“Worked great for us.”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Newberg, Or.
“Worked great for us.”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The room was clean, the price was right and the views are amazing. The man who checked us in was very nice and quick to please. I liked the location as well. No bathroom fan or electrical plugins in bathroom. But mostly we are very happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Portland
Reviewed 6 July 2009

This is the place I have almost always gone. But, recently they changed it all to non-smoking. Would have been nice if it wasn't in the small print. We didnt find out until we already paid and were checked in. It always had a few rooms set aside for smokers, not anymore. So be aware, this place is NOT a good place if you smoke. They only supply you with an uncovered area to go, not ideal in the rain at the beach.
Other than that, was pretty nice. I like that it is on a dead end street, so you don't get a lot of traffic flying by all hours of the night.

• Liked — Comfort and the shuttle bus for the casino
  • Disliked — the noise from neighbors and no smoking area
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Salem,Or
Reviewed 1 July 2009

If your looking for fancy, this isn't it. Go to the Spanish Head or Shilo. But if you want a clean comfortable room at a reasonable rate with a great view, STAY HERE.
This place was recommended to us by my parents who like to stay here when they come to the coast. It is an older motel but has been remodeled inside. We stayed in a king room with fireplace. A large window looks right out on the Pacific Ocean. Open the sliding window and listen to the waves as they come ashore. It is audio therapy at its best.
The room was clean and spacious. Our only complaints would be the toilet kept clogging and the pillows were not comfortable. Otherwise the gas fireplace gave a nice ambiance and the love seat was very comfy. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room has a fridge and microwave and a coffee pot. Nice for that morning cup!
They also allow your pets for a nominal charge.
So if you want an affordable clean room on the coast, this is the place to go.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bigmacinoregon
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I think the people who posted good reviews of this motel are the same people who have a good time while making the other people staying here miserable. Despite the fact that there were many empty rooms, management put me next to a group that drove a jeep with huge wheels and the confederate flag painted on it and a note that said "fat girls can't jump." High class stuff here. They proceeded to have a beer party all night long and I eventually had to leave and check into the Landmark Inn to get some sleep. The room was musty smelling and the motel run down. It is right on the ocean but in Lincoln City, beach access is all over the place. It was not cheap either at about $110.00 although this place would not have commanded over $49.00 in most towns. The Oregon Coast is full of run down motels and low life travelers. My recommendation is find a nice "bed and breakfast." You will be far happier and spend hardly any more money.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 12 December 2008

This was the first time I had stayed at this particular property. On my previous trip I had stayed at the Esther Lee since they were reasonably priced and allowed dogs. I liked how Sailor Jack's looked on their website and the beach access looked a lot easier than at the Esther Lee.

I was right on both counts: Great place to stay and really great beach access!! It's something like 36 steps to the beach and all the rooms face oceanfront, so you have a GREAT view of the ocean all the time, even at night.

The staff was friendly and helpful and the other guests all seemed to be very courteous and quiet after hours.

I've read the other reviews which complain about the carpet being shoddy, or the walls patched, etc. Well...come ON, for ocean front at this price who CARES if the carpet or wall has been patched? The room was clean, comfortable and the fireplace was a great touch. I'd stay here again in a minute and recommend this to any of my friends who love to travel to the coast with their pets.

Good work guys!

• Liked — Price, location, access to shopping and beach.
  • Disliked — A lot of stairs to get to our room and the door stuck and you had to pull really hard to open and close it.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank dsaxon9454
Troutdale, OR
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Going to Sailor Jack is always a great time. The new managers do a great job. They are friendly and go above and beyond to make people feel welcome there. The building is older and there are a few little things here and there that could use repair, but to stay at the beach, on the beach, more than makes up for anything that the hotel itself may be lacking. It is close to everything. We have watched whales many times from the second or third floor. There isn't any traffic to listen to, as it sits in it's own little dead end. It is a very comfortable place to stay. If you want to have internet access, stay up above the manager's office. We've been 4 times this summer and just returned yesterday from another stay there. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Liked — the view, being right on the beach
  • Disliked — there is nothing we don't like about this place!!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 September 2008

Got a coupon for this place in a free coupon book. Thank God for that random book....We took it home and looked up the reviews and had a good feeling. They have a web site. Even better to see that.

Got there just fine. GREAT SERVICE!! They have new managers and they have been there for a month they told us. Nice to walk into a place and feel good when checking in. Very nice people and good first impression.

Got our room and we were very happy with the size of the room the veiw and how clean everything was. NOTHING smelled bad at all. I did my lysol wipe test and they passed with flying colors.

Great bed. Things may be seen as slightly used or dated....But as how I see it.....Nothing was broken down and everything worked and on top of that things were very clean and well kept. That matters to me more than anything.

We plan on coming back once more before winter sets in. I am telling everyone I can about the place and where to find the coupons.

I was very sad to check out I wanted to stay for a few more days at least. We stayed an extra night because everything was so awesome and cozy. By the way I felt VERY safe and secure in my room.

Oh yha.....The new managers do inforce their quiet time. I am very pleased with how pro-active they are and they snuffed out a problem really fast. I hope they stay forever!

Housekeeping is VERY attentive and we have never had such good service anywhere else we stayed. This is how the housekeeping should be done. Very sweet ladies and so very happy to be working there. We never went without anything all 3 nights we had everything. The best housekeepers ever.

:) GREAT PLACE YOU HAVE TO TRY IT.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Dog owners not picking up their poodle bombs in the yard. lol.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank freezerspider