“wonderful find”

GreenLeadersBronze level
British Columbia, Canada
“wonderful find”
Reviewed 11 October 2009

If you don't care about being on the ocean in Lincoln City...especially if it's foggy...this hotel is wonderful. It's right across the street from the beach and the rooms are huge and completely renovated. The beds were fantastic. They have a decent continental breakfast (waffles!) included with the low rate. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lululemon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We checked the Tripadvisor reviews for this lodging, and we agree. Everything looks new, clean, up-to-date here. Delicious cookies on arrival--congenial, helpful male receptionist--immaculate room--good bed. The shower is invigorating. Quiet stay. We asked for a quiet room, and he placed us on the third floor in the back. Note, the breakfast room has a patio; in case the weather is warm, and you wish to sit outside. It also has soothing music piped in. The garage also has soothing music piped in, a nice way to start our stay. Hope you find this helpful from two retired folks, active and young at heart!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed 16 September 2009

The moment you walk in to this prestigious establishment, your soul seems to cleanse itself. I don't know if its the faint scent of delicious baked treats prepared by the finest of culinary hands, or the twinkle of hope and joy that emanates from the eyes of the desk clerk that make you feel safe... peaceful... at home. With the buzz of the bustling city streets, now being drowned out by the angelic compositions resonating inside the lobby and coursing through the halls, you can relax... you’re home. In the midst of this euphoria, I mustered up the strength to continue with my check in, only to find out the clerk spoke in a language that was unfamiliar to me... a language of the old world, almost completely forgotten in the sands of time... the language of customer service. As I awoke from the spell of customer satisfaction that was cast on me, I realized that everything had been taken care of, and the gentleman was holding a pair of key cards with an outstretched hand. Without speaking the words, the clerk’s mannerisms and gestures spoke for him... "Your suite is ready"... "You’re all set".... "You’re home". As I entered the room I scanned my surroundings until my eyes fixated on the painting hanging on the wall. "Is it possible?"..."Could it be a Monet?". I noticed the plethora of artifacts placed around the room; the finely crafted furniture, the delicate linens (700 thread count no doubt), the flawless fixtures in the bathroom. I had to ask myself where the proprietors of this lodge found time to run a business, in the midst of their treasure hunting. I sat on the edge of my bed to collect myself and lay my head down. I awoke in the lobby; starring at the same beautiful face that graciously checked me in. He asked if I enjoyed my stay, I must have. He asked why I was crying, I spoke over my shoulder as I perambulated through the threshold of the lobby, "It’s always sad to leave home".

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Montrose, CO
Reviewed 5 September 2009

This hotel has been updated and is in good shape. The breakfast area gets very crowded, however, and is almost impossible to take advantage of that unless you arrive very early in the morning. The rooms here are very clean and roomy. Don't miss dinner at the Pier 101 Restaurant, just down the road to the left of the hotel. The best fish and chips ever!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Nice, very clean, updated sometimerecently, staff was fantastic, pet friendly. Rooms have fridge and microwave, balconies. Bathroom had a real granite shower-surround. Most of the rooms face the "back' and a thicket/marsh area. Rooms on the "front" have some road noise, but nothing to worry about. Our room on the second floor and had a "peek-a-boo" view of the ocean in the distance, third floor rooms would be even better. We did have a nice view of Devils lake next to the hotel. There is a nice park area next to the hotel,and a boardwalk over the marsh too. Great for a morning dog-walk.

The hotel is across the 101 highway from the beach, but there is a tunnel you can walk through if you don't want to cross the road. Either way the beach is very close and beautiful! Several restaruants are within walking distance.

Portland, OR
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We needed a hotel for our 29th wedding Anniverary and found this one on Expedia.
It is located just across Highway 101 from the beach so the location was very good, it has a great indoor pool and hot-tub, a good breakfast, and even an outdoor eating area with BBQ's provided.

We had originally planned on 2 nights but it morphed to 3. A very restful and meanigful time for our Anniversary.

LaCenter, Washington
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We had stayed at this hotel before but were pleasantly surprised at the upgraded rooms and wonderful location. If you are looking for a clean well appointed stay - THIS IS IT! Thanks for a great hotel on the coast!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple