hoot and very pleasant to talk to. Even though they were booked the place was so quiet and peaceful, couldn't even tell that anyone else was staying there. The addition of morning coffee and muffins was a delighful treat and helped tide us over until we stopped for snack later in the day. I am so happy to be able to visit one of the best values for the money once again!

2  Thank Geri S
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have stayed at Sailor Jacks on several occasions and each time it just gets better and better! Quiet, romantic, and amazing view of the ocean. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. Can't wait until our next visit~

Room Tip: call in advance and book at room with a jacuzzi tub, you will get bottom floor, with a nice deck and...
2  Thank manderichwine
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here 3 nights in Sept 2013. Originally for 2 nights but we extended it an extra day. We had a good experience here. It was recommended to us by a relative and she did not steer us wrong.
Our 3rd floor room had a great view of the ocean through surprisingly large windows that allowed us to see the ocean even from bed. Easy access to the beach. Sailor Jack's even lights the beach (and the waves) for a few hours after dark - which was a nice plus.
The room had been remodeled fairly recently which made this older hotel very livable. The towels, however, were very tired and ragged. It is the end of the season and the towels had had a hard summer. The King Size bed was very comfortable.
The town of Lincoln City was very nice with good restaurants in the vicinity.
We will return to Sailor Jack's.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My friend and I recently visited the Sailor Jack and I would go back in a heartbeat. The service was awesome, the rooms were clean and the view was beautiful. I couldn't believe we got such a great deal! I cannot say enough good things about this place and the staff. I felt perfectly at home which is something I really appreciate in a hotel. I have already recommended the Sailor Jack to friends traveling to the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends