“Great View”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Spokane, Washington
“Great View”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We arrived late and where greated by a wonderful desk clerk. She was very nice and efficiant. She is defintley an assett to your buisness. We then went to our room. I was pleasantly suprised. This hotel was very clean. The view from our room was spectacular. I was able to open our curtain and look at the ocean views. The only problem was at check out. I went down to speak with the desk attendant to see if I could have a late checkout. I was greated by a very nice women who was in training. She said she didn't know what the policy so I would have to wait for the lady who was on call. I waited for her to finish her call and was greated by her rudely saying that she basically didn't have time and what did I need. She then very rudely said they did not give late checkout. I replied thank you. I went to talk to them to rent a room for a later date. I was unable to do that because she had already turned her back on me. So I was unable to secure a weeks stay in June. I guess that is not important to this desk clerk. I will be taking my buisnesss somewhere else. I would only recomend this hotel to friends or family if this person is no longer there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wreelspo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at the Ester Lee Motel in Lincoln City Oregon. If you are looking for a nostalgic beach cabin that is pet friendly with fabulous views this is the place to stay. Beach cabins like the one's at the Ester Lee are quickly becoming a thing of the past as they are being replaced with modern hotels and accommodations. For our family we truly appreciate the historical aspect, comfort and low key experience of the Ester Lee Motel. For our family getaways it is also important that we can take our 4 legged family member along. Most of the cabins are pet friendly and they provide even towels and sheets for your pet. They have a great pet area that is conveniently located and stocked with pet clean up bags. The Ester Lee is located up on a rocky cliff above the beach so the views are unbeatable. We find it hard sometimes to break away from the mesmerizing views from inside and get outside for a walk. The cabin that we stayed in had a fully equipped kitchen so you can elect to cook meals if you want to avoid eating out all the time. The kitchens are equipped with most everything that you need except for some cooking pans (i.e. casserole dishes and cookie sheets). For our most recent stay we brought a few extra pans along with us so we could cook some more advanced meals. Our cabin had a full refrigerator, stove/range, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Our cabin was equipped with a small television and dvd player even though we did not utilize it much. The main lobby has dvd rentals and games in case you did not bring any with you. The cabins are also equipped with a fireplace which is either wood or gas. The two times that we stayed at the Ester Lee are units were equipped with gas fireplaces. For units with wood fireplaces, the motel provides wood for burning that is very close by. The staff is friendly, responsive and committed to ensure that guests are satisfied with their stay. I would highly recommend this property for a getaway for couples, families and individuals! It definitely will be our family's property of choice for our future visits to Lincoln City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank StarBann
Montana
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I'd love to give the Ester Lee a better rating. The view is gorgeous. The staff was very friendly. The cottage was spacious enough. However the place is a bit rundown which is surprising since they are in a high traffic area which suggests a better-than-average income stream. Granted it was an older property, but I have seen older properties very nicely updated. This one has not been. The other thing was the cleanliness. The carpet was vacuumed - but the edges were not clean. The big picture windows (which greatly enhance the total experience) were covered with fingerprints and grime. Yes, it was the coast and that adds to the clean-window challenge. However, most of this grime was on the INSIDE. Looked to me like their housekeepers could use a reminder.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Montana_Lake_Lady
Westlake, Oregon
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is an amazing little gem on the Oregon Coast. We love staying here and will continue to return any time we can. Being pet friendly allows spontaneity. The cottages are quaint, clean and comfortable. Fire places add to the coziness of being by the sea.

Room Tip: Cottages are the best.
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have stayed in cottage #2 many times. We enjoy this pet friendly room because it sits on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean with no obstructions. From the street level, you must walk down several steps, which makes it somewhat difficult when you are carrying luggage. I like the entrance to the room. It is an enclosed porch where you can clean off the dog after returning from the beach, take off sandy shoes, and store your coolers, etc. When you walk into the suite, the furnishings are simple, but adequate. (I would recommend that some attention be put into the wall hangings which are rather drab). The full length of the room has windows so that you can enjoy the view. The full kitchen and bathroom are tiny, but adequate and clean. The queen bed is rather uncomfortable according to my husband, so maybe a new mattress would take care of that. We enjoy the gas fireplace and two comfortable chairs while watching tv. Maybe a larger flat screen will replace the smaller monitor someday. The pet area is close to this room, so that you do not have to walk very far. The staff is extremely friendly and provides you with items that you may need very promptly. We will definitely come back to this room.

Room Tip: Select a cottage that is right on the bluff. The upper cottages may have somewhat of an obstruction...
1 Thank Brenda D
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have stayed in the motel and cabins and I don't think we have stayed in a room we didn't enjoy. This is our go to place when staying in Lincoln City our dogs also enjoy it we have large dogs and it is hard to find a place that they are welcome at but it is never an issues at Ester Lee. The staff are always warm, friendly, and very helpful. We usually just tell them weather the dogs will be joining us and how many people we need to sleep and they pick us the best room available. I highly suggest everyone check it out.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what your needs are and they will pick you the best room.
2 Thank Chrissy M
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband, dog, and I stay here for the Lincoln City Half Marathon (the start/finish is only ten minutes away) and we always look forward to returning. Somehow we always wind up in room 116, which is very spacious. You can't beat the view, and the doggie linens are a nice touch. It's an easy walk to the Inn at Spanish Head next door for cocktails/meals. We'll see you again in 2015!

1 Thank Martrese