“great location!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“great location!”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

The decor is beach funky, but the room we had was spacious with a great view out to the beach. We loved staying here. The only downside was that everybody else seemed to have a dog or dogs, and some of them were not so well behaved. On the walls there are pictures of dogs. In the reception, there are dog treats. It did not bother us in the room, but every time we went outside somebody's dog seemed to be growling or barking at us. Also, WiFi was very spotty, and our room wasn't that far from the office.

1 Thank katyzm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Looking Glass Inn has always been a favorite place to go. The rooms are nice, the staff usually friendly and dogs are made to feel very welcome. I have recommended Looking Glass Inn to many friends and family members. I like everything about the place EXCEPT their 72 hour cancellation policy. I admit, I have made reservations before and had to cancel less than 72 hours before my trip. However, I have never asked to not be charged for the first nights stay, as per their policy. This past time, I once again had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. I called Looking Glass and cancelled my reservation. I was handed over to someone whom I believe is a manager/owner. I was told that I had "done this to them before," and they were being very nice to not charge me for the first nights stay. I politely apologized for something coming up and said I would be back in the future. Now, as I am thinking about a coastal getaway in June, I find myself not wanting to return to Looking Glass Inn due to the label that will be on my name as a person who cancels their reservation with less than 72 hours notice. It's amazing how one interaction with one Looking Glass Inn representative can have that much effect on a person's willingness to go back. I also think due to this interaction, I am going to stop recommending Looking Glass Inn to family and friends. I would hate to have a family member treated the same way I was based on a recommendation from me. Sorry Looking Glass Inn, I believe you have lost a faithful customer.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank RN2CRZ
westoverinns, Manager at Looking Glass Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
We are sincerely sorry for the way this conversation came across with this guest and have made a private apology. We do make exceptions for extenuating circumstances and we always do everything in our power to make every guest happy.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Like a home away from home. Very spacious and well appointed. Surprisingly was very quiet. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Continental breakfast was adequate and fresh. Ideal location to the beach.

1 Thank Awenydd
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Last year was the first time we stayed there. We stayed for 3 days and on the last day we were wishing we stayed an extra day. The location was great! Our girls (Rat Terriers) loved walking, exploring, running and chasing seagulls on the beach (luckily for us the seagulls were smarter than our girls). The inn was very accomodating for our girls. We received a pet basket for our stay that included pet bowls, treats, potty bags, towels and sheets. There's even a pet area for their outside business. The staff and the service we received was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and overall comfortable with the exception of the queen sized bed. We would have preferred a king sized bed in the one bedroom deluxe suite that we had (our girls sleep with us). This year we stayed for 4 days and again on the last day we were wishing we stayed an extra day. So to be sure we just booked ourselves again for next year and yes, we're staying for 5 days :D

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2011

What a wonderful place to stay, right across from the beach, nice and quiet and great for walking. They definitely are pet friendly which is great. We stayed in the one bedroom suite which was perfect because we were friends traveling together and we had two small dogs who just loved the beach. The rooms are very spacious and the staff are incredibly helpful. We enjoyed our week stay and will be coming back again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Wonderful location next to the beach. Very small public parking area so not alot of traffic, cars or pedestrians. Nicely lit in the evenings for a stroll. Small nicely grassed area for the dogs instead of some scraggly weed patch I have had to use in other motels. They give you a basket with dog dishes, dog bones, towels, sheets for the furniture & beds, poop bags and they even have dog beds you can take to your room! Very nice kitchenette and view of the beach. We had a wonderful, relaxing vacation.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Canby, Oregon
Reviewed 12 April 2011

If there is anything going on in town you will be there at the Looking Glass!
Great, wonderful people! Looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Upper floors have air tubs! Very relaxing!