“THANK YOU!!!”

Looking Glass Inn
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This was my first stay at this property and I have to say, I WILL BE BACK!!
I traveled with my two little dogs and they loved their little beds and treats that MaryAnn and her staff had set out for them.
The property was very well located and it was a breeze to walk to and from the beach from our room. I stayed on Memorial Day weekend and sure enough it was full but to my surprise it wasnt loud at all.
Breakfast was full of choices and the coffee was great!

Thank you Looking Glass, we had a AMAZING weekend!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Vsb7victoria
There are newer reviews for Looking Glass Inn

Reviewed 29 May 2011

I traveled from Portland to Lincoln City for my birthday celebration on May 22nd and stayed at the Looking Glass Inn for two nights. My gf and I brought our two little wiener dogs with us and we LOVED the place & the staff!! The rooms were spotless and had great ammenities. The hotel's location is directly across from the beach and the famous "Mo's Restaurant"...it's also within walking distance of a number of shops and places to see in the Taft District. The grounds are very well kept up. They have a separate area for doggie potty action and a really cute picnic spot with 2 gas grills & 2 picnic tables. The continental breakfast had a nice variety of things to choose from and the staff was so helpful and very, very nice. We will DEFINITELY stay here again and I am spreading the word to all my friends too!! In fact, I'm going online now to see if I can book a few days in July! Five thumbs up! :-)

1  Thank CHOPS523
Reviewed 25 May 2011

The decor is beach funky, but the room we had was spacious with a great view out to the beach. We loved staying here. The only downside was that everybody else seemed to have a dog or dogs, and some of them were not so well behaved. On the walls there are pictures of dogs. In the reception, there are dog treats. It did not bother us in the room, but every time we went outside somebody's dog seemed to be growling or barking at us. Also, WiFi was very spotty, and our room wasn't that far from the office.

1  Thank katyzm
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Looking Glass Inn has always been a favorite place to go. The rooms are nice, the staff usually friendly and dogs are made to feel very welcome. I have recommended Looking Glass Inn to many friends and family members. I like everything about the place EXCEPT their 72 hour cancellation policy. I admit, I have made reservations before and had to cancel less than 72 hours before my trip. However, I have never asked to not be charged for the first nights stay, as per their policy. This past time, I once again had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. I called Looking Glass and cancelled my reservation. I was handed over to someone whom I believe is a manager/owner. I was told that I had "done this to them before," and they were being very nice to not charge me for the first nights stay. I politely apologized for something coming up and said I would be back in the future. Now, as I am thinking about a coastal getaway in June, I find myself not wanting to return to Looking Glass Inn due to the label that will be on my name as a person who cancels their reservation with less than 72 hours notice. It's amazing how one interaction with one Looking Glass Inn representative can have that much effect on a person's willingness to go back. I also think due to this interaction, I am going to stop recommending Looking Glass Inn to family and friends. I would hate to have a family member treated the same way I was based on a recommendation from me. Sorry Looking Glass Inn, I believe you have lost a faithful customer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank RN2CRZ
westoverinns, Manager at Looking Glass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

We are sincerely sorry for the way this conversation came across with this guest and have made a private apology. We do make exceptions for extenuating circumstances and we always do everything in our power to make every guest happy.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

Like a home away from home. Very spacious and well appointed. Surprisingly was very quiet. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Continental breakfast was adequate and fresh. Ideal location to the beach.

1  Thank Awenydd
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Last year was the first time we stayed there. We stayed for 3 days and on the last day we were wishing we stayed an extra day. The location was great! Our girls (Rat Terriers) loved walking, exploring, running and chasing seagulls on the beach (luckily for us the seagulls were smarter than our girls). The inn was very accomodating for our girls. We received a pet basket for our stay that included pet bowls, treats, potty bags, towels and sheets. There's even a pet area for their outside business. The staff and the service we received was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and overall comfortable with the exception of the queen sized bed. We would have preferred a king sized bed in the one bedroom deluxe suite that we had (our girls sleep with us). This year we stayed for 4 days and again on the last day we were wishing we stayed an extra day. So to be sure we just booked ourselves again for next year and yes, we're staying for 5 days :D

Reviewed 26 April 2011

What a wonderful place to stay, right across from the beach, nice and quiet and great for walking. They definitely are pet friendly which is great. We stayed in the one bedroom suite which was perfect because we were friends traveling together and we had two small dogs who just loved the beach. The rooms are very spacious and the staff are incredibly helpful. We enjoyed our week stay and will be coming back again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends