Ester Lee Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Inn At Spanish Head(Lincoln City)
Overlook Motel(Lincoln City)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Historic Anchor Inn(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Looking Glass Inn(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Siletz Bay Lodge(Lincoln City)
Hideaway Motel(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
Palace Inn & Suites(Lincoln City)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cottagesbedroom cottagepaved roadoregon coastfull kitchengas fireplacewood burninggreat viewvirtual tourbeach accessocean viewhuge windowspet areashower headrooms are cleanlove this placeinn at spanish head
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We really enjoy our stays at the ester lee. We spend a lot of time watching the ocean while enjoying the warmth of the fireplace. Great sunsets this time! Nice room, good bed, and a working kitchen - better than home!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Unever
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here last year and I was about to book my trip for this year and I just wanted everyone to know this place is definitely the place you should stay. Everyone is so nice. Yes its a little old but it just adds to the experience. You are in your own little apartment basically with the best view of the ocean there is. I love the fact we can cook our own breakfast in the morning and then eat it in front of a warm fireplace while we watch the waves crash...I will stay here everytime I go to the ocean.

Room Tip: Use the online 3D tour to pick the best room for yourself.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a few times and every time has been very well spent. The staff is on til midnight and are very helpful. Being pet-friendly was very helpful for us, and the alley straight to the beach was a bonus. Full kitchens to boot, we made our trek here well worth-while! Anyone I know I recommend The Ester Lee, same beautiful views as the Inn at the Spanish Head, much better prices and great service.

Room Tip: The #4 has a hot tub in the room, all cottages have a beautiful view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Overall nice and clean hotel.

Pros:
View
Fireplace
Beach access
Friendly staff

Cons:
Rocky access to beach
Drafty window

The motel was well worth half the price of inn at spanish head, been to both would re-visit the ester lee sooner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank conniptionx
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Ester Lee is the only motel I know that has its own fan-club-in-the-making. I have never known a motel with such an avid fan base! There is a core group of people – and a pretty big group at that -- that returns to the Ester Lee (and ONLY the Ester Lee, in spite of a plethora of choices!) year after year.

And as a long-standing member of this group, who admits that she would be devastated if the Ester Lee weren't there, I can’t imagine why anyone visiting the Oregon Coast would stay anywhere else. And before you read any of these other reviews, ask yourself just WHY are you going to the coast?

I am baffled – and a little saddened – at the people who bemoan “weak wifi signals” and “older furniture.” Seriously?? When the Ester Lee offers a view to die for?! And at a price practically half of what some other places charge! Really people – if you haven’t stayed at the Ester Lee, you don’t know what you’re missing. The views – seen from HUGE windows that practically run the length of the rooms – are spectacular!

I've admitted I would be devastated if the Ester Lee were no longer there. How many places can you say that about? She is comfort. And blissful peace. Omigosh, such peace… You can pour that glass of wine (I bring cheap champagne and toast that magnificent ocean) and just sit and stare. All the basics are there to cook your own meals – but the Ester Lee is so well-located that great take-out is available, too.

I’ll admit to a certain bias for the cottages. Yes, I have dogs. But a lot of people who don’t have dogs feel as I do about the cottages, and book a cottage room for the nostalgia of it all. Because, you see, there is something TIMELESS about that place. That’s the beauty of it. You go there to get away – don’t you? To “DE-stress”?

And maybe this is the Ester Lee’s secret. Maybe you become a kid again, in a way. Life is no longer complicated. (The adult world of demands and obligations is such a noisy place). You get to play! And explore! And dream…

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends