“The only place we'll stay”
Review of Ester Lee Motel

Ester Lee Motel
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Feel the stress leave your body, as you settle in to the cozy cottage rooms. Breathtaking ocean views, so close you can hear the waves crashing. Over the past 12 years, we would stay 3 times through out the year. The peace that follows, is priceless. After our first few visits with our cat, she felt right at home, and now looks forward to the stay as much as we do. The gas or wood burning fire places add to the coziness of the rooms. The staff members are friendly and make you feel welcome. If I were unable to secure a room at the Ester Lee for my vacation week, I would have to reschedule.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

When I lived in Lincoln City as a kid I always thought the Ester Lee looked like a nice place to stay. Now I go there at least once every year. Next year it will be to stay for a month. The staff is friendly, the view is spectacular, the cottages are like having a small apartment and feel just like home. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The cottages are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our first stay was on our honeymoon 38 years ago after spending two nights at a luxury hotel. We have only returned to the luxury hotel once for a night (no view). Over the last 10 years we have visited the Ester Lee at least once a year if not twice. Stressful jobs require a few days of just relaxing with that view, walking the beach, and visiting multiple book stores nearby. Good movie theater across street and we have favorite restaurants. Staff are always friendly, rooms are always clean. We usually stay midweek during the long 'winter season'. Can't believe the price for a room with a bedroom, a kitchen, and the best view in the world.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My dogs and I have been staying at the Ester Lee for many years. The rooms are spacious with fabulous views, clean and the staff is friendly and welcoming. I stay there about 4 times a year and always come back. It is not luxurious but it is the nicest place I know that allows pets.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've stayed several times in the cottages and enjoyed each visit. I love the quaintness and charm of the rooms and except for the microwave, television and DVD player, it's like stepping back in time. The very first thing I do every visit is raise the blinds so there's no disruption to the incredible view! I like to bring my dog and my sewing machine for a couple of nights at a time. I lay out the old comforter and sheets to make the dog's bed near the fire where she curls up, and without the many distractions at home (despite the view and walks down to the beach) I get lots of sewing done. I got an extra treat this last visit when I awoke to a bright light through the window--the almost full moon was setting. With no fog that morning, the moon's reflection was shining from the horizon up to the water's edge. I hadn't brought my camera this visit, but grabbed the phone, stepped out the door in my pjs and captured the view. The result wasn't nearly as good as the real thing! Can't wait for my next visit!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I had only a weekend to spare in our quick trip to the Oregon coast. The Ester Lee typically has a 2 night minimum stay requirement over weekends, but we got lucky in a booking gap and there was a one night opening in the scheduling for a room.

The rooms are modest, yet charming, and the cost of our room was less than the value we experienced. The views were breath taking, and we were a short walk from the beach. The rooms are pet friendly.

We will certainly be making future visits to this lovely motel.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Ester Lee has been my motel of choice in Lincoln City since 1997. First I loved the dog friendly cottages, spacious-step back in time 50's look, with that ocean VIEW. Then, once dogless, I started staying in the motel. Wonderful rooms again with now nothing but a spectacular VIEW. The staff is always friendly, the rooms quiet and the free paper an added treat. Just the best!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo