“Great throwback and good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 105 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Aloha, Oregon
“Great throwback and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly and fast service, Good food with fair prices. Loved the 60's theme/music. Felt like a kid again.

Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My sister and I went in and ordered carry out for ourselves and my (picky, ha ha) husband and 2 kids (13 yrs & 3 yrs), and we had the best burgers we've ever eaten!! Their homemade chips are to die for, as well!

Milton Freewater, Oregon
“very dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

After reading several reviews, I decided to try the 60's café on my next trip to Lincoln City. (usually twice a year). I love good burgers. My trip was on 4/30/14. I went to the diner around 6:45 pm. There were 2 other people in there when I arrived. I was greeted, given water and a menu quickly. After looking the menu over I had to try the "Blue Cheese Burger". I really like a good blue cheese burger .It was described as topped with blue cheese, bacon, turkey?, lettuce, tomato and grilled onions. My order was taken promptly. It seemed to take a long time for no busier than they were for my order to be ready. When my food finally arrived, it looked really good. I was however not expecting "seasoned" fries. Most burger places in the 60's served "shoestring fries" (fresh cut). After the first bite I was really disappointed. There was very little blue cheese on the sandwich. The burger was "well done" to the point of dry, tough, and chewy. The bacon was "burnt" to a crisp. The turkey? yes turkey. I have yet to figure this one out. Had been heated on the grill, and tasted "old" or it had all been cooked on a dirty grill. It was topped with lettuce, tomato, and the grilled onions. Then it was all "drowned " in 1000 island dressing. These flavors did not go together at all. There wasn't enough blue cheese to even taste it. Also after seeing a sign "try our old-fashioned, hand-dipped milkshakes" I ordered a cherry shake with my burger. I expected a cherry shake with cherries in it. What I got was vanilla ice cream flavored with (artificially flavored) Torani cherry syrup. ( I saw the waitress make it). Tasted nothing like an "old-fashioned, hand-dipped" shake. DQ makes a better shake. After getting my food I was basically ignored by the waitress. She was too busy mopping and cleaning, probably trying to be able to leave and lock the at their 8pm closing time. Never asked "how is your food, Can I get you anything else? I finally got my check, paid it and left. Needless to say after almost nasty food and poor service I will never go back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
tangent oregon
“burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

we stoped in and had there burger they were yummy are son and his girlfriend founf the place cool decor we plan on going back taking are daughter and grandkids there.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Quick stop before heading back to Portland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

After a stop at the casino to see a friend we needed to grab something to eat for the ride. The decor is what pulled us in, it was great. We got a blt, shake and root beer float to go. It was not crowded so we had time to stroll and look at the pictures while we were waiting. Very cool stuff! Food was good, shake nice and thick and float was creamy. Prices were pretty good for Lincoln city. Bathroom was clean and good cell reception in the restaurant. Nice quick stop, good diner food.

• 4 of 5 bubbles