“Will stay again......................”

Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I have stayed at Sailor Jacks three times. It is very economical and I enjoyed the rustic atmosphere. The last time I stayed there was for my wedding. I had about 7 other family members stay that weekend too at Sailor Jacks. No members of the family had any complaints. I must say the jacuzzi room is the best. I really liked the deck that led to the steps to the beach. I have recommended this motel to many family members and will continue to do so............................

• Stayed: July 2008
There are newer reviews for Sailor Jack Ocean Front Motel

Reviewed 11 March 2010

Stayed one night with two dogs- it was fine..but the plumbing had some issues...Didn't think it was an exceptional deal, but just average...we did enjoy the hot tub in the room and the beach access- although quite a climb still right there on the water- Would stay again considering the choices in Lincoln city- very quite and private location

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beckyjo77
Reviewed 2 March 2010

my wife and i have stayed at this place several times over the last couple of years. we have a little dog and the sailor jack is one of the better places to bring him along. especially for the price. the cheaper rates for an ocean front place get you more than you would expect. the rooms are nothing fancy, but are not trashy in any way. it seems that they have been doing a lot of updates since we started staying there a few years ago. the staff has always been very nice as well. we actually eloped last year and had a small impromptu wedding at the bottom of the stairs on the beach. we'll be back again this summer.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

out of all the places we have stayed in lincoln city and newport, sailor jacks is the only place we will stay now. the hotel staff is always very nice and the rooms are awesome.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frog01TheDalles
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Made reservations for Valentines weekend at least 3 weeks in advance. Reservations included two adults and three pets. Was told three pets would not be a issue as long as I paid a $10 per pet fee. When we arrived on the 13th management had changed and they had a two pet limit with a maximum weight of 25lbs. I came with three pets, a 80lb lab a 4 month old lab and a yorkie. New managers said the old manager was a "shady" character and never should have made the reservation with three pets. Needless to say the manager said he would have to "pass" on my reservations and basically sent us to the curb. He did not even offer to find us different accommodations. Well good luck trying to find a place to stay on Valentines day weekend let alone with three pets. Thanks for ruining our romantic weekend on the Oregon coast.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2010

The shine is off the penny at this hotel, but the room was clean and comfortable. The view was perfect with easy access to the beach. The managers run a nice quiet place, if you are going to party do not pick this hotel. Oh sure fancy is nice but how much time do you really spend in the room when at the Oregon Coast? Staying here is inexpensive, so you have more money for dinning and sightseeing, or making your own glass float!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dreamofengland
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We went to Sailor Jack's because it was recommended for those with pets on a budget. We had a kitchen suite that was about $90 a night before tax, nicely affordable compared to most. The view was fantastic from our door, and the beach access was great. The beds were fairly comfortable, and the kitchen was tiny and had only the bare minimum of equipment. The management was very dog-friendly, as advertised. It was very easy to hear the neighbors next door, unfortunately. Literally word for word. Overall it was a decent experience, nothing fancy, but a good value for a place with a nice view. HOWEVER, a few weeks after staying we found charges on our credit card. $20 for not doing the dishes in our kitchen suite (what is housekeeping for? Does that mean I was eating off dishes the previous guest cleaned? That makes me a little nervous, I have no idea how well they clean), which was supposedly posted somewhere. I didn't see the posting, it wasn't included in the guest book, or posted by the kitchen (the logical place--the only posting there was regarding the fireplace, perhaps I should have looked in the fireplace for the posting about the kitchen). I naturally assumed housekeeping would clean the kitchen as well as the rest of the suite, so I was fairly annoyed by that. Also, I was told when I called to dispute the charges that I should have found cleaning supplies and while we did find dish soap, there were no sponges, brushes, or anything else to clean with. A little hard to keep our end of the bargain up (a bargain we didn't know we had, much less). Also we were charged $10 for loss of a remote that wasn't there to begin with. And here I thought I was being a good, non-annoying guest by not complaining about the lack of the remote! Serves me right for trying to be an easy guest, I guess. Basically, it was a decent price for an ok room with a great location, but it left a bad taste after disputing charges I felt were unfair. Clearly it got more expensive as time went on. Not a nice experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple